BAPTISM

RayneBeau

No, RC baptism is nothing but a hollow show.
So then, RC baptism is not really a spiritual rebirth as the RCC claims it to be.
But isn't it true that Roman Catholics depend on their 'church' to tell them the truth, so consequently they believe that through the priests' symbolic action of wetting the baptisimal candidate with water along with the vocalization of selective ritual words, the person is then cleansed of all his sins and incorporated systematically into the Roman Catholic Church through their rite of baptism?

mica

So then, RC baptism is not really a spiritual rebirth as the RCC claims it to be.
But isn't it true that Roman Catholics depend on their 'church' to tell them the truth, so consequently they believe that through the priests' symbolic action of wetting the baptisimal candidate with water along with the vocalization of selective ritual words, the person is then cleansed of all his sins and incorporated systematically into the Roman Catholic Church through their rite of baptism?
no, they aren't cleansed of any sin, tho that is what the RCC tells them.

yes, that's a 'rite' to become a catholic, a part of the RCC.

RayneBeau

no, they aren't cleansed of any sin, tho that is what the RCC tells them.

yes, that's a 'rite' to become a catholic, a part of the RCC.
Roman Catholicism makes the claim that their baptismal ritual removes the guilt of sin and all punishment due to sin, confers the grace of regeneration and the infused virtues, incorporation into Christ and His [Roman Catholic] Church, receiving the baptismal character and the right to heaven.
Whatever do they mean by the "baptismal character"?

Last edited:

mica

Roman Catholicism makes the claim that their baptismal ritual removes the guilt of sin and all punishment due to sin, confers the grace of regeneration and the infused virtues, incorporation into Christ and His [Roman Catholic] Church, receiving the baptismal character and the right to heaven.
an online definition is - According to Roman Catholic Church teaching, a sacramental character is an indelible spiritual mark (the meaning of the word character in Latin) imprinted by three of the seven sacraments: Baptism, Confirmation, and Holy Orders.

RayneBeau

an online definition is - According to Roman Catholic Church teaching, a sacramental character is an indelible spiritual mark (the meaning of the word character in Latin) imprinted by three of the seven sacraments: Baptism, Confirmation, and Holy Orders.
Oh yes, I do remember the nuns taught us that when we were bapitized into the Roman Catholic Church that at that point we received an "indelible mark" on our souls that only God could see and it identified us as Roman Catholics - our surety of heaven.

leonard03782

So........., How much guilt does does A baby of two or three month old baby have?

mica

Water baptism does NOT bring about a spiritual new birth in Roman Catholics or anyone else. To state that it does is to contradict the testimony of Scripture as well as the practical experience and testimony of multitudes who have been baptized.
it also contradicts the experience and testimony of those who have been born again prior to being water baptized.

jonathan_hili

Water baptism does NOT bring about a spiritual new birth in Roman Catholics or anyone else. To state that it does is to contradict the testimony of Scripture as well as the practical experience and testimony of multitudes who have been baptized.
It does. The Holy Spirit has personally led me to interpret scripture in this way, so I know I'm right. Thankfully, it accords fully with Christian tradition and history.

mica

RayneBeau said:

It does. The Holy Spirit has personally led me to interpret scripture in this way, so I know I'm right.
no, the Holy Spirit did not lead you in that.

The Holy Spirit can never lead anyone contrary to scripture. you might ask that 'spirit' who its source is.

Thankfully, it accords fully with Christian tradition and history.
that'd be catholic tradition and history, not Christian. it's not scriptural.

RayneBeau

It does. The Holy Spirit has personally led me to interpret scripture in this way, so I know I'm right. Thankfully, it accords fully with Christian tradition and history.
As expected, your "Holy Spirit" must be a Roman Catholic who personally leads you to interpret scripture in the Roman Catholic way.
The Holy Spirit of God - the 3rd Person of the Trinity interprets the scripture in accordance with God's Word - and HE is the only one that is "right." Interesting how your personal interpretation "in some mysterious way" accords fully with whatever Roman Catholic tradition and history you personally choose to believe.

jonathan_hili

no, the Holy Spirit did not lead you in that.

The Holy Spirit can never lead anyone contrary to scripture. you might ask that 'spirit' who its source is.
It's not contrary to scripture. The Spirit has shown me that water baptism for salvation is how to interpret scripture correctly. If you believe otherwise, then you have not be led be the spirit.
that'd be catholic tradition and history, not Christian. it's not scriptural.
No, it's the tradition of every Christian body until only very recently. Look it up in history.

jonathan_hili

As expected, your "Holy Spirit" must be a Roman Catholic who personally leads you to interpret scripture in the Roman Catholic way.
Just like your "Holy Spirit" must be a Protestant one who personally leads you to interpret scripture in a Protestant way. Funny that.
The Holy Spirit of God - the 3rd Person of the Trinity interprets the scripture in accordance with God's Word - and HE is the only one that is "right." Interesting how your personal interpretation "in some mysterious way" accords fully with whatever Roman Catholic tradition and history you personally choose to believe.
Maybe it just shows that the Catholic tradition is right after all.