Baptists release list of sex abusers

288 pages from the past 20 years. Hundreds of clergy members turn out to be sexual predators and the church protected them and stonewalled victims.

Hardly surprising that the people that spend all their waking hours obsessed with other people’s sexuality would turn out to be sexual predators.

I bet a large percentage of theses abuse cases were homosexual.
You would lose that bet. Here is the entire report.

You have completely misrepresented the report. It's not about homosexuality, it's about the SBC's cover-up of the sexual abuse of women. I've read every word of it.

There is a case where one member likely was homosexual predator and his name was revealed. Law enforcement prevailed. The real issue is how easy the SBC made it to hide these assaults from the entire convention.

I haven't belonged to an SBC church for more than a decade.

This is not the magnitude of Catholic cover-up, but I think some Baptist leaders may have taken lessons from them.

The real problem is with the fringes of Complementarianism. This group wants women to shut up and clean the pots and pans. One of the worst offenders is Dr. Paige Patterson. You can read about his words in terms of 'breaking them down'.

Your claims are offensive, misleading, and false. You must have been reveling in the failure of some Baptists, when the facts are that you didn't even read Guideposts report. Shameful.

Based on the names and cases that are already known, I would say it would be sexual contact with underage girls.

Sorry Charlie
Here is the report. It was completely misrepresented by this poster.

I find that, as always, a few bad apples have sinned egregiously and made it purposefully to hide the facts and their shame.

I used to be a member of an SBC church but that was over a decade ago. As you know, I'm reformed Baptist now.

God Bless my friend.

Nobody is denying Evangelical clergy also rape women.

I'm saying I would not be the least bit surprised if a large percentage of the abuse victims are boys being raped by grown men.
More evidence of you not telling the truth. I've read this report, all 288 pages of it. No such claim was made.

You said, "Based on the names and cases that are already known, I would say it would be sexual contact with underage girls."

that is the list I was referring to?

remember, I don't play games like you people
Again, the report shows your true colors. You don't seem to take any responsibility for posting egregious misrepresentations. Shame on you.

yes

The Baptists are patriarchal. I’d be surprised if any of this specific group of perpetrators are women. That is perfectly reasonable.

This might be hard for you to believe, but right-wingers on this forum have been misrepresenting your position.
Show some facts. Not speculations, guesses, opinions.

You really can't focus on anything but transgenders. Why does this bother you so much?
I didnt mention 'transgenders' once in the post you have responded to. Dont you realise that makes it your obsession?
All I stated was biological reality so your objection with your imaginary 'transgenders' shows 'transgenders' denies the biological reality. Why do you blame your obsession on others and was your mother not a woman?

I didnt mention 'transgenders' once in the post you have responded to. Dont you realise that makes it your obsession?
All I stated was biological reality so your objection with your imaginary 'transgenders' shows 'transgenders' denies the biological reality. Why do you blame your obsession on others and was your mother not a woman?
While you did not use the word transgender in the post I replied to, your first two sentences made it clear you were talking about what is in your mind a clear distinction between men and women, and the fact that others may have different opinions.

You would lose that bet. Here is the entire report.

You have completely misrepresented the report. It's not about homosexuality, it's about the SBC's cover-up of the sexual abuse of women. I've read every word of it.

There is a case where one member likely was homosexual predator and his name was revealed. Law enforcement prevailed. The real issue is how easy the SBC made it to hide these assaults from the entire convention.

I haven't belonged to an SBC church for more than a decade.

This is not the magnitude of Catholic cover-up, but I think some Baptist leaders may have taken lessons from them.

The real problem is with the fringes of Complementarianism. This group wants women to shut up and clean the pots and pans. One of the worst offenders is Dr. Paige Patterson. You can read about his words in terms of 'breaking them down'.

Your claims are offensive, misleading, and false. You must have been reveling in the failure of some Baptists, when the facts are that you didn't even read Guideposts report. Shameful.
I didn’t misrepresent anything. I speculated that a large percentage of the victims could be boys. I still believe that may be the case. There is no denying the coverup. I wouldn’t be the least bit surprised that all the homosexual rape might still be undisclosed. I don’t know. I wouldn’t be the least bit surprised.

You belong to an organization that hid sexual predators and ignored and further humiliated the victims.

288 pages from the past 20 years. Hundreds of clergy members turn out to be sexual predators and the church protected them and stonewalled victims.

Hardly surprising that the people that spend all their waking hours obsessed with other people’s sexuality would turn out to be sexual predators.

From a scroll through the list (in a lot it gives news links, etc.), it appears to be largely males preying on young females in the church, interestingly. Perhaps because they don't have the 'no wives' stuff, it isn't as big of an appeal to homosexual predators as the Catholic church was.

From a scroll through the list (in a lot it gives news links, etc.), it appears to be largely males preying on young females in the church, interestingly. Perhaps because they don't have the 'no wives' stuff, it isn't as big of an appeal to homosexual predators as the Catholic church was.
Yeah, Baptists do not require celibacy like the Catholics do. It is just a bunch in men in power who use that power to find and use young women under their authority.

While you did not use the word transgender in the post I replied to, your first two sentences made it clear you were talking about what is in your mind a clear distinction between men and women, and the fact that others may have different opinions.
Answer the question put to you.

I didn’t misrepresent anything. I speculated that a large percentage of the victims could be boys. I still believe that may be the case. There is no denying the coverup. I wouldn’t be the least bit surprised that all the homosexual rape might still be undisclosed. I don’t know. I wouldn’t be the least bit surprised.

You belong to an organization that hid sexual predators and ignored and further humiliated the victims.
Ah there you again. What do you mean by boys? Define!

Yes. The celibacy probably makes things a lot worse.

Transgenderism is off topic in this thread.
Transgenderism is off topic in this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yes, you did. You misrepresented what the article said. Then you speculated. Since the facts reveal you didn't even read it, you should be ashamed of yourself for making false claims.

I reported what the facts actually were. You didn't. You found something that looked like a good talking point to inflame tempers.

I don't belong to an organization that hid anything. I haven't been near an SBC church for more than a decade and said so. Misrepresenting the facts again. If you tell another false accusation about me in a public say, you know that I will report it.

Most of our news organizations are loaded with such people. It's not journalism, it's yet another lie.

In the future I will consider your threads to be without facts, designed to stir up strife, mean spirited and completely unreliable.

Link?

If they out just one name it will be more than what came out of Epstein.

Gays and deviants infiltrating churches is a reflection of existing in your world so it's not surprising.

Back