Baptized in the Holy Spirit

aidenahmer

Hi, I'm new on here. My name is Aiden and I have a prayer request that I don't necessarily believe is urgent, but it is important. I was recently baptized in the Holy Spirit at a church meeting and my request is that I start to seek the Lord in a deeper sense than I have been. Also, pray for me to discern the lies from my own mind and the Enemy and the truth that comes from the Word of God. Also, help me to have a boldness and faith that is unshakable. I work in a hammer manufacturing warehouse in Rockford, Illinois and it is easy for me to slip into the behavioral patterns of some of my coworkers. Pray that God would help me to be a light that shines in dark places.

Magdalena

Welcome... and many blessings to you. He’s watching over you, Aiden. He hears and answers prayers. You’ve put your life in His hands. There’s no better place to be. Be well and happy.

SteveB

Hi, I'm new on here. My name is Aiden and I have a prayer request that I don't necessarily believe is urgent, but it is important. I was recently baptized in the Holy Spirit at a church meeting and my request is that I start to seek the Lord in a deeper sense than I have been. Also, pray for me to discern the lies from my own mind and the Enemy and the truth that comes from the Word of God. Also, help me to have a boldness and faith that is unshakable. I work in a hammer manufacturing warehouse in Rockford, Illinois and it is easy for me to slip into the behavioral patterns of some of my coworkers. Pray that God would help me to be a light that shines in dark places.
Hi Aiden.
Well, the best, most important and effective way to seek God more fully is to read the bible regularly.
I had gotten stuck back about 16 years ago, and I began reading the bible, one chapter a day and praying for a few minutes each morning and evening-- aside from the normal prayers of my thoughts, etc....

I did the reading during breakfast.
It didn't seem effective at first, but within a few weeks, I began seeing some important changes in my life.

Don't overwhelm yourself.

Just keep at it.
And if you miss a day, just pick up where you left off.

You'll be blown away by how much God will do in your life by making this a daily habit.

Hark

Trust Jesus Christ as your personal Good Shepherd to lead you and guide you through the Holy Spirit in you to understand and apply His words as His disciples from the King James Bible.

Hark

Trust Jesus Christ to help you understand His words that there is no receiving the Holy Spirit by a sign for a believer to seek after for we had received the promise of the holy Spirit by faith in Jesus Christ when we had first believed & to beware those who teach otherwise.

1 Corinthians 1:9 God is faithful, by whom ye were called unto the fellowship of his Son Jesus Christ our Lord. 10 Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.

2 Thessalonians 2:13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth: 14 Whereunto he called you by our gospel, to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ. 15 Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle.

Galatians 3:14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.... 26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.

Hebrews 11:1Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. 2 For by it the elders obtained a good report.

John 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. 7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again. 8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit. 9 Nicodemus answered and said unto him, How can these things be?.... 13 And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven. 14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: 15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

Acts 10:43 To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins. 44 While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word.....

2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. 18 And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;

Matthew 9:17 Neither do men put new wine into old bottles: else the bottles break, and the wine runneth out, and the bottles perish: but they put new wine into new bottles, and both are preserved.

Ephesians 4:4 There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling; 5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism, 6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

1 Corinthians 12:13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Colossians 2:5 For though I be absent in the flesh, yet am I with you in the spirit, joying and beholding your order, and the stedfastness of your faith in Christ. 6 As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him: 7 Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving. 8 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ. 9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. 10 And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:

2 Corinthians 11:1Would to God ye could bear with me a little in my folly: and indeed bear with me. 2 For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ. 3 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ. 4 For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.

balshan

God will never forsake you. Just relax and allow him to work. I am often surprised when I say something to someone and I why did I say that. Later than person said I told them what they needed to hear. It often seemed to me a little thing but it was bigger to them. Know others are praying for you as well.

Hark

If you are doing any meditation, praying, and fasting in regards to the Holy Spirit, and you start to get spooky stuff, stop doing that because He is in you since the calling of the gospel as your body is now the Temple of the Holy Spirit so there is no receiving Him again; not even one more time.

Ask Jesus to deliver you from all that spooky stuff and He will. Rest in Him that you had been always filled since salvation when you first believed in Him at the calling of the gospel, and never go out to the market place again to seek to be filled les you be found not ready to go & left behind.

Hark

If anyone judged slain in the spirit, Pensacola Outpouring, Toronto's Blessings, Ernest Angeley's healing Crusade, and holy laughter movement are not of God, then ask yourself why they address the Holy Spirit in worship, but the devil responded where people lose self control & fall backwards?

Even that apostate calling of another baptism with the Holy Ghost with evidence of tongues had believers falling backwards in seeking it for why that is not coming with interpretation and thus assumed for private use because it is not God's gift of tongues but the pagan's supernatural tongue, gained for believing the lie that you can receive the Holy Spirit again apart from salvation after that sign of tongues.

Even one reported from India that he felt the Holy Spirit entering into him like liquid nitrogen when they were honoring the Holy Spirit that calendar day of Pentecost and he began confessing an apology ( against his will ) to the Holy Spirit for not believing He did those dramatic manifestation as He did in the early church days. I discern with Him that God would prefer a willing apology and a sincere confession and since the Holy Spirit would never draw attention to Himself in worship, but testify of the Son to glorify the Son, and He does that through us ( John 15:26-27 & John 16:14 ) then that also has to include worship and not just outward ministry.

Jesus warned that climbing up another way will lead believers astray in following a stranger's voice in John 10:1-5 so this broadening the way in the worship place by including the worship of the Holy Spirit with the father & the Son is a work of iniquity ( Matthew 7:13-27 ) for why many believers and churches are falling and so the solution is to strive ye to enter thru that straight gate ( Luke 13:24-30 ) to avoid being left behind. By only honoring the Son in worship in order to honor God the Father ( reread the OP for scriptures for why again ) is how one avoid that iniquity in worship.

Prove the Practice of Worshiping the Holy Spirit with the Father & the Son

Hark

You can read this book online here; The Early Years of the Tongues Movement

It is because they are not discerning the hype generated from these movements to sell the apostasy of believing the lie that they can receive the Holy Spirit again apart from salvation, to that which exposes it as not of Him at all by those phenomenon is why they should conclude by Jesus's own words that no evil tree can produce a good fruit & no good tree can produce an evil fruit. It's conclusion has to be, it is all bad and thus not of Him at all.