Be A Man!

Why doesn't God be a man and explain Himself?

Any and every moral position that I take, I am more than happy to explain!

Why can't God do the same?

Yeah, yeah, sure, I know, you've told me time and again - God isn't subject to the same requirements that we are...

What I want to know, though, is HOW and WHY it isn't cowardly of God to refuse to step up and do what even I, an infinitely weak and imperfect being, am willing to do?

Anyone??

Authentic Nouveau

Yeah, yeah, sure, I know, you've told me time and again - God isn't subject to the same requirements that we are...

What I want to know, though, is HOW and WHY it isn't cowardly of God to refuse to step up and do what even I, an infinitely weak and imperfect being, am willing to do?

Anyone??

What is it about "thou shalt not............" that you don't understand?

docphin5

Anyone??
He has done just that, probably not in the way that you would expect or like but in the way that he chooses. Suspend your disbelief for a moment and consider that the infinite primordial God manifests himself through his Son in us. So when anyone speaks the truth on a topic, or chooses the good, or enacts justice, or loves (agape) he/she is in effect manifesting the spirit of the invisible one. For the record, I am not talking about Elohim but El as "true God and Father", the one (El) who manifests the many (El-ohim).

Psalm 82:6
I said, “You are Elohim,
sons of the El, all of you;
nevertheless, like men you shall die,
and fall like any prince.”

Last edited:
He has done just that, probably not in the way that you would expect or like but in the way that he chooses. Suspend your disbelief for a moment and consider that the infinite primordial God manifests himself through his Son in us. So when anyone speaks the truth on a topic, or chooses the good, or enacts justice, or loves (agape) he/she is in effect manifesting the spirit of the invisible one.
Well, then, I guess my complaint is that He doesn't do so in the way that we, today, want and need

Such a very simple and easy thing to do for a god - and one that would eliminate so much doubt!
One that would achieve, in an instant, that which He claims to want!
Why doesn't He?

docphin5

Well, then, I guess my complaint is that He doesn't do so in the way that we, today, want and need

Such a very simple and easy thing to do for a god - and one that would eliminate so much doubt!
One that would achieve, in an instant, that which He claims to want!
Why doesn't He?
I am not clear what "way" that you would "want and need" him to but I also wish that he would do more sometimes. Maybe he does more than we think or could possibly know and we will not appreciate it all until we have the cognitive ability to process it all, theoretically, in a more powerful, new body. But I think you and I (and countless others) would like him to do more in our lives.

Last edited:

SteveB

He did become a man.
His name is Jesus.
Or did you miss that memo?
As for explaining why he did what he did, from my reading, he went a step further.

He died and rose again from the dead to save you from an eternity of abject misery and agony because of your own sin.

God has not only provided, and explained his moral position, he's documented it for us to have throughout eternity.
For you to make the statement you have here shows me that you either never actually read what he said, or have an exceedingly short attention span.

Anyone??
You should take a closer look at Jesus.

Anyone??

Too bad the Gideons don't still leave Bibles in motel room drawers, or you could check into one and read the answer to your ignorant question yourself.

Anyone??
Too bad the Gideons don't still leave Bibles in motel room drawers, or you could check into one and read the answer to your ignorant question yourself.

e v e

Anyone??
He does but modern christianity will not listen.