Be A Man!

Ignatius

Oh boy, I know this is going to upset you, but I'm going to have to ask you for some clarification here!

You just told me, less than 10 minutes ago, in post #56, that:

"God doesn't WANT anything from you"

And now you are telling me that:

"He may" want me to come to Him and spend eternity in His Kingdom

Which is it?????

And by the way, I am NOT asking that God jump through hoops and perform like a monkey
I am simply asking for Him to explain how and why He is not immoral even though He does immoral things like drowning babies?
This is not too much to ask of a god who can provide the answer{s} with greater speed and ease than I can blink my eyes
Especially when you consider that He is asking for my love and devotion!

And, once again:
You said that God HAS explained Himself!
What explanation has God offered for having chosen to drown innocent babies?????
What I mean is I don't speak for God. To say he "wants" something from us is to suggest he "needs" something from us. He doesn't. You reject God. That's it's. There isnt much to clarify but don't pretend it's because God has sufficiently proven himself to you. Take responsibility for your choice.

treeplanter

What I mean is I don't speak for God. To say he "wants" something from us is to suggest he "needs" something from us. He doesn't. You reject God. That's it's. There isnt much to clarify but don't pretend it's because God has sufficiently proven himself to you. Take responsibility for your choice.
So what you are saying is that God DOESN'T want each of us to come to Him and spend eternity in His Kingdom?

Matthew 22:36-37 is, what, a lie?

I take full responsibility for myself
I reject God
The reason I reject God is because He is immoral
If He expects my devotion then He is going to have to prove to me that He is not immoral despite doing that which I know to be immoral

What explanation has God offered for having chosen to drown innocent babies?????

Were you lying to me when you said that God has already explained Himself?
If not, then why don't you just tell me what the explanation is?

Ignatius

So what you are saying is that God DOESN'T want each of us to come to Him and spend eternity in His Kingdom?

Matthew 22:36-37 is, what, a lie?

I take full responsibility for myself
I reject God
The reason I reject God is because He is immoral
If He expects my devotion then He is going to have to prove to me that He is not immoral despite doing that which I know to be immoral

Were you lying to me when you said that God has already explained Himself?
If not, then why don't you just tell me what the explanation is?
You rejected God. Own it. Don't play pretend and try to convince is he didn't explain himself well enough. Man up.

ferengi

That poster has been saying God drowned innocent babies but the poster pretends he is trying to "understand". LMBO
LOL- yes she says god is immoral yet cannot present evidence god is immoral and then votes for the mass infanticide of abortion.

treeplanter

You rejected God. Own it. Don't play pretend and try to convince is he didn't explain himself well enough. Man up.
I fully own it!

I reject God and I have told you exactly why I reject God
I reject God because He is an immoral thug

I have also told you exactly what needs to happen in order for me to change my mind about God
He needs to make it known to me that He is not actually immoral despite doing those things that I know to be immoral
{like drowning babies}

You claimed that God already HAS provided this explanation!

And, yet, when I have asked you multiple times to present this explanation, you have ignored my request
Why don't you man up and own your claim, Iggy?

PS
Clarify this for me:

Does God want us to love Him?
YES
or
NO?

Jesus told us in Matthew 22:36-37 that the greatest commandment is to love God
If Jesus was telling us the truth, then God clearly DOES want our love

You, however, told me that
"To say he "wants" something from us is to suggest he "needs" something from us. He doesn't."

Which is it?
Man up, Iggy!

Ignatius

I fully own it!

I reject God and I have told you exactly why I reject God
I reject God because He is an immoral thug

I have also told you exactly what needs to happen in order for me to change my mind about God
He needs to make it known to me that He is not actually immoral despite doing those things that I know to be immoral
{like drowning babies}

You claimed that God already HAS provided this explanation!

And, yet, when I have asked you multiple times to present this explanation, you have ignored my request
Why don't you man up and own your claim, Iggy?

PS
Clarify this for me:

YES
or
NO?

"To say he "wants" something from us is to suggest he "needs" something from us. He doesn't."

Which is it?
Man up, Iggy!
Then stop pretending you give a crap. It makes you look even more silly. You will pay the price of your choices just like me.

ferengi

Then stop pretending you give a crap. It makes you look even more silly. You will pay the price of your choices just like me.
Ask tp this - she claims "I reject God because He is an immoral thug" - ask her according to what objective standard?
She is to much a coward to meet me in debate - she has me on ignore but this question destroys ALL atheists and atheism.

treeplanter

That poster has been saying God drowned innocent babies but the poster pretends he is trying to "understand". LMBO
According to scripture, God DID drown babies
Drowning babies is immoral
Therefore, God is immoral

You claim that God is moral despite having drowned babies
Explain this to me?

You claim that God, Himself, has provided the explanation for how and why He remains moral despite having drowned babies
What is this explanation from God?

treeplanter

Excuse me for caring about morality and taking offense when a supposedly perfect God behaves in an immoral fashion!

YES
or
NO?

Which is it?????

If you don't tell me then I am going to start a new thread about the Christian poster who contradicts the 1st and greatest commandment as given by Jesus Christ, Himself and you will look like a fool

treeplanter

is killing babies in the womb immoral?
If it is, in every respect, the life of a fully fledged human being that is terminated in the womb - then, yes, it absolutely is immoral

The problem is that I do not know at what point human life begins
Nor do you, truth be told

We know for certain that human life begins at some point between conception and birth, but we don't know at what point

Do I have a moral problem with aborting the gob of goo that forms and then exists for some time after following the union of sperm and egg?

No

Do I have a moral problem with aborting a fully formed baby that is close to being born?

Yes

I answered your question, now you answer mine!
Is drowning babies in a flood immoral?

Ignatius

According to scripture, God DID drown babies
Drowning babies is immoral
Therefore, God is immoral

You claim that God is moral despite having drowned babies
Explain this to me?

You claim that God, Himself, has provided the explanation for how and why He remains moral despite having drowned babies
What is this explanation from God?
Again you think you are owed an explanation. I have told you a thousand times you aren't but you can't seem to grasp that concept but I'm suppose to believe you could grasp an explanation form God? Now you're just being ridiculous

Ignatius

Excuse me for caring about morality and taking offense when a supposedly perfect God behaves in an immoral fashion!

YES
or
NO?

Which is it?????

If you don't tell me then I am going to start a new thread about the Christian poster who contradicts the 1st and greatest commandment as given by Jesus Christ, Himself and you will look like a fool
You don't care about morality. Stop it.

treeplanter

Again you think you are owed an explanation. I have told you a thousand times you aren't but you can't seem to grasp that concept but I'm suppose to believe you could grasp an explanation form God? Now you're just being ridiculous
This is what we call discussion, Iggy

If you're not interested in discussion, then why are you here?
If you are interested in discussion, then you need to realize that we DO owe it to one another to provide explanations for our claims

treeplanter

You don't care about morality. Stop it.
I care very deeply about morality and I am deeply offended by the immorality of God because He, of all people, should know better!

In fact, I think it fair to say that I care more about God than you do, Ignatius

I certainly hold Him to a higher standard than do you and, seems to me, that we don't generally expect much of those that we don't much care for - so.....

PS
I will be starting a new thread shortly
And don't worry, I will be sure to give you the credit