Be quiet - the parents don't have to know

It would be, you cant see what you are supposed to be looking for

I mean, is there ANY doubt that if he finds those studies, that he'll either say they're from a "nutty" source, or that they're "outdated" or that they're "bad" or "flawed" studies? Is there ANY doubt that he'll just blow them off as irrelevant?

I mean, is there ANY doubt that if he finds those studies, that he'll either say they're from a "nutty" source, or that they're "outdated" or that they're "bad" or "flawed" studies? Is there ANY doubt that he'll just blow them off as irrelevant?
no doubt at all.

The Nettie Project was set up in response to rogue non-consensus science report. To show how marginalised it was.
We have seen how Mermaids even admit in court how devoid of medical or scientific expertise they are, yet they are allowed to continue to influence children let alone adults. Institutions have been captured

Not sure exactly what you're saying here but it looks like you're saying that it's easier for me to find that information than it is for you to find it.

Which may be true, I suppose.

I just googled “percentage trans kids detransition”

Top answer:

Rates of detransition were higher in transgender women (11%) than transgender men (4%). The most common reasons cited were pressure from a parent (36%), transitioning was too hard (33%), too much harassment or discrimination (31%), and trouble getting a job (29%).Jun 9, 2022

This is from The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism

What's "right" is that there's a broad range of how boys "are" and the Bible (the rule of thumb for Christians) doesn't really tell us how boys "ought" to be. (same with girls of course)

To say that boys "ought" to be leaders and "ought" to be adventurous and "ought" to be good at fixing things and "ought" to be tough, etc., is to impose a view of masculinity that (a) leaves out a lot of actual boys, and (b) isn't really taught in Scripture.
So you are saying the scriptures don't give you direction, but other views are wrong anyway.

I don't pretend to know, I am just curious why you are so confident they are wrong.

Top answer:

Rates of detransition were higher in transgender women (11%) than transgender men (4%). The most common reasons cited were pressure from a parent (36%), transitioning was too hard (33%), too much harassment or discrimination (31%), and trouble getting a job (29%).Jun 9, 2022

Yes we know, its a growing rate as people realise the lie they have been duped by.

Most respondents described their detransition as a very isolating experience in which they did not receive adequate psychological or medical support. Many lost support and friendships from the LGBT community and some experienced hostility after announcing their decision to detransition. This study has the major limitation of selection bias.

So you are saying the scriptures don't give you direction, but other views are wrong anyway.

I don't pretend to know, I am just curious why you are so confident they are wrong.

They are wrong because the empirical evidence of hundreds of millions of boys and girls, and men and women, show us that there is a huge range of what boys and girls, and men and women, are like. To suggest that you are not a “real” boy unless you fit a certain stereotype goes against empirical evidence and is nonsense.

I recall you posting those studies. If I recall correctly, many of them were older and smaller case studies, and a couple, at least, were about gay/lesbian stats and had nothing to do with trans gender issues. You did present one large study that supported your numbers, but that was the only one I recall that did so.

I just found one in a book of abstracts from a 2019 conference.

The study showed an extremely low rate.

Of the 3398 patients who had appointments during this period, 16 (0.47%) expressed transition-related regret or detransitioned. Of these 16, one patient expressed regret but was not considering detransitioning, two had expressed regret and were considering detransitioning, three had detransitioned, and ten had detransitioned temporarily. The reasons stated by patients for their regret or detransition included: social factors, reporting physical complications, and changing their mind about their gender identity and identifying as their gender assigned at birth. The 16 patients consisted of 11 trans women, two trans men, two cis men, and one person assigned male at birth who said their gender identity was “trans”.
Study findings are consistent with previous research showing low rates of detransition.
I don't believe either study is fudging their numbers. I'm going to guess that the wild discrepancy may be due to the parameters used to qualify as detransitioning.

Edit to add: Every abstract from the conference is there. There are a number of interesting titles I'm going to check out.

Top answer:

What you cited talks about people who have already transitioned. I am well aware that if a person has transitioned they are not very likely to detransition. The 94% includes everybody who identifies as trans as a teen. The vast majority of people who identify as trans as a teenager do not undergo transition. The vast majority of those people eventually desist. That’s what we were talking about here.

Desisting is not the same thing as detransitioning. Please don’t make the mistake of thinking that I am talking about detransitioning. I am only talking about desisting. Very different thing.

I recall you posting those studies. If I recall correctly, many of them were older and smaller case studies, and a couple, at least, were about gay/lesbian stats and had nothing to do with trans gender issues. You did present one large study that supported your numbers, but that was the only one I recall that did so.

I just found one in a book of abstracts from a 2019 conference.

The study showed an extremely low rate.

I don't believe either study is fudging their numbers. I'm going to guess that the wild discrepancy may be due to the parameters used to qualify as detransitioning.

Edit to add: Every abstract from the conference is there. There are a number of interesting titles I'm going to check out.
how does that help when gender identity is a lie? We know the number of children who had lasting dysphoria was 6-11% and we can see the result of the grooming of the lie where 98% continue. We are now seeing the rate of desisting increasing and medical professionals, institutions and country states rejecting the lie. One of the links I gave is recent and shows how the level of hatred directed at desisters is the same being displayed by the violent transactivists at women's events

What you cited talks about people who have already transitioned. I am well aware that if a person has transitioned they are not very likely to detransition. The 94% includes everybody who identifies as trans as a teen. The vast majority of people who identify as trans as a teenager do not undergo transition. The vast majority of those people eventually desist. That’s what we were talking about here.

Oh, well then who cares?

Someone thought about it and changed their mind, maybe wore a dress on Halloween.

Hardly anyone that feels strongly enough about it to transition will change their mind.

Because young girls come home and report to their parents how they've been raped in the bathrooms. When their parents go to school board meetings to complain, they are attacked by mobs of police officers beaten and ejected from the school board meetings. Now that may not be a problem for you but here in the United States we consider that to be a problem.
Really? Is this true, or an urban myth, just another lie swallowed whole by those ready to be outraged at anything?
Yes, really. This is all true. I live in a state where parents in several counties have been prevented from voicing their views at public forums, or have been arrested for doing so in protest. Several school administrators and the county administrators have been fired for permitting conditions that foster sexual abuse, and then not reporting the abuses (which in two occasions included the rape of women in school bathrooms and classrooms by a male reporting to be transgender). Nothing Thistle posted is an urban myth and you need to get your head out of the hole and start looking at other sources that caused your head to be there in the first place.

w.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11512735/Father-girl-raped-trans-friendly-toilet-slams-grand-jury-not-finding-school-responsible.html
w.nytimes.com/2021/10/28/opinion/loudoun-county-trans.html
w.foxnews.com/media/virginia-parents-sound-politicization-schools-attack-family-church
w.nea.org/advocating-for-change/new-from-nea/who-behind-attacks-educators-and-public-schools
w.wusa9.com/article/news/hold-dcps-sexual-assault-cases/65-28935b97-af0a-406b-b1bc-c66011d09ac1
//wset.com/news/local/scott-smith-father-loudoun-county-public-schools-student-assaulted-stone-bridge-high-bathroom-board-meeting-arrest-case-title-ix-virginia

I have personally been to some of these county supervisors' board and school board meetings. They are not generally aggressive but in almost all of them those running the meeting are 1) surprised at the crowds, and 2) seek to limit both the number of speakers and their content by changing previously established rules. That list above is from mostly liberal sources trying to reframe what actually happened. Even when uncritically accepting the liberal news reports' report, if you read between the lines the problems exist. The right sees them one way and the left another but the one objectively verifiable fact is these problems exist. If you follow the story lines, the fact the male student claimed to be transgender (but probably wasn't), the crimes were not reported correctly, school employees were fired for their own wrongdoing, etc. can all be verified. Took me a few seconds to sample those articles. No excuse for not checking before posting.

Not urban myths.

Really dumb thing to post.

Reactions: BMS
Yes, really. This is all true. I live in a state where parents in several counties have been prevented from voicing their views at public forums, or have been arrested for doing so in protest. Several school administrators and the county administrators have been fired for permitting conditions that foster sexual abuse, and then not reporting the abuses (which in two occasions included the rape of women in school bathrooms and classrooms by a male reporting to be transgender). Nothing Thistle posted is an urban myth and you need to get your head out of the hole and start looking at other sources that caused your head to be there in the first place.

w.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11512735/Father-girl-raped-trans-friendly-toilet-slams-grand-jury-not-finding-school-responsible.html
w.nytimes.com/2021/10/28/opinion/loudoun-county-trans.html
w.foxnews.com/media/virginia-parents-sound-politicization-schools-attack-family-church
w.nea.org/advocating-for-change/new-from-nea/who-behind-attacks-educators-and-public-schools
w.wusa9.com/article/news/hold-dcps-sexual-assault-cases/65-28935b97-af0a-406b-b1bc-c66011d09ac1
//wset.com/news/local/scott-smith-father-loudoun-county-public-schools-student-assaulted-stone-bridge-high-bathroom-board-meeting-arrest-case-title-ix-virginia

I have personally been to some of these county supervisors' board and school board meetings. They are not generally aggressive but in almost all of them those running the meeting are 1) surprised at the crowds, and 2) seek to limit both the number of speakers and their content by changing previously established rules. That list above is from mostly liberal sources trying to reframe what actually happened. Even when uncritically accepting the liberal news reports' report, if you read between the lines the problems exist. The right sees them one way and the left another but the one objectively verifiable fact is these problems exist. If you follow the story lines, the fact the male student claimed to be transgender (but probably wasn't), the crimes were not reported correctly, school employees were fired for their own wrongdoing, etc. can all be verified. Took me a few seconds to sample those articles. No excuse for not checking before posting.

Not urban myths.

Really dumb thing to post.
Thanks @Josheb for having more patience in your response than I did.

The vast majority of children are not abused by anyone. Of those few that are abused, the most common form of abuse is neglect. The second most common is the psychological damage caused by being in an abusive or controlling domestic setting where violence is used or threatened by one parent against the other and/or towards self or siblings. Both these forms of abuse are invariably committed by parents or foster parents. These offences will be happening, right now, in your home town. Denial that it happens condemns the victims to continued abuse. Also since a high proportion of abusive parents were themselves abused as children, it risks future generations of victims.

Children should be taken into care only when there's evidence of serious abuse in the home. This is rare, but not exceptional. Crime surveys in the UK indicate that one in five adults experienced some form of abuse as a child. One in a hundred suffered physical neglect. There are roughly 50,000 children in England and Wales subject to a local authority care order, that's where parents are not caring for their children adequately. That's evidence, not of interference by authority who would much rather spend their money on other things, but of inadequate or abusive parenting. I expect that if you looked, you would find that the figures in the US were proportionately similar. The key word is evidence. Authorities have to justify interference in the home to courts.

You know very well what I mean by owning. The child is not the vassal of the parent, subject to abuse and punishment that would be illegal for another person to administer. The best place for a child to be brought up is in a caring home
The worst place is trapped in an abusive one. Don't kid yourself that they don't exist.
Added in edit:
At least 1 in 7 children have experienced child abuse or neglect in the past year in the United States. This is likely an underestimate because many cases are unreported. In 2020, 1,750 children died of abuse and neglect in the United States.
This response is just an absurd muddle. Now all of a sudden we're talking about one child out of 50,000, and you're mixing up statistics having to do with all child abuse with parental child abuse. It's just an absurd response.

Oh, well then who cares?

Someone thought about it and changed their mind, maybe wore a dress on Halloween.

Hardly anyone that feels strongly enough about it to transition will change their mind.

Who cares? I mean, if you let teens just be, they're almost certain to grow out of their trans identity. If you actually go through the process of transitioning them, then they're much more likely to stay transitioned than detransition. And in the process, you've mutilated their bodies (if they go through with surgery) and messed up their body's hormones (via puberty blockers), and you've essentially done irreversible damage to them and basically consigned them to a life that comes with a 40+% rate of attempted suicide, with virtually no way out.

Once they're adults, yes by all means, do whatever you please. But to do that to CHILDREN? It's unconscionable.

This is a very good (long but brilliant) coverage.

Gives info on the paedophile influence, safeguarding, drag and grooming and key being the people who have bought into this are not going to give it up without a fight, they are sold out already

This response is just an absurd muddle. Now all of a sudden we're talking about one child out of 50,000, and you're mixing up statistics having to do with all child abuse with parental child abuse. It's just an absurd response.
Most child abuse occurs in the home. All neglect, the most common form of abuse, occurs in the home. All psychological and physical damage from domestic abuse occurs in the home. Most sexual abuse of children occurs in the home. Some homes are not safe. Sure, some churches or scout huts or gym clubs are not safe either, but closing your mind to domestic child abuse is denial of a particularly damaging kind. It is not an exceptionally rare event. It's an order of magnitude more common than mass shootings, of which there have only been 39 this year so far in the US. It takes a particularly twisted and depraved person, who when told of children being taken from abusive parents to a place of safety, sees the parents as the victims.

Back