Be quiet - the parents don't have to know

I don't know for sure. I just know that the vast majority of medical decisions are not allowed to be made by a minor without parental consent. I don't know about a life-saving situation like you describe.
I know that here, irrespective of the age of the child, a doctor can override parents wishes if a court agrees that it is in the child's interest. That includes allowing a child to die with dignity rather than prolonging hopeless treatment. It's a difficult area, but I think the principle that the long term interest of the child should come first, irrespective of what the parents, or indeed the child, wants. And sadly, every case is different, so any legal guidance will be tricky. In the case of the OP, the child's neurological differences will be bound to be a factor, so this cannot really set a precedent for future cases.

Because young girls come home and report to their parents how they've been raped in the bathrooms. When their parents go to school board meetings to complain, they are attacked by mobs of police officers beaten and ejected from the school board meetings. Now that may not be a problem for you but here in the United States we consider that to be a problem.
It's almost as if they don't know what goes on here, even after years of arguing about it.

The school should have recognized autism as a factor in decision making.
And neither you nor I can say it was not recognized in their decision. Did the story even hint that it was ignored?
Instead, they followed a misinformed (even twisted) point of view that they treated the situation equivalent to a government covert and classified action.
You're assuming quite a lot here. Are you aware what the school board's policy is on duty to inform?
Indeed we can agree here. Governmental overreach is usually messy.

_____
Here's another story, from last July. The case is still ongoing, as far as I know.

And neither you nor I can say it was not recognized in their decision. Did the story even hint that it was ignored?

I'm thinking that my anger is spilling out here. (apology)

You're assuming quite a lot here. Are you aware what the school board's policy is on duty to inform?

...same response as above

Here's another story, from last July. The case is still ongoing, as far as I know.

"The principal stated the district’s policy requires school staff to keep such matters secret from parents if the child wants them kept secret, according to the lawsuit. Even if the staffers agree to use the child’s biological gender identity when speaking with the mother, they would be obligated to lie and not tell the mother if the child wished to be identified as something else, according to the lawsuit."

Very interesting. Thanks for adding this to our discussion.

____🔦

Reactions: BMS
No, I wouldn't. If anything, I would redesign bathrooms to be unisex , and cubicle doors to fit.
That would only work in a new building...schools already have the bathrooms.

Perhaps the real answer is to stop the demonic curriculum and grooming we see in our schools.

I claim NOT to be informed of everything that happens in the US. That's the purpose of asking questions, to become better informed.
Your "questions" seem to be leading questions suggesting the conclusion that someone is better situated to look after the interests of the child than the parent. What parents are finding in Loudoun County Virginia and elsewhere throughout the United States is that when there is a decision to be made about the welfare of their child or the political agenda driven by the teachers unions, it is the welfare of the child that is placed on the altar.

So if that means that we lied to all of the parents at a school board meeting by saying that we're unaware of any rapes taking place and bathrooms by transgender assailants, against their daughters, well that's just going to have to be the way it is or the agenda is compromised. If it means we're going to have to sic the Loudoun County police on a father Who beat him severely and arrest him because he is screwing up our narrative by telling the truth about his daughters assailant at the meeting, well that's just going to have to be the way it is. So to the point, no, no one is better positioned to look out for the interests of a child than their parents.

That would only work in a new building...schools already have the bathrooms.

Perhaps the real answer is to stop the demonic curriculum and grooming we see in our schools.
Or to stop lying about what happens in schools and stop being outraged over myths. Next you will be wanting to close school libraries and forbid teachers from teaching history.

I'm thinking that my anger is spilling out here. (apology)

...same response as above

"The principal stated the district’s policy requires school staff to keep such matters secret from parents if the child wants them kept secret, according to the lawsuit. Even if the staffers agree to use the child’s biological gender identity when speaking with the mother, they would be obligated to lie and not tell the mother if the child wished to be identified as something else, according to the lawsuit."

Very interesting. Thanks for adding this to our discussion.

____🔦
It's a tricky subject. Duty to inform and duty to disclose (to authorities) are two of the grayest areas a teacher has to deal with.

Or to stop lying about what happens in schools and stop being outraged over myths. Next you will be wanting to close school libraries and forbid teachers from teaching history.
There have been a couple of noted cases involving trans gender students raping another student. While rare, it unfortunately does occur. For my part, I feel it speaks more to whatever makes rape far too common in the US than to the trans gender issue.

I know that here, irrespective of the age of the child, a doctor can override parents wishes if a court agrees that it is in the child's interest. That includes allowing a child to die with dignity rather than prolonging hopeless treatment. It's a difficult area, but I think the principle that the long term interest of the child should come first, irrespective of what the parents, or indeed the child, wants. And sadly, every case is different, so any legal guidance will be tricky. In the case of the OP, the child's neurological differences will be bound to be a factor, so this cannot really set a precedent for future cases.

I'd like to think that if a child came into the emergency room bleeding to death and they couldn't locate the parents, they'd do what they could to save the child's life and worry about what the parents think later.

But the cases of abortion or transitioning are nothing like that at all.

The medical professionals decide, not you. NHS Tavistock has been shut down because of views and attitudes like yours, which are child abuse.

Evidence presented to you is not lies. Gender identity is a lie. Telling children lies is not right.
Teachers need to denounce the gender identity lie.

There have been a couple of noted cases involving trans gender students raping another student. While rare, it unfortunately does occur. For my part, I feel it speaks more to whatever makes rape far too common in the US than to the trans gender issue.
Depends what age. There can be no such thing as a trasngender student. If the student is pre puberty or going through puberty, all the studies showed that 79-94% will no longer have dysphoria with their sex.

Not lying. The evidence has been presented.
Gender identity is a child abusing lie.

Your "questions" seem to be leading questions suggesting the conclusion that someone is better situated to look after the interests of the child than the parent. What parents are finding in Loudoun County Virginia and elsewhere throughout the United States is that when there is a decision to be made about the welfare of their child or the political agenda driven by the teachers unions, it is the welfare of the child that is placed on the altar.

So if that means that we lied to all of the parents at a school board meeting by saying that we're unaware of any rapes taking place and bathrooms by transgender assailants, against their daughters, well that's just going to have to be the way it is or the agenda is compromised. If it means we're going to have to sic the Loudoun County police on a father Who beat him severely and arrest him because he is screwing up our narrative by telling the truth about his daughters assailant at the meeting, well that's just going to have to be the way it is. So to the point, no, no one is better positioned to look out for the interests of a child than their parents.
I'm afraid you cannot generalise like that. I have personally known parents who have abused their children, even tried to kill them. I have sat on case conferences where children were taken away from parents to keep them safe. Sure, in an ideal world, the best people to advise and look after a child is their parent. Sadly, the world is not ideal. The interest of child and parent do not always coincide. Parents are guardians, not owners of their children. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Back