Be quiet - the parents don't have to know

As I sit here I wonder exactly what I'm complicit in again?

That some evangelicals wrote books?

I'm not understanding. I don't mind being blamed if I understand it.

I'm generalizing about the way that too often the evangelical Christian community teaches what boys and girls "ought" to be like. I've never done that so I don't personally want to take the blame here. But it happens a lot in evangelical circles.

I honestly don't know much about "grooming". What you say here surprises me, as I thought it was about schools, not medical professionals. So I can't really speak to it, unfortunately.
There are one or two posters here who scream "grooming" at the slightest mention of trans issues, while bringing trans issues into every debate on every subject. I have the worst offender on ignore, but I'm sure you know who I mean.

There are one or two posters here who scream "grooming" at the slightest mention of trans issues, while bringing trans issues into every debate on every subject. I have the worst offender on ignore, but I'm sure you know who I mean.

Ah, I understand. Sorry I can't be more help on that topic.

I'm generalizing about the way that too often the evangelical Christian community teaches what boys and girls "ought" to be like. I've never done that so I don't personally want to take the blame here. But it happens a lot in evangelical circles.
Sigh. And they are wrong in the oughts how?

Sigh. And they are wrong in the oughts how?

Did you read my post referencing Eldredge? His view is very common in the evangelical community. And it's wrong. I mean, boys may tend more towards his image of masculinity than girls do, but that doesn't mean that all boys are like that or even "ought" to be like that.

Did you read my post referencing Eldredge? His view is very common in the evangelical community. And it's wrong. I mean, boys may tend more towards his image of masculinity than girls do, but that doesn't mean that all boys are like that or even "ought" to be like that.
Do you have more than "it's wrong"?

Who is right?

Do you have more than "it's wrong"?

Who is right?

What's "right" is that there's a broad range of how boys "are" and the Bible (the rule of thumb for Christians) doesn't really tell us how boys "ought" to be. (same with girls of course)

To say that boys "ought" to be leaders and "ought" to be adventurous and "ought" to be good at fixing things and "ought" to be tough, etc., is to impose a view of masculinity that (a) leaves out a lot of actual boys, and (b) isn't really taught in Scripture.

It helps me understand your point of view. It doesn't help deal with the accusation of grooming, which specifically relates to indoctrination of a child in order to enable sexual assault.
Depends what the definition is. The first definition I googled was "the practice of preparing or training someone for a particular purpose or activity."
Gender identity ideology falls into this category. of course you would disagree because you dont mind the lie.

Such an accusation leveled at professionals in medicine and teaching is not just dangerous lunacy but undermines the safety of both the professionals themselves and the vulnerable people in their care.
Well it would if it was levelled at professionals, but professionals were credited, it was aimed at transactivists and gender ideologues like yourself.

It is this term of grooming that I take issue with.
bad luck. the practice of preparing or training children to think they are the opposite sex when for the majority they dont have what the medical profession refer to as dysphoria or incongruence with their sex, is grooming
The differing attitudes to trans issues are not a problem
It is a problem because gender ideology is a lie, its not science, medicine or evidence based. Lies ARE a problem.
without the visceral hatred whipped up by the burning martyrs of the right.
visceral hatred of the lie of gender identity is very much in order as its a child abuse issue. You have been presented with the evidence and all you do is waffle and posture contrary to the evidence.

This is not a culture war,
Of course its a culture war, it is splitting society, not least the UK. If you didnt think it was you could abandon your position in the interest of the majority and the evidence
or an attempt to desexualise or emasculate society.
Of course it is, you keep saying gender isnt the same as sex yet here again you refer to desexualising. You dont know what you are talking about chap. The existence of two immutable sexes proves what you claim is false.

Trans people have always existed, and always will.
Trans people have never existed, people with gender dysphoria almost certainly have but history never mentions the 'trans people' you are imagining. 'Trans people' cant be quantified or observed, there is no medical or scientific evidence for it except what some people claim
The issue isn't their existence, or how they become trans, it is about how to treat them, not just medically, but as fully functioning members of society.
No such thing as I have just said. People may have or develop an incongruence with their sex but they cant be quantified with evidence based criteria. You are just pissing against the wind, And as for many of them, they arent fully functioning because your mentally deranged hatred has made them infertile.

Declaring that they and their situation do not actually exist, and labelling those who care for and support them as child abusers and paedophile groomers is not just inaccurate
We weren't referring to them, we were referring to you and your ideology.

it is uncivilised.
bit like the killing of babies in abortion then
It also doesn't do much to lessen the suicide rate of trans people in your society that you keep talking about.
So it is a mental health issue. The NHS and medical professionals can help with it and any other mental health issues providing activists like yourself keep out the way. Besides the only people talking about suicide and people like you putting the idea in their heads and telling them the lies and that they are victims
If we can keep the debate at a civilised level,
there is no debate, you are just waffling on with your baseless opinions.
I absolutely acknowledge you personally do,
The evidence has been presented to you. Tough
then there is hope of resolving what is a tiny minority problem without demonising the entire teaching and medical system.
your ideas are demonic and child abusing.

You are pissing against the wind. you dont accept the evidence, you dont debate the points, its just baseless waffle

You know backup is wrong about what he said in his post, right? There's been MULTIPLE studies - which I've cited in this forum in the past month - done by different people on different populations and the story is still the same across the board.

American Academy of Pediatrics
JULY 13 2022

Gender Identity 5 Years After Social Transition

Kristina R. Olson, PhD; Lily Durwood, PhD; Rachel Horton, BS; Natalie M. Gallagher, PhD; Aaron Devor, PhD

RESULTS
We found that an average of 5 years after their initial social transition, 7.3% of youth had retransitioned at least once. At the end of this period, most youth identified as binary transgender youth (94%),

CONCLUSIONS
These results suggest that retransitions are infrequent. More commonly, transgender youth who socially transitioned at early ages continued to identify that way. Nonetheless, understanding retransitions is crucial for clinicians and families to help make retransitions as smooth as possible for youth.

OMG backup, you DO pay attention to my posts! LOL amazing.

Are you aware that there's numerous (not just one) study showing that a very high percentage of people that identify as trans as teens desist later in life?

Reactions: BMS
JULY 13 2022

Kristina R. Olson, PhD; Lily Durwood, PhD; Rachel Horton, BS; Natalie M. Gallagher, PhD; Aaron Devor, PhD

RESULTS
We found that an average of 5 years after their initial social transition, 7.3% of youth had retransitioned at least once. At the end of this period, most youth identified as binary transgender youth (94%),

CONCLUSIONS
These results suggest that retransitions are infrequent. More commonly, transgender youth who socially transitioned at early ages continued to identify that way. Nonetheless, understanding retransitions is crucial for clinicians and families to help make retransitions as smooth as possible for youth.
Cant transistion..biological sex is.immutable.. its a lie..
As I pointed out, once grromed children keep with the indoctrination. The line 'help make transitions as smooth as possible' showd this is grooming.
'Binary transgender youth' nonsense

JULY 13 2022

RESULTS

CONCLUSIONS
Thanks for.providing the evidence of child abuse grooming.

The definition of grooming has been given. There are three posters here who deny child abuse, and one of them is you.
There are posters here who cant post on a thread without mentioning Trump.... so we are aware of your woke.gender identity silencing tactics.

OMG backup, you DO pay attention to my posts! LOL amazing.

Are you aware that there's numerous (not just one) study showing that a very high percentage of people that identify as trans as teens desist later in life?

Yes. I’m aware of that. I cited the Lancet and the American Academy of Pediatrics from within the past few months.

You are claiming to have better sources that claim the opposite?

Yes. I’m aware of that. I cited the Lancet and the American Academy of Pediatrics from within the past few months.

I posted a couple of weeks ago numerous studies that all came to the same conclusion - all done by different people, with different populations. They all said that upwards of 90+ percent of teens who identified as trans desisted later in life.

Reactions: BMS
JULY 13 2022

RESULTS

CONCLUSIONS
All the studies showed 79-94% of children showing dysphoria no longer did so by the enf of puberty.. about 50-70 children referred to the NHS.. now since the child abusing gender idenity ideology we have thousands of children following the lie, mostly with autism.and many with same sex attraction. ..its grooming and medical mutilation on a scale not seen for years

Smash the trans lie

Yes...NHS, Sweden,.France, Nettie Project, SEGM....already told you why you are deceived. These stats you privide show the extent of the grooming. Already told you nearly 100% of children groomed carry on with the lie, all you have done is provide stats of 98%

I posted a couple of weeks ago numerous studies that all came to the same conclusion - all done by different people, with different populations. They all said that upwards of 90+ percent of teens who identified as trans desisted later in life.

Seems it wine a lot easier for you to find than me.

Seems it wine a lot easier for you to find than me.

Not sure exactly what you're saying here but it looks like you're saying that it's easier for me to find that information than it is for you to find it.

Which may be true, I suppose.

Back