Be quiet - the parents don't have to know

How can you say with a straight face that I’m as woke as anyone when I’ve been arguing with people that transgenderism and gender dysphoria is a mental disorder and that it’s nuts?

So again you really don’t have any biblical argument supporting what you say. Which kinda proves my point.
Your "arguments" are supported by nothing and you've provided nothing. You haven't proved any "point."

Your "arguments" are supported by nothing and you've provided nothing. You haven't proved any "point."

The argument I've been making is:

(1) What some evangelicals (and I've used Eldredge as an example) claim is how boys "ought" to be (and conversely, how girls "ought" to be) is not borne out in Scripture. In the Bible there's no teachings on how boys and girls "ought" to be. So when Eldredge says that boys and men "ought" to be outdoors-sportsmen, ought to be able to "fix" things, ought to be "tough", ought to be "manly" (whatever that means), he's not getting that from Scripture but from some other pseudo-Christianized Western image he has (or, as he even talks about in his book, inferences drawn from his own personal experience...which hardly seem like they "ought" to apply to everyone else).

I'm right about (1). If you think I'm wrong, show me from Scripture where I'm wrong.

(2) There are "normative" behaviors for boys and girls, insofar as there are, within any population, statistical norms. Just like it's "normative" for people to be right-handed (9 out of 10 people in fact are right handed), but there are always some outliers (1 in 10 people are in fact LEFT handed). But that doesn't mean that the outliers aren't "legitimate". So most boys will prefer playing with trucks over dolls when they're little, but that doesn't mean that the boys that prefer dolls aren't "real boys". They're just not typical; they're statistical outliers.

I'm right about (2). It's supported by observable reality and data.

In a survey done on parents, here's what parents observed about their kids:
  • 80% of their sons like to play with cars but only 19% like to play with dolls
  • 43% of their daughters like to play with cars but 71% like to play with dolls
(see: https://www.madeformums.com/school-...hink-the-toys-were-giving-our-boys-and-girls/)

Does this mean that the 19% of boys who prefer dolls over trucks aren't "real boys"? No. They're just outside the "norm".

(3) The standards for behavior in Scripture have to do with character and treating others. They don't have to do with how the genders specifically should act.

If you think I'm wrong about (3), prove it. So far you've not done so. You've just said I don't know the Bible, and you've said you're not interested in my theology. Fine, you don't have to be interested in mine; I'm interested in YOURS. But you've not put up at all.

And then you have the temerity to say that I'm "woke", when what I've been arguing against backup and Temujin is literally the exact OPPOSITE of woke. Which means you really don't understand what you're talking about.

So I've invited you numerous times now to show me where I'm wrong. You either are unwilling to do it (and instead just prefer to hurl invectives at me), or you are unable to do it. I'm not a betting man, but if I was, I'd wager a large sum on the latter being the case.

That's just it. I'm not the one who's incapable of hanging out. Make no mistake when men hang out women are often present, either enhancing the ambience, or soaking it in. But what they're not doing is hanging out. It's just something that women don't do. I'm not at all sure that women would really be interested in hanging out if they could.
Sorry, but they do. It's not a man vs. woman thing. It's a what do I do with my time thing. Sorry if this sounds a bit flip, but who hangs out in a lesbian bar?

Sorry, but they do. It's not a man vs. woman thing. It's a what do I do with my time thing. Sorry if this sounds a bit flip, but who hangs out in a lesbian bar?
Depends what you mean by man v woman. The gender identity lie is destroying society

Well you declared it so that must be it. You have all your arguments so they will have to be the end of it.

Well, I've actually made a case and given it support. You just keep telling me I'm wrong but literally have offered not a single thing in support of your claim. I've asked you multiple times to show me, and you won't/can't do it. Hint: I've actually done the research on this. Have you? (doesn't appear so)

Well, I've actually made a case and given it support. You just keep telling me I'm wrong but literally have offered not a single thing in support of your claim. I've asked you multiple times to show me, and you won't/can't do it. Hint: I've actually done the research on this. Have you? (doesn't appear so)
Clearly you believe you are correct so you'll have to be satisfied with all your arguments you've researched? ?‍♂️

You believe "acting like a girl" is...whatever. ok.

Clearly you believe you are correct so you'll have to be satisfied with all your arguments you've researched? ?‍♂️

You believe "acting like a girl" is...whatever. ok.

If you have evidence to the contrary from Scripture, I'm all ears. So far you've responded to me at least a half dozen times and have not made even one reference to any passage in Scripture. It's not like I'm not giving you the chance here.

I mean, to your point about "you believe you are correct"... we ALL believe we are correct. If we thought we were wrong, we'd change our minds to what we think is correct, and THEN we'd think we were correct! You believe YOU are correct just as much as *I* believe *I* am correct. We differ on what is "correct". And we differ in that I've actually supported my claims and you haven't, despite numerous invitations from me to do so.

Friends please lets not argue on details when we have this woke child abusing gender identity pandemic on ours hands

If you have evidence to the contrary from Scripture, I'm all ears. So far you've responded to me at least a half dozen times and have not made even one reference to any passage in Scripture. It's not like I'm not giving you the chance here.

I mean, to your point about "you believe you are correct"... we ALL believe we are correct. If we thought we were wrong, we'd change our minds to what we think is correct, and THEN we'd think we were correct! You believe YOU are correct just as much as *I* believe *I* am correct. We differ on what is "correct". And we differ in that I've actually supported my claims and you haven't, despite numerous invitations from me to do so.
You are lost in details I am not concerned about with you.

I've told you why I decided to ask you a question.

The argument I've been making is:

(1) What some evangelicals (and I've used Eldredge as an example) claim is how boys "ought" to be (and conversely, how girls "ought" to be) is not borne out in Scripture. In the Bible there's no teachings on how boys and girls "ought" to be. So when Eldredge says that boys and men "ought" to be outdoors-sportsmen, ought to be able to "fix" things, ought to be "tough", ought to be "manly" (whatever that means), he's not getting that from Scripture but from some other pseudo-Christianized Western image he has (or, as he even talks about in his book, inferences drawn from his own personal experience...which hardly seem like they "ought" to apply to everyone else).

I'm right about (1). If you think I'm wrong, show me from Scripture where I'm wrong.

(2) There are "normative" behaviors for boys and girls, insofar as there are, within any population, statistical norms. Just like it's "normative" for people to be right-handed (9 out of 10 people in fact are right handed), but there are always some outliers (1 in 10 people are in fact LEFT handed). But that doesn't mean that the outliers aren't "legitimate". So most boys will prefer playing with trucks over dolls when they're little, but that doesn't mean that the boys that prefer dolls aren't "real boys". They're just not typical; they're statistical outliers.

I'm right about (2). It's supported by observable reality and data.

In a survey done on parents, here's what parents observed about their kids:
  • 80% of their sons like to play with cars but only 19% like to play with dolls
  • 43% of their daughters like to play with cars but 71% like to play with dolls
(see: https://www.madeformums.com/school-...hink-the-toys-were-giving-our-boys-and-girls/)

Does this mean that the 19% of boys who prefer dolls over trucks aren't "real boys"? No. They're just outside the "norm".

(3) The standards for behavior in Scripture have to do with character and treating others. They don't have to do with how the genders specifically should act.

If you think I'm wrong about (3), prove it. So far you've not done so. You've just said I don't know the Bible, and you've said you're not interested in my theology. Fine, you don't have to be interested in mine; I'm interested in YOURS. But you've not put up at all.

And then you have the temerity to say that I'm "woke", when what I've been arguing against backup and Temujin is literally the exact OPPOSITE of woke. Which means you really don't understand what you're talking about.

So I've invited you numerous times now to show me where I'm wrong. You either are unwilling to do it (and instead just prefer to hurl invectives at me), or you are unable to do it. I'm not a betting man, but if I was, I'd wager a large sum on the latter being the case.

They’re not dolls!
They’re Action Figures!

I'm not sure that all men are interested in doing what you describe either. This male bonding notion is peculiar to you and your lifestyle. That you extrapolate what your father and his brother do and apply it to the entire male population of the planet, says rather more about you than you think. A large proportion of humanity has neither the resources nor the leisure time to behave like this, let alone make it the defining behaviour of their existence.
If you can't tell the difference between an example and a definition you really don't have the intellectual fire power to be in this conversation.

If you can't tell the difference between an example and a definition you really don't have the intellectual fire power to be in this conversation.
If you cannot see that your example illustrates nothing but your parochialism, then there's little point in talking to you.

I'm not saying that women won't expropriate the colloquial expression "hanging out" to press it in to service where they may believe it applies. But what they're applying it to is not "hanging out." I think women have no clue what's not going on in the minds of men when they're hanging out. It might be an overstatement to say absolutely nothing, but just about as close to that as you could possibly get would be a pretty fair representation. I'm pretty sure that female brains don't have that setting. I think most women, if they could read the minds of men while they're hanging out, would conclude that they've dialed into the wrong frequency.

How I feel is irrelevant.
I know. So are your posts. But this is a discussion forum and you've come to battle in argument to prove your superior ideas! lol

It's ok if you are mad that evangelicals write books against your will. You'll just need to realize you claiming someone else "wrong" will just remain that, a claim.

You invited me to judge between them and thee. I decline.

Back