Belief in "3 separate Personages" who are "separate from one another" is polytheism.

Trinitarianism is so close to Polytheism that Trinitarians often make polytheistic statements. For example...

No, He's one God in 3 Personages. Remember, st Jesus' baptism, all 3 were manifested physically separate from one another. Now, before you say, "Then you're saying there are 3 gods", remember that "with GOD, ALL things are possible, so He can be the one God in 3 separate Personages. We can't actually comprehend the nature of God, except to know He can do ANYTHING, & is omniscient.

I would like to hear from all the TRINITARIANS on this forum...

Is the following statement TRUE or FALSE?

Belief in "3 separate Personages" who are "separate from one another" is polytheism.

"separate" is defined as "forming or viewed as a unit apart or by itself".

I say True.

Here is a concise statement of what I believe...
The spirit Yahweh is the only one who is eternal. Yahweh is also in the universe as spirit and as a human. Yahweh in the universe as spirit is called the Spirit of God, Yahweh in the universe as a human is called the Son of God, and eternal Yahweh is called God the Father.

And here is a more detailed overview...
(Note: I agree with the view of Melito, Bishop of Sardis around AD 160-180. The following is how I word it.)
For this creation, Yahweh God (the only one who transcends all creations) determined to create a universe with a kingdom of redeemed humans (living souls) for his glory where he would reign as a living soul himself. The Scriptures describe how Yahweh would accomplish his plan. In an instant, transcendent Yahweh (called God the Father) created the supernatural and space-time of this universe and also became immanent as a spirit (called the Spirit of God) and in the form of a living soul (called the Son of God) with a glorious human body. God the Father then created all things within the universe by the power of the Spirit of God commanded by the Son of God. But whereas Yahweh created a human spirit and soul for each of us, Yahweh himself became the human spirit and soul of Jesus. At his conception, Jesus' glorious body was changed to a mortal body to be made like us so he could make reconciliation for our sins. At his resurrection, Jesus' mortal body was changed back to a glorious body and he will also give each of his elect a glorious body when he returns to reign in his kingdom forever.

ziapueblo

I'm speaking as an Eastern Orthodox Christian here. The Orthodox Church believes and teaches that each of the Three Divine Persons is divine in His own unique way, yet always living and acting in the perfectly absolute unity of the divine truth and love. Therefore, the Three are one not only because what they are is one and the same, but because their divine union allows of no separation or duality or division whatsoever.

We find Yahweh, in the Old Testament, the one Lord and God, acting with the world through His Word and Spirit. Saint John the Evangelist in his Gospel, 1:14, the "Word becomes flesh." As Jesus of Nazareth, the only-begotten Son of God becomes man. And the Holy Spirit, who is in Jesus making him the Christ, is poured forth from God upon all flesh (Acts 2.17).

I'm speaking as an Eastern Orthodox Christian here. The Orthodox Church believes and teaches that each of the Three Divine Persons is divine in His own unique way, yet always living and acting in the perfectly absolute unity of the divine truth and love. Therefore, the Three are one not only because what they are is one and the same, but because their divine union allows of no separation or duality or division whatsoever.

We find Yahweh, in the Old Testament, the one Lord and God, acting with the world through His Word and Spirit. Saint John the Evangelist in his Gospel, 1:14, the "Word becomes flesh." As Jesus of Nazareth, the only-begotten Son of God becomes man. And the Holy Spirit, who is in Jesus making him the Christ, is poured forth from God upon all flesh (Acts 2.17).

Ok...... So is this statement TRUE or FALSE?

robycop3

In the story of Jesus' baptism, Jesus was physically present, of course. The HOLY SPIRIT appeared in the form of a dove, physically separate from Jesus. And the VOICE OF YAHWEH, Jesus' Father, boomed down from heaven, & He was obviously physically separate from Jesus & the Holy Spirit.

As I said earlier, we don't understand how three separate personages can be the one God, but we must remember that "with GOD, ALL things are possible" and GOD CAN DO ANYTHING.

In the story of Jesus' baptism, Jesus was physically present, of course. The HOLY SPIRIT appeared in the form of a dove, physically separate from Jesus. And the VOICE OF YAHWEH, Jesus' Father, boomed down from heaven, & He was obviously physically separate from Jesus & the Holy Spirit.

As I said earlier, we don't understand how three separate personages can be the one God, but we must remember that "with GOD, ALL things are possible" and GOD CAN DO ANYTHING.

For those who believe the Father, the Son, and the Spirit are omnipotent, omniscient, and omnipresent...

The Father was still omnipresent when the Father "boomed down from heaven". And the Spirit was still omnipresent when he "appeared in the form of a dove".

The Father, the Son, and the Spirit can NEVER be SEPERATE because they are OMNIPRESENT.

You can see distinction in them, but they CANNOT be separate.

Otherwise, they would no longer be GOD.

But just to clarify your statement, can you answer these questions...

Was the Father still omnipresent at Jesus' baptism (or did he temporarily limit himself to the location where the voice was coming from)?
Was the Holy Spirit still omnipresent at Jesus' baptism (or did he temporarily limit himself to the location of the dove)?
Was the Word still omnipresent at Jesus' baptism (or did he temporarily limit himself to the location of Jesus)?

I have had professing Trinitarians answer those questions differently so I am interested in how you would answer them.

Last edited:

robycop3

For those who believe the Father, the Son, and the Spirit are omnipotent, omniscient, and omnipresent...

The Father was still omnipresent when the Father "boomed down from heaven". And the Spirit was still omnipresent when he "appeared in the form of a dove".

The Father, the Son, and the Spirit can NEVER be SEPERATE because they are OMNIPRESENT.

You can see distinction in them, but they CANNOT be separate.

Otherwise, they would no longer be GOD.
Either they were physically separate at Jesus' baptism, or four different sets of Scripture are wrong. I shall go with Scripture being correct.

Luke 3:21 When all the people were baptized, it came to pass that Jesus also was baptized; and while He prayed, the heaven was opened. 22 And the Holy Spirit descended in bodily form like a dove upon Him, and a voice came from heaven which said, “You are My beloved Son; in You I am well pleased.”

Last edited:
Either they were physically separate at Jesus' baptism, or four different sets of Scripture are wrong. I shall go with Scripture being correct.

Was the Father still omnipresent at Jesus' baptism (or did he temporarily limit himself to the location where the voice was coming from)?
Was the Holy Spirit still omnipresent at Jesus' baptism (or did he temporarily limit himself to the location of the dove)?
Was the Word still omnipresent at Jesus' baptism (or did he temporarily limit himself to the location of Jesus)?

I have had professing Trinitarians answer those questions differently so I am interested in how you would answer them.

robycop3

I can't correctly answer; only GOD knows the correct answer. But I can say The Word IS Jesus, as Scripture says.