Beliefs?

JonHawk said:
His “gifts to men” were given until we are all joined together in the same faith and in the same knowledge about the Son of God.
...In other words, No one who denies the Son has the Father; he who acknowledges the Son has the Father as well. 1 John 2:23

"It's not what Paul and Jesus say." Now you took it up a notch and outdid captain delusion, GM.

Paul advocated " face to face" with Jesus:
"That the Messiah must suffer and be the first one to rise from death, to announce the light of salvation to the Jews and to the Gentiles.” Acts 6:23

Some brethren even sing about it:

Face to face with Christ, my Savior,
When with rapture I behold him,
Jesus Christ who died for me

Giving joyful thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of his holy people in the kingdom of the light of His Son.
Col 1:12-15
12"For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I have been fully known."
Most prefer "dim!y mirror". Know=Gnosis here.

JonHawk said:
His “gifts to men” were given until we are all joined together in the same faith and in the same knowledge about the Son of God.
...In other words, No one who denies the Son has the Father; he who acknowledges the Son has the Father as well. 1 John 2:23

"It's not what Paul and Jesus say." Now you took it up a notch and outdid captain delusion, GM.

"That the Messiah must suffer and be the first one to rise from death, to announce the light of salvation to the Jews and to the Gentiles.” Acts 6:23

Giving joyful thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of his holy people in the kingdom of the light of His Son.
12"For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I have been fully known."
The emphasis for some is what they dimly know, while for others it is on what was promised.

If what you heard in the beginning remains in you, you also will remain in the Son and in the Father.
And this is what he promised us—eternal life.
I am writing these things to you about those who are trying to lead you astray. 1 John 2;24-26

Read Heb ch5 and 6.
It took NT several hundred years to form, i tried to put myself in simmilar condition: what if i had just one letter of Paul in understand as much as possible what it means. Gnosis comes from spirit/God not from any pastor or book story - that is "dimly mirror", "the elementary doctrine". Gnosis is not a special doctrine but a method of knowing God. On can not just 'become' Gnostic. Heb 5 explains.

It is not what Paul and Jesus say. They used exact terms for Greek "to know", i.e. gain personal experience of Father the you know the Father and Me. Gnosis is personal experience, " face to face". Jesus and Paul advocate Gnosis (sad limitation of English vs Greek) as personal experience of God.
Like he does with the Bible he doesnt seek out terms for meaning and all he knows about gnosticism is what someone else has told him in ignorance. Funny is gnostics teach the ways of God as Jesus did but because he decides to rain in ignorance the ways of God to have His anointing doesnt mean anything to him and actually mocks the ways of God in man.

JonHawk said:

The emphasis for some is what they dimly know, while for others it is on what was promised.

If what you heard in the beginning remains in you, you also will remain in the Son and in the Father.
I am writing these things to you about those who are trying to lead you astray. 1 John 2;24-26
His gift to man will be given you this day if you will repent from your ways and adhere to His. All you do is make your gods wait for you to tell them what to do.

JonHawk said:

Baltic said:

Read Heb ch5 and 6.
It took NT several hundred years to form, i tried to put myself in simmilar condition: what if i had just one letter of Paul in understand as much as possible what it means. Gnosis comes from spirit/God not from any pastor or book story - that is "dimly mirror", "the elementary doctrine". Gnosis is not a special doctrine but a method of knowing God. On can not just 'become' Gnostic. Heb 5 explains.
Inevitably in your not so special gnostic teaching, you'll end up winging it and denying Jesus as Gary Mac is in the habit of doing.

'Not neglecting to gather together, as some are in the habit of doing,'

For Christ did not take on himself the glory of becoming a high priest. But God said to him,
“You are my Son;
Today I have become your Father.” 6 And he says in another place,
“You are a priest forever, in the order of Melchizedek.”
... Once made perfect, He became the source of eternal salvation for all who obey him; Heb 5

Because God wanted to make the unchanging nature of his purpose very clear to the heirs of what was promised, he confirmed it with an oath. 18 God did this so that, so these are two things that don’t change, because it’s impossible for God to lie. He did this so that we, who have taken refuge in him, can be strengthened in faith; [Abraham did not waver through unbelief regarding the promise of God, but was strengthened Rom 4:20]
19 We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure. It enters the inner sanctuary behind the curtain, 20 where our forerunner, Jesus, has entered on our behalf. He has become a high priest forever, in the order of Melchizedek. Heb 6

Last edited:
JonHawk said:

Inevitably in your not so special gnostic teaching, you'll end up winging it and denying Jesus as Gary Mac is in the habit of doing.

For Christ did not take on himself the glory of becoming a high priest. But God said to him,
“You are my Son;
... Once made perfect, He became the source of eternal salvation for all who obey him; Heb 5

Because God wanted to make the unchanging nature of his purpose very clear to the heirs of what was promised, he confirmed it with an oath. 18 God did this so that, so these are two things that don’t change, because it’s impossible for God to lie. He did this so that we, who have taken refuge in him, can be strengthened in faith; [Abraham did not waver through unbelief regarding the promise of God, but was strengthened Rom 4:20]
19 We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure. It enters the inner sanctuary behind the curtain, 20 where our forerunner, Jesus, has entered on our behalf. He has become a high priest forever, in the order of Melchizedek. Heb 6
You really should listen to the ways of Jesus and get to know him on his ways of the Father.

As you said in your opening sentence was you only know about the son of god as others has told you but haven’t met God to know who He is. But once you do see Him as He is ye shall be like Him instead of others opinions about Him. He will come to you but He can’t you have Him tied to a belief instead of actually meeting Him as Jesus did in Matt 3:16. That you mock as gnostic teachings lol

JonHawk said:

“You are my Son;

You really should listen to the ways of Jesus and get to know him on his ways of the Father.

As you said in your opening sentence was you only know about the son of god as others has told you but haven’t met God to know who He is. But once you do see Him as He is ye shall be like Him instead of others opinions about Him. He will come to you but He can’t you have Him tied to a belief instead of actually meeting Him as Jesus did in Matt 3:16. That you mock as gnostic teachings lol
Since your seared gnostic conscience is not going to allow to drink freely from the fountain of living water, Jesus Christ,
how about a bon voyage song? :

JonHawk said:

“You are my Son;

Since your seared gnostic conscience is not going to allow to drink freely from the fountain of living water, Jesus Christ,

Face to face with spirit...particularly with Christ, the Logos.

JonHawk said:

“You are my Son;

Face to face with spirit...particularly with Christ, the Logos.
And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, they do not belong to Christ. Rom 8:9

For whatever is not of faith, is sin. Rom 14:23

JonHawk said:

“You are my Son;

And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, they do not belong to Christ. Rom 8:9

For whatever is not of faith, is sin. Rom 14:23
10"He was in the world, and the world was made through him, yet the world did not know him."
Know=Gnosis

10"He was in the world, and the world was made through him, yet the world did not know him."
Know=Gnosis
And we know that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding. We know God is true; we are reconciled through His Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God and eternal life. 1 John 5:20

JonHawk said:

“You are my Son;

His gift is given the moment He is manifest in you as He gave the same gift of His life to Jesus in Matt 3:16, He will give you the same gift if you would drop your religious acts for beliefs and turn to Him in His ways as Jesus did in reality of.

And we know that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding. We know God is true; we are reconciled through His Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God and eternal life. 1 John 5:20
Gnostics say "remove ignorance" but it comes after conscious decision to to look beyond the "dark mirror".

Gnostics say "remove ignorance" but it comes after conscious decision to to look beyond the "dark mirror".
And when one actually does look beyond that darkness and receive His light and walk in the light as He is. in the light with the same signs following .

What do you see when you look into that mirror, do you see an image of self? As for me I see the image of God, for all who are His anointed as Jesus was His anointed are in His same image.

And when one actually does look beyond that darkness and receive His light and walk in the light as He is. in the light with the same signs following .

What do you see when you look into that mirror, do you see an image of self? As for me I see the image of God, for all who are His anointed as Jesus was His anointed are in His same image.
Also the key is "dark" - you see nothing spiritual.

JonHawk said:

“You are my Son;

God does not change- God's purpose is transforming humanity using His Son as the pattern:
6"For I desire steadfast love and not sacrifice,
the knowledge of God rather than burnt offerings."

Also the key is "dark" - you see nothing spiritual.
Actually His key is light, enlightenment by His Spirit to be like Him and walk as He walks in His same light with the same signs following, Hey it worked for me. But not to you I agree, you would have to have Gods Spirit to understand the spiritual. Even Jesus had to receive from God His Spirit when God Himself was manifest in him and opened up who He is, Spirit, and all of His heaven, Spirit, to that man in Matt 3:16.

You haven't receieved from God the same as Jesus did in Matt 3:16 have you? You have a spirit for sure, it just isn't the same One Jesus receieved in Matt 3:16. That is very obvious.

Actually His key is light, enlightenment by His Spirit to be like Him and walk as He walks in His same light with the same signs following, Hey it worked for me. But not to you I agree, you would have to have Gods Spirit to understand the spiritual. Even Jesus had to receive from God His Spirit when God Himself was manifest in him and opened up who He is, Spirit, and all of His heaven, Spirit, to that man in Matt 3:16.

You haven't receieved from God the same as Jesus did in Matt 3:16 have you? You have a spirit for sure, it just isn't the same One Jesus receieved in Matt 3:16. That is very obvious.
I consider that enlighenment of Jesus came as result of multiple lifes...He was an example, ultimate example.

Baltic said:
God does not change- God's purpose is transforming humanity using His Son as the pattern:

Not Gnosticism but Christ Jesus
Beware lest anyone cheat you through empty deceit, according to gnostic traditions and not according to Christ. 9 For in Him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily; 10 and you are complete in Him, who is the head of all principality and power.
11 In Him you were also circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, by putting off the body of the sins of the flesh, by the circumcision of Christ, 12 buried with Him in baptism, in which you also were raised with Him through faith in the working of God, who raised Him from the dead. 13 And you, being dead in your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, He has made alive together with Him,...Col 2

Back