Believing In An Actual Jesus

Gary Mac

What some idiots do not understand about Paul was that Paul was facing an entirely different mind set that Jesus faced. Jesus did not have to deal with Jews in certain ways because as a people they had been conditioned under the Law of Moses for many centuries. Jesus did not have to take a sexually perverted people and straighten them out like Paul faced. The Jews were already having a strong foundation of morals that Jesus could simply teach and build upon.

In Ephesus? The Ephesians were an entirely different foundation. They were amoral by culture. When Paul speaks of no foolish jesting? No foolish talking among them? They had a highly charged sexuality knowing no bounds. Paul was telling them no foolish joking as means to arouse someone sexually with words in a joking way! Foolish jesting had to do with tactile jesting. Touching another jokingly that was used to tease and arouse another sexually! Their pagan temples involved male prostitutes, female prostitutes, child prostitutes, and even animals for sex as a means for worship and religious obligation. Some of their coinage in that day had fertility gods pictured on them. Bisexuality was seen as a norm.

Jesus did not face that to deal with!

Jesus did not face that type of person with the Jews. Damn straight Paul had a different message than Jesus! God was cleaning up a huge swamp with Paul's ministry. That is why Paul was sent to the Gentiles because he knew the Roman culture. Peter would never been able to handle it without Paul going first.
Now that is interesting. Paul cleaning up the mess Jesus made. That is a twist I have not heard before ROFLOL.

Paul was slick. He found out as Saul there was no way he could destroy Christianity by exaction so he devised a way to infiltrate by what he called trickery to get people to follow him instead of Jesus. And it was master at it. Paul made the mess -- for a whole lot more follow Paul as a sinner than they ever did Jesus to be without sin and perfect even your Father in heaven is perfect themselves as God demands of us if we are to be of Him.

GeneZ

1Cor 9:1 . . Have I not seen Jesus our Lord?

2Tim 1:12 . . I know whom I have believed

Paul could honestly say those things because he experienced a close encounter with
a real Jesus. (Acts 9:3-6, 22:6-10, and 26:12-18)

Well, to be honest about it; I have never once experienced a close encounter with
a real Jesus like Paul did. So I cannot attest, beyond a shadow of sensible doubt,
that the Jesus I believe in is authentic.
_

He is the Word made flesh. (John 1:1)

Do you believe the Word of God? Not everyone is able to.

Only those who are REGENERATE can truly believe the Word of God.

Finding yourself believing the Word is an indicator that you do see the Lord.. who can not be seen at present.

Jesus said to him, “Because you have seen Me, have you now believed?
Blessed are they who did not see, and yet believed.”

Dant01

Citing a Bible claim to verify a Bible claim is called circular reasoning. It's like a
judge acquitting a defendant based upon the defendant claiming he didn't do it.
_

Last edited:

GeneZ

Citing a Bible claim to prove a Bible claim is called circular reasoning. It's like a
judge acquitting a defendant based upon the defendant claiming he didn't do it.
_
I take it? You're not a believer. Most likely grew up around believers. Is that true?

Or, are you a weak believer wanting others to show you how to overcome critics who use your arguments?

A true Christian finds himself being supernaturally made able to believe the Bible.
He does not want to believe it, and therefore he makes himself think he believes it. He finds himself able to believe it!

By God's regeneration and the spiritual transformation, it locks him onto what others remain oblivious to.

Being able to believe the Bible is God's way of telling the believer that something very real is going on. Something that the dead souled unbelievers have no way of knowing.

Dant01

A true Christian finds himself being supernaturally made able to believe the Bible.

A proprietary claim impossible to verify in the real world.

He does not want to believe it, and therefore he makes himself think he believes it.
He finds himself able to believe it!

By God's regeneration and the spiritual transformation, it locks him onto what
others remain oblivious to.

Being able to believe the Bible is God's way of telling the believer that something
very real is going on. Something that the dead souled unbelievers have no way of
knowing.

Don't you guys realize that the only place your claims hold up is among yourselves?
_

GeneZ

Real world? Freudian slip? Is that a confession of yours? That Christians are not living in reality?

What you are asking for? If it could be done? Would cause evil to panic and submit by oppression, and go to heaven. Therefore, having evil with us for all eternity.

God's knows who are His. Why don't you?

You're playing a game here? Its called the "devil's advocate." Why? Bored?

This argument is at least as old as Spinoza. Been answered a million times.[1] Using "A court of Law" as standard of proof is hilarious. Legal arguments are an exercise in hermeneutics see Paul Fry Open YALE where he explains how hermeneutics was born in biblical interpretation only later taken up by the legal profession. Why did President Ronald Reagan nominated Judge Robert Bork for Associate Justice of the Supreme Court? Why did the nomination of Robert Bork fail? Answer is found in a study of hermeneutics.

[1] A History of the Synoptic Problem, by David Laird Dungan 1999.

Last edited:

GeneZ

"Prove that you like the smell of this flower!"

Can you prove it in a court of law when the judge has no sense of smell?

Christians do not ask Christians certain things. For Christians who are experiencing their Christianity, know, and are one with others who know the Lord.

Dant01

Faith is believin' somethin' that ain't so.
(Mark Twain

It's ain't what you know that gets you into trouble,
It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
(Mark Twain

_

Last edited:

GeneZ

Faith is believin' somethin' that ain't so.
(Mark Twain

It's ain't what you know that gets you into trouble,
It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
(Mark Twain

_
Jesus ain't so then?

To believe in Santa Clause took faith. For the Wright brothers to believe they could make a flying machine also took faith.

Gary Mac

Do you believe the Word of God? Not everyone is able to.

Only those who are REGENERATE can truly believe the Word of God.

Finding yourself believing the Word is an indicator that you do see the Lord.. who can not be seen at present.

Jesus said to him, “Because you have seen Me, have you now believed?
Blessed are they who did not see, and yet believed.”

The word of God is not written on stone nor a page of paper, His word is written in the hearts of those who He is manifest in by His Spirit. It is who we are like Him, same mind, same nature, same disposition and same walk as He walks. The bible is a religious document on how to receive His word come out from you just as He did out from Jesus and others who had His same SPirit. His word is living, it is who we are.

Gary Mac

The word of God is not written on stone nor a page of paper, His word is written in the hearts of those who He is manifest in by His Spirit. It is who we are like Him, same mind, same nature, same disposition and same walk as He walks,
you show know, since you live here.
Jesus lived here as well that does not mean we are of it, we are not we are of Gods SPirit of Love. As with Jesus I am in this world but I am not of it.

e v e

"For I know that nothing good dwells in me, that is, in my flesh; for the willing is present in me, but the doing of the good is not."

Flesh is literally nothing good. Scripture doesn't just use whatever words. Paul was no fool.

I know that modern christianity has decided (to avoid dealing with the truth) that this body is neutral and not sin. That is taught in every bible study... that the body is neutral and that sin is a system.

When Christ uses the term Cosmos he does not mean system only. When He uses the term Flesh neither does he make exclusions for this type of body we have.

Anytime God speaks well of the body he means the Body Adam had in Eden and the same His 144000 will have soon at the Change.

He does Not refer to this one after the fall.

Last edited:

e v e

Jesus lived here as well that does not mean we are of it, we are not we are of Gods SPirit of Love. As with Jesus I am in this world but I am not of it.
I can think of one thing different between you and Jesus that you have yet to admit. You are in this type of body. After His resurrection He was in His glorified body and definitely not of this world.

For that is the thing... to die to this body and its world.

Gary Mac

"For I know that nothing good dwells in me, that is, in my flesh; for the willing is present in me, but the doing of the good is not."

Flesh is literally nothing good. Scripture doesn't just use whatever words. Paul was no fool.

I know that modern christianity has decided (to avoid dealing with the truth) that this body is neutral and not sin. That is taught in every bible study... that the body is neutral and that sin is a system.

When Christ uses the term Cosmos he does not mean system only. When He uses the term Flesh neither does he make exclusions for this type of body we have.

Anytime God speaks well of the body he means the Body Adam had in Eden and the same His 144000 will have soon at the Change.

He does Not refer to this one after the fall.
This is exactly where Pauls teachings and Jesus teachings differ. Jesus didnt struggle with doing the will of God at all as Paul had just as you quoted of him. That is exactly why I follow Jesus in righteousness instead of Paul in unrighteousness.

modern beliefs are no different now from then, religious minds are of law instead of Spirit. And when God speaks well of the body it is by the temple of Him, the place God resides. Eden is not spoken well of God at all in fact those who received His Spirit to be His temple left eden to peruse Him and till that ground they came out from. And God cant come to man at all least he fall of self until then you will remain in eden never knowing His kingdom that is within. You will continue to see a place that does not exist at all.

Gary Mac

I can think of one thing different between you and Jesus that you have yet to admit. You are in this type of body. After His resurrection He was in His glorified body and definitely not of this world.

For that is the thing... to die to this body and its world.
You still dont get it. He is not risen at all least that Spirit that did rise be in you. Until then you will seek it to come out from that grave that you keep him in. He will come to you and sup with you and be in you if you will only let Him.

DO you know why he is yet to come to you? Because you are seeking a physical kingdom and cant see that Gods kingdom is within you.

Dant01

According to Col 1:13 and Philip 3:20, it's possible to obtain citizenship in
the kingdom of God prior to Christ's return. However, residency is reserved
till then.

2Pet 1:10-11 . .My brothers, be all the more eager to make your calling
and election sure. For if you do these things, you will never fall, and you will
receive a rich welcome into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus
Christ.

Jesus wasn't given much of a welcome when he entered Jerusalem the first
time, riding on the back of a donkey. I expect that his Father has planned a
far more glorious reception for His son than what was given him back then.

And he won't be coming alone; Christ's church will be in a procession right
behind him: a magnificent parade, led by him as grand master. I expect that's
going to be an amazing sight: enchanting beyond words.
_

Gary Mac

According to Col 1:13 and Philip 3:20, it's possible to obtain citizenship in
the kingdom of God prior to Christ's return. However, residency is reserved
till then.

2Pet 1:10-11 . .My brothers, be all the more eager to make your calling
and election sure. For if you do these things, you will never fall, and you will
receive a rich welcome into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus
Christ.

Jesus wasn't given much of a welcome when he entered Jerusalem the first
time, riding on the back of a donkey. I expect that his Father has planned a
far more glorious reception for His son than what was given him back then.

And he won't be coming alone; Christ's church will be in a procession right
behind him: a magnificent parade, led by him as grand master. I expect that's
going to be an amazing sight: enchanting beyond words.
_
Actually the kingdom of God doesn't come with observation, it is within you. Luke 17:20-21. What ever man is waiting for as in a god to return is missing the One as your door knocking this day.

Dant01

Actually the kingdom of God doesn't come with observation, it is within you. Luke
17:20-21.

I suppose there will always be a number of folk insisting Luke 17:20-21 annuls
everything predicted in the Old Testament and the New related to Christ's return;
just as there will always be folk insisting Hosea 6:6 repeals the entire God-given
book of Leviticus.
_