Believing on Christ is a evidence of being born again !

TomFL

The interpretation is fine.
Mine is

Yours is not

Your erroneous interpretation shows you don't for it causes scripture to contradict itself

John 3:7–17 —KJV
“Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.
The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.
Nicodemus answered and said unto him, How can these things be?

The question

Jesus answered and said unto him, Art thou a master of Israel, and knowest not these things?
Verily, verily, I say unto thee, We speak that we do know, and testify that we have seen; and ye receive not our witness.
If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things?
And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.
And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:
That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.”

the answer

brightfame52

Mine is

Yours is not

Your erroneous interpretation shows you don't for it causes scripture to contradict itself

The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

The question

Jesus answered and said unto him, Art thou a master of Israel, and knowest not these things?
Verily, verily, I say unto thee, We speak that we do know, and testify that we have seen; and ye receive not our witness.
If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things?
And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.
And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.”

the answer
lol, I dont think so. In fact I think most of what you say, if not all of it, is contrary to truth in scripture.

TomFL

lol, I dont think so. In fact I think most of what you say, if not all of it, is contrary to truth in scripture.
Key word think

You have been posting your thinking

Not scriptural exegesis

The question

the answer

brightfame52

Key word think

Not scriptural exegesis

The question

the answer
ok thats fine, Im suppose to think

brightfame52

The fact that man needs to be born again before he can see the kingdom of God Jn 3:3

Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. is the greek word eidō and means:

to know, i.e. get knowledge of, understand, perceive

This is collaborated by Paul here which proves Christ and Paul taught the same Doctrine 1 Cor 2:14

14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know[understand] them, because they are spiritually discerned.

So the necessity of being Born of God to be able to spiritually discern the spiritual truth. Gospel Truth is spiritual truth, Paul calls it Spiritual Things 1 Cor 9 11

If we have sown unto you spiritual things, is it a great thing if we shall reap your carnal things? 13

TomFL

ok thats fine, Im suppose to think
Your thinkingshould be based on the word of God not your rationalizations

The question

the answer

TomFL

You're not supposed to think.
You're supposed to blindly accept whatever he tells you.

But if you think about what he tells you, and you disagree, that means you're not thinking.
What part of

Not scriptural exegesis

logically forms your conclusion ?

brightfame52

The question

the answer
What you think i started this thread with, the newspaper ? I think I used scripture lol

Septextura

Many in religion these days have things backwards, they suppose that men can perform a spiritual from a spiritually dead heart. Yes men naturally born of adam are born spiritually dead. Thats why Jesus told nicodemus a man must be born again or he cannot see the kingdom of God, Christ and Him Crucified. The word see Jn 3:3

Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. is the greek word eidō and means:

This certainly agrees with Pauls wisdom here 1 Cor 2:14

14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know[understand] them, because they are spiritually discerned.

But once God Sovereignly gives a vessel of mercy a new birth by the Spirit, they are now capacitated Spiritually to believe Spiritually on Christ, hence Jesus says that those who did receive Him, even believe on His Name, did so because they had been born of God Jn 1:12-13

But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

Which were born
, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

So the ones believing had been previously born of God, this testimony of truth cannot be more clearer !

Ephesians 1

9 Having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself:
10 That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him:
11 In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:
12 That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ.
13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

18 The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,
19 And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power,
20 Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places,
21 Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come:
22 And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church,
23 Which is his body, the fulness of him that filleth all in all.

TomFL

The fact that man needs to be born again before he can see the kingdom of God Jn 3:3

This is collaborated by Paul here which proves Christ and Paul taught the same Doctrine 1 Cor 2:14

So the necessity of being Born of God to be able to spiritually discern the spiritual truth. Gospel Truth is spiritual truth, Paul calls it Spiritual Things 1 Cor 9 11

If we have sown unto you spiritual things, is it a great thing if we shall reap your carnal things? 13
Paul is stating the natural man does not receive revelation from the spirit not that they cannot understand the gospel

and as for see

5. see someth.=experience someth. (Ps 26:13); good days 1 Pt 3:10 (Ps 33:13; τ. βασιλείαν J 3:3. θάνατον see death=die Lk 2:26; Hb 11:5 (cf. Ps 88:49; Anth. Pal. 6, 230 ἰδεῖν Ἀίδην); grief Rv 18:7 (cf. 1 Macc 13:3 τὰς στενοχωρίας; Eccl 6:6 ἀγαθωσύνην). τὴν διαφθοράν experience decay=decay Ac 2:27, 31; 13:35-7 (all Ps 15:10); τ. ἡμέραν (Soph., Oed. R. 831; Aristoph., Pax 345; Polyb. 10, 4, 7; 32, 10, 9; Ael. Aristid. 32 p. 601 D.; Lam 2:16; Jos., Ant. 6, 305)

William Arndt et al., A Greek-English Lexicon of the New Testament and Other Early Christian Literature : A Translation and Adaption of the Fourth Revised and Augmented Edition of Walter Bauer’s Griechisch-Deutsches Worterbuch Zu Den Schrift En Des Neuen Testaments Und Der Ubrigen Urchristlichen Literatur (Chicago: University of Chicago Press, 1979), 221.

John is not saying you must be born again before you can understand the gospel

TomFL

What you think i started this thread with, the newspaper ? I think I used scripture lol
It's just a question of how you started this op but also how you argue for spiritual truth

In that I see rationalization, assumptions and a refusal to heed scripture

The question

the answer

brightfame52

Paul is stating the natural man does not receive revelation from the spirit not that they cannot understand the gospel

and as for see

5. see someth.=experience someth. (Ps 26:13); good days 1 Pt 3:10 (Ps 33:13; τ. βασιλείαν J 3:3. θάνατον see death=die Lk 2:26; Hb 11:5 (cf. Ps 88:49; Anth. Pal. 6, 230 ἰδεῖν Ἀίδην); grief Rv 18:7 (cf. 1 Macc 13:3 τὰς στενοχωρίας; Eccl 6:6 ἀγαθωσύνην). τὴν διαφθοράν experience decay=decay Ac 2:27, 31; 13:35-7 (all Ps 15:10); τ. ἡμέραν (Soph., Oed. R. 831; Aristoph., Pax 345; Polyb. 10, 4, 7; 32, 10, 9; Ael. Aristid. 32 p. 601 D.; Lam 2:16; Jos., Ant. 6, 305)

William Arndt et al., A Greek-English Lexicon of the New Testament and Other Early Christian Literature : A Translation and Adaption of the Fourth Revised and Augmented Edition of Walter Bauer’s Griechisch-Deutsches Worterbuch Zu Den Schrift En Des Neuen Testaments Und Der Ubrigen Urchristlichen Literatur (Chicago: University of Chicago Press, 1979), 221.

John is not saying you must be born again before you can understand the gospel
The Gospel is a revelation from the Spirit of God Rom 1:16-17

16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

17 For therein[the Gospel of christ] is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

Its revealed to faith which is a fruit of the Spirit.

Paul had it revealed to him Gal 1

But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.

For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

TomFL

The Gospel is a revelation from the Spirit of God Rom 1:16-17

16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

17 For therein[the Gospel of christ] is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

Its revealed to faith which is a fruit of the Spirit.

Paul had it revealed to him Gal 1

But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.

For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.
First What has that to do with your appeal to eido

you tried to relate to 1Co 2:14

second yes the gospel was revealed by the Spirit

but how does that demonstrate one cannot understand a gospel presentation ?

brightfame52

First What has that to do with your appeal to eido

you tried to relate to 1Co 2:14

second yes the gospel was revealed by the Spirit

but how does that demonstrate one cannot understand a gospel presentation ?
The Gospel is a Spiritual Revelation, the natural man cannot receive the things of the Spirit of God, they're foolishness him you know the rest!

TomFL

The Gospel is a Spiritual Revelation, the natural man cannot receive the things of the Spirit of God, they're foolishness him you know the rest!
Sorry that is not saying man can not understand the gospel

You are reading that into the passage

It is speaking of revelation of the deeper things (mysteries) of God which were hidden but had been revealed through the spirit

1 Cor. 2:6–14 —NASB
but we speak God’s wisdom in a mystery, the hidden wisdom, which God predestined before the ages to our glory;
the wisdom which none of the rulers of this age has understood; for if they had understood it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory;
but just as it is written, “THINGS WHICH EYE HAS NOT SEEN AND EAR HAS NOT HEARD, AND which HAVE NOT ENTERED THE HEART OF MAN, ALL THAT GOD HAS PREPARED FOR THOSE WHO LOVE HIM.”
For to us God revealed them through the Spirit
; for the Spirit searches all things, even the depths of God.
For who among men knows the thoughts of a man except the spirit of the man, which is in him? Even so the thoughts of God no one knows except the Spirit of God.
Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, that we might know the things freely given to us by God,
which things we also speak, not in words taught by human wisdom, but in those taught by the Spirit, combining spiritual thoughts with spiritual words.
But a natural man does not accept the things of the Spirit of God; for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually appraised.”