Bending the Knee to Augustine's Rot of Gnosticism.

Jabez

Satan's work of gnosticism proceeds in modernity even upon his defeat by Christ. Total Depravity is such a proceeding, and requires white knuckled service to even exist.

God has provided His Superior definition of human death by sin, in that after receiving the judgement from eating the forbidden fruit, both Adam and Eve were still able to hear God speak, able to understand His question, and able to reason a response. They remained volitional and in possession of free will, but had a partial loss of sentience.

Praise God for His Perfect Word unto those who are in His image Even after sinning. Although, perhaps it is in fact the Tares who are without free will because, having been planted by the Enemy, they had no soul to begin with. Then, as does Satan, even with knowledge they remain lost and souless.

Last edited:
Satan's work of gnosticism proceeds in modernity even upon his defeat by Christ. Total Depravity is such a proceeding, and requires white knuckled service to even exist.

I don't think you even understand what "Total Depravity" teaches.

And "Satan's work of gnosticism"?!
And "white knuckled service"?!
Do you really think such worthless rhetoric is productive, or causes readers to respect you?

God has provided His Superior definition of human death by sin, in that after receiving the judgement from eating the forbidden fruit, both Adam and Eve were still able to hear God speak, able to understand His question, and able to reason a response.

Yeah, and ... ?
Exactly who are you arguing against?
You clearly don't understand what "total depravity" teaches.

They remained volitional and in possession of free will, but had a partial loss of sentience.

Where does the Bible teach that they had "possession of free will"?
Chapter and verse, please?

Praise God for His Perfect Word unto those who are in His image Even after sinning. Although, perhaps it is in fact the Tares who are without free will because, having been planted by the Enemy, they had no soul to begin with. Then, as does Satan, even with knowledge they remain lost and souless.

So you don't need Scripture.
You only need to claim that whoever disagrees with you is Satan-possessed?

Yeah, that's nothing but worthless childish rhetoric.

I don't think you even understand what "Total Depravity" teaches.

And "Satan's work of gnosticism"?!
And "white knuckled service"?!
Do you really think such worthless rhetoric is productive, or causes readers to respect you?

Yeah, and ... ?
Exactly who are you arguing against?
You clearly don't understand what "total depravity" teaches.

Where does the Bible teach that they had "possession of free will"?
Chapter and verse, please?

So you don't need Scripture.
You only need to claim that whoever disagrees with you is Satan-possessed?

Yeah, that's nothing but worthless childish rhetoric.
The Lord Jesus will bring a softened heart and new life to those who repent and then confess their hardness. A lack of God's Love is the marker. Tares will be gathered and burned.

Yes, Wisdom does ask for God's Declared Word. "Every spirit that confesses not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist."

Here we have the rot of Augustine's Gnosticism identified, needing ever to be promoted.

it is in fact the Tares who are without free will because, having been planted by the Enemy, they had no soul to begin with. Then, as does Satan, even with knowledge they remain lost and souless.
I read your complete statement a few times through, and... simply for clarification... in your system, does your biblical anthropology include human beings with and without souls? If so, I think this is the first time I've ever come across this particular idea. I'm curious if you came up with it, or is there a theological system that this was taken from?

Thanks.

I read your complete statement a few times through, and... simply for clarification... in your system, does your biblical anthropology include human beings with and without souls? If so, I think this is the first time I've ever come across this particular idea. I'm curious if you came up with it, or is there a theological system that this was taken from?

Thanks.
Christ's Parable of the Tares identifies what sort of people being planted as an invasive and corrupt species in the field? There is no mention of tares being Redeemed. Such an exclusion is not incidental within the Great Commission.

Best wishes upon your search for a valid Systematic Theology.

Christ's Parable of the Tares identifies what sort of people being planted as an invasive and corrupt species in the field? There is no mention of tares being Redeemed. Such an exclusion is not incidental within the Great Commission.

Best wishes upon your search for a valid Systematic Theology.
Either you didn't directly answer the question or I do not understand your answer. Either way, I wasn't trying to do the typical CARM "Gotcha!"... I was simply curious about your theology. It's ok if you don't want to share.

Systematic theology is organic to every person that participates here. Each of us has a way to connect the scriptures and make sense of them.

Either you didn't directly answer the question or I do not understand your answer. Either way, I wasn't trying to do the typical CARM "Gotcha!"... I was simply curious about your theology. It's ok if you don't want to share.

Systematic theology is organic to every person that participates here. Each of us has a way to connect the scriptures and make sense of them.
Largely organic to the point of unclean verminology.

You're clearly not here for charitable, productive discussion.
Place you personal comments in Messaging according to the Forum TOS.
Thanks for your compliance as a service to The Lord.

You are NOT a moderator. You obviously haven't read the TOS or you wouldn't be posting this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Place you personal comments in Messaging according to the Forum TOS.
Thanks for your compliance as a service to The Lord.

Trying to change the behaviour of posters and playing moderator is against the Forum TOS.
Thanks for your compliance as a service to the Lord.

Trying to change the behaviour of posters and playing moderator is against the Forum TOS.
Thanks for your compliance as a service to the Lord.
There are three basic options. There's the remote possibility of an anonymous interlocutor hearing directly from the Holy Spirit that has been sent to explain all spiritual truth to all the other anonymous participants here at CARM. Another option is cyber trolling. A third option is immaturity and confusion.

Back