Benedict as 106 years old when he passed?

1) Simonides only knew what Tischendorf had told him about the manuscript, there was no "impossible knowledge."

Tischendorf told Simonides about the 1844 brazen theft?

Tischendorf told Simonides about the phenomenally good condition of the parchment?

Tischendorf told Simonides how he coloured the manuscript?
(Which you can easily see comparing 1844 and 1859 pages.)

Possibly, but not likely.

Besides - is Hilarion at either Athos or on the document OR BOTH supposed to be a NAME or merely a TITLE?

The context of both the Athos deacon mentioned by Simonides, deacon Hilarion, and the siggie on the document, would definitely lean strongly towards a name.

Journal of Sacred Literature (1863)
https://books.google.com/books?id=ybYRAAAAYAAJ&pg=PA250

The note from the Patriarch Constantius, acknowledging the receipt of the MS., together with 25,000 piastres, sent to me by Constantius as a benediction, was brought to me by the Deacon Hilarion. All the persons thus named are, I believe, still alive, and could bear witness to the truth of my statement.

1) admit you were wrong - and in his case, apologize to all the people you insulted
2) pretend there's a scenario that you're not wrong under and defend that scenario instead of, you know, WHAT THE ALLEGED AUTHOR ACTUALLY SAID.
At this point, it just becomes a matter of making it to the grave without admitting you were wrong and then in your own mind, you win.

Off topic, so moved to your reactive dribble and drivel page, home of nonsense.

Straw man #1 that even you know is not what I meant.

I won't insult your intelligence by pretending to believe you actually think that's what I was talking about.

Tischendorf told Simonides about the phenomenally good condition of the parchment?

Straw man #2 which again you know.

Actually, you know full well Simonides made up that lie on his own and signed Kallinikos's name to it.

So why do you pretend you don't know that?

Not how things work.

The context of both the Athos deacon mentioned by Simonides,

So you're still going with "Simonides tells the truth" after you went with "Simonides lied"????

deacon Hilarion, and the siggie on the document, would definitely lean strongly towards a name.

Again, this is an embarrassment to even call your team of non-scholars a "research team."

This is not how RESEARCH is done, it's basically how cults indoctrinate their disciples.

Off topic, so moved to your reactive dribble and drivel page, home of nonsense.

A page HE started, he blames on me - e.g. gaslighting.

Once again, we see why you're terrified of a face-to-face debate.

For the exact same reason Donald Trump is terrified of testifying under oath in a courtroom.

We will note for the record despite James Snapp body slamming him right through the floor, Steven Avery has yet to inform us what the alleged "impossible knowledge" of Simonides was.

There wasn't any.

It's just one of the many little sing-song phrases he makes up to substitute for research.

Let's face it, if you were hamstrung by a lying forger like Constantine Simonides, you'd do the same thing if you lacked scruples.

Straw man #1 that even you know is not what I meant.
I won't insult your intelligence by pretending to believe you actually think that's what I was talking about.
Straw man #2 which again you know.
Actually, you know full well Simonides made up that lie on his own and signed Kallinikos's name to it.
So why do you pretend you don't know that?
Not how things work.

The “straw men” simply proved your claim wrong, there was incredibly important knowledge about the ms. known to Simonides that did not come from Tischendorf.

Which also answers your “impossible knowledge” position.

A page HE started, he blames on me - e.g. gaslighting.
Once again, we see why you're terrified of a face-to-face debate.
For the exact same reason Donald Trump is terrified of testifying under oath in a courtroom.

Off topic, taken to your reactive dribble and drivel page.

The ancient one had been at Athos for 70 years.

The Benedict of Simonides was involved with the Greek revolution, and was close to Dendrinos and Kaposistrias, and taught at other academies like Spetses. A strong variety of "theological" background.

Your math applies to no one.

Your math doesn't work.

Parfney Ageev's math fits.

Possibly, but not likely.

Diversion ignored.

Which also answers your “impossible knowledge” position.

You quoting the currently living Helen Shenton as if she's Simonides and thinking it is a point in your favor is laughable.

Indeed - I don't believe for one second you actually believe it.

For what?

Your layout was not Parfeny, who has for the 106-year old:

Spin doctoring denial.

Wrong nationality (pointed out by Fennel),

Is this yet another prelude to contextomy?

with no contact with Kapodistrias, the revolution, the theological academies.

Are you saying Parfeny's "Hiero-Deacon Benedict" was just coincidentally another "Hiero-Deacon Benedict" in the same place, at the same time, with the same name, same eyesight problem, died in the same year etc etc...

Come back to earth! :)

Never left it, unlike the Apollo missions 🤣😂😄

Back