Bible Authority?

A lot of this discussion is questioning if the text is being read for what is says, or if we read into the text what we want it to say.

Good point.
And a quick read-through of the article you linked to demonstrates that he had no valid argument, and is simply upset and unwilling to give the Bible any credibility for presenting cosmological truth. IOW, he "wants" the Bible to have no credibility, so he summarily dismisses any claims that would give the Bible validity.

Galileo concluded that the Earth must be spherical simply be seeing some of Jupiter's moons orbitting around Jupiter, and extrapolating his understanding.

In the second century B.C., Eratosthenes observed that sunlight hit the Earth at different angles depending on your location. So when the Sun was directly overhead in one city, it was at an angle in another city. And in fact, he was able to very accurately calculated the circumference of the (spherical) Earth 2200 years ago.

And you think nobody else was able to notice those same things in Isaiah's day? Or that God wasn't smart enough to know He created a spherical Earth, and relay that to Isaiah? I'm beginning to think you don't even believe in God.

Here's an argument against your understanding of Job teaching a spherical earth: https://www.asa3.org/ASA/PSCF/2001/PSCF9-01Schneider.html

So this is what you do, huh?
Whenver someone makes an argument, or presents a position, you simply do a "Google search" to find someone ELSE's argument against it.

Can "we"? Especially in consideration of how other bibles vary depending on which church chooses the books to determine the canon? I can elaborate on this point further if you like.

Yeah, I knew you'd never be able to support that false claim.

Interesting. The Protestants broke of from the church that gave them the Bible, and then add in their own sources.

Yes, that's the point. 2 Timothy is a personal letter, supposedly from Paul to Timothy. There's no reason why it would be pseudonymous, but all the scientific evidence including the conflicting nature of Paul's other works.

Another false claim you've been UNABLE to provide any "scientific evidence" for.

The boss of the source should be taken into consideration.

Okay... I've asked my "boss", namely God.
He assures me that you're wrong.
Now what?

A lot of this discussion is questioning if the text is being read for what is says, or if we read into the text what we want it to say.
Here's an argument against your understanding of Job teaching a spherical earth: https://www.asa3.org/ASA/PSCF/2001/PSCF9-01Schneider.html
The other part is understanding the incorporation of biblical text. I don't disparage you beliefs, but I suppose I'm skeptical.
False reasonings of men who do not believe in a creator. Not you. Ones who speak in opposition of Gods truth.

The schools of men teach some truth, but teach quite a bit of darkness. So where as 4 degrees may impress those in darkness, it doesn't impress one lead by holy spirit. Its the holy spirit that guides one into all truth.
I'm simply using the same arguments that have been posed against my religion. I actually you agree with you on this.
Any opposing views are often dismissed without question, and deferred to "experts" in biblical text, and "real" evidence. \
But then I refer to those experts, and then they don't show up. Weird.
Satan is very powerful and cunning, he fools the majority( 99% on earth) like this-2Cor 11:12-15--He makes things look like light but they aren't. He can use love, sharing whatever it takes to mislead one. The perfect example is Gods own chosen scholars who lived in Jesus' Day, they didn't even recognize their own Messiah, they hated him and sent him to his death. So how can Gods own chosen scholars be in such darkness? The majority of the Israelites followed those leaders over Jesus. Its no different today for the majority on earth.
No wonder the bible instructs--Beware if you think you are standing strong.
Amen!

Another false claim you've been UNABLE to provide any "scientific evidence" for.
Always a pleasure to deal with someone of your....maturity.
Jesus didn't see it necessary to deal with blind people. Who am I to question Jesus?

Back