Bible Software

Josheb

Got a new laptop and want to install some Bible software. I've used many different programs in the past but over the past decade+ I've predominantly used QuickVerse and Logos. I like Quickverse because it is spare and easy to use. I like Logos because (if you're willing to pay for it) it is not spare and will do just about anything and everything. Sadly, QuickVerse is no longer being supported by its manufacturer and it's been sold to Logos. I also use the online tools from sources like Bibledotcom, Bible Hub, Bible Gateway, etc., but am looking for something to install on the laptop I can use offline, and something simple, straightforward, easy to use. The one idiosyncrasy I want is the ability to format copy and paste the way I like it. Quickverse was good at that whether others I've use were lacking. I've checked the "best of" websites and, besides Logos, the programs most often recommended are Accordance, Olive Tree, and E-Sword (which I have used before). I have a little disdain for the having to purchase add-ons, even though I'm not plaining using many with my laptop (my desktop has Logos and many other tools for more complex study).

Anyone got any recommendations, especially preferences of the three just listed, and why?

Thx

Anyone got any recommendations, especially preferences of the three just listed, and why?
Don't have any recommendations, but I still have a 2005 desk top with Windows XP that runs. I still have and use the Quick Verse on it. It was actually made for Windows 3.1, and had to mess with it to get it to run (basically just copy the folders and files to the hard drive manually). It is real fast but only has King James and New King James and the cross reference tool Treasury of Scripture Knowledge.

I am using E-sword now, they do have:
The Ultimate Cross-Reference Treasury. But it is $29.99
The Ultimate Cross-Reference Treasury contains more cross references (over 900,000) keyed to more specific words in more verses in the Bible than can be found in any resource, print or digital. This new collection of cross-references enables anyone to study the Bible, and dig as deeply into the Bible as desired. Simply start at any verse, using any Bible translation, to discover what the rest of the Bible has to say about the subjects, topics, concepts, and ideas related to that verse.

Like you said, everything really good is extra.

Greetings Josheb,
I use Logos 8 on both my laptop and desktop, and any addition on my desktop also automatically updates on the laptop. I also have e-Sword om my laptop, and an old Quickverse v6 on the laptop, but I rarely use these except for a few resources not available on my Logos program. One reason that I prefer Logos is that I have been involved with this for many years and most of my numerous resources were obtained early on CDs and these were not very costly, but the present cost of many of these would be too expensive. Even today I was given access to a sale, and even with the discount the price on resources that I already own was surprising. I have also accessed the many monthly free books. Also I have large denomination specific resources, many books and magazines. I like the Notes feature on Logos, and have been writing notes for many years. I like the fairly new feature where the verse added to a note has the pop-up feature, and also any quotation from a book gives a link to the position in the book.

Kind regards
Trevor

The Word, bible software.
I like it as well as the others mention. but I can store the whole program on usb stick and use it Laptop, or desktop.

PICJAG, 101G.

Got a new laptop and want to install some Bible software. I've used many different programs in the past but over the past decade+ I've predominantly used QuickVerse and Logos. I like Quickverse because it is spare and easy to use. I like Logos because (if you're willing to pay for it) it is not spare and will do just about anything and everything. Sadly, QuickVerse is no longer being supported by its manufacturer and it's been sold to Logos. I also use the online tools from sources like Bibledotcom, Bible Hub, Bible Gateway, etc., but am looking for something to install on the laptop I can use offline, and something simple, straightforward, easy to use. The one idiosyncrasy I want is the ability to format copy and paste the way I like it. Quickverse was good at that whether others I've use were lacking. I've checked the "best of" websites and, besides Logos, the programs most often recommended are Accordance, Olive Tree, and E-Sword (which I have used before). I have a little disdain for the having to purchase add-ons, even though I'm not plaining using many with my laptop (my desktop has Logos and many other tools for more complex study).

Thx
I have been using ESword for over 3 decades. It is free and has almost everything I need over 40 Bible versions and other resources. I also have Logos. Esword lacks BDB and BGAD.

Update: I got them all! :LOL: I downloaded Accordance, Olive Tree, and E-Sword and have been dabbling with all of them a little each day. So far I prefer Olive Tree but it's not a big difference and all three make me miss QuickVerse.

Thx
I use Logos on both my Desk top and lap top.

Logos with all the options and One Touch tge PC Study Bible with all the options

I'm throwing this out there, but I've used BibleWorks 95 since 2001. BW is no longer available though :(
Yes, that's the problem I am having with QuickVerse. Do I install a legacy program that no longer has publisher support, or do I try something new out of which I might get 10+ years of service?

The top 3 used by professionals and students are :

1- logos
2- accordance
3- one touch- PC Study Bible

This might be helpful

I'm really into Bible software.

Some good free ones:
www.e-sword.net/ [the most famous]
theword.net/ [complicated but recommended]
www.bibleanalyzer.com/ [very clean interface]
crosswire.org/sword/index.jsp [most cross platform]
www.mysword.info/ [android but can run on PC]

And of course the big three pay as you go:

www.logos.com/ [acquired Wordsearch, largest library of all]
accordancebible.com/ [started on Mac but runs fine on PC]
www.olivetree.com/ [has good mobile versions]

And the now defunct, but extremely powerful:

www.bibleworks.com/
Quickverse [4.0 was the cleanest version]

Software I've never tried:

biblesoft.com/ [used to be PC Study Bible, heard good things but never tried]

If you know of any I missed I'm interested!

Thx
E-Sword has a free software package. You can download numerous different bibles, commentaries, etc.... for free. You can also download, for a price, the good stuff.
I'd say give it a look.

Update: I got them all! :LOL: I downloaded Accordance, Olive Tree, and E-Sword and have been dabbling with all of them a little each day. So far I prefer Olive Tree but it's not a big difference and all three make me miss QuickVerse.
Accordance?!?!?!?! You have Accordance?!?!?!? One or both kidneys? Seriously, how much does it cost? I'd love to have that, as I've watched Dr. James White use it several times.

Accordance?!?!?!?! You have Accordance?!?!?!? One or both kidneys? Seriously, how much does it cost? I'd love to have that, as I've watched Dr. James White use it several times.
I think Accordance has a free version. I have the freebie Logos. But I also have e-sword that has a lot more books/commentaries.

Would love to have a paid version of Logos.

Back