Biblical Hebrew

All science is not fake but your space travel is fake because this earth is enclosed and nobody can travel beyond Earth's enclosure. You can travel high altitude but not space because God has enclosed us in the earth like an womb. It's just not possible to get out from the earth.

Space outside the earth doesn't exist for man.

Incorrect.

___

Remember: The letter kills, the Spirit gives life. GOD is Spirit.

Satan and his messengers work only and only by /through the letters, they are a sower of tares and also killers of souls. 2Corinthians 11:v. 13 to 15:
13 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.

14 And no marvel; for Satan himself (now red Dragon-Revelation 12:v.9) is transformed into an angel of light. (The Word is light-Psalm 119:v.105)

15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers (MINISTERS OF SATAN, the TAIL of the red Dragon-Isaiah 9:v.15-16. CHECK IT.) also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose END shall be according to their works.

Be careful or then get ready

Satan doesn't appear in the Book of Isaiah. Note in Revelation 12:9 it reads "called the Devil, and Satan" (Διάβολος καὶ ὁ Σατανᾶς).
Why the two names? Because in 1 Chronicles 21:1 שטן "Satan" is translated διάβολος in the Septuagint, from which the New Testment gets "Devil", but it is Greek which also sources the name Satan.

Numbers 14:36 - by bringing up a slander (דבה) upon the land
- slander (דבה) comes from διαβολή "false accusation, slander"

The word שטן "Satan" comes from ψιθυριστής (psithuristés) meaning whisperer or slanderer.
- LSJ. as substantive, ψίθυρος, = ψιθυριστής, a whisperer, slanderer ~ διάβολοι, ψίθυροι Hsch.; cf. ψυθῶνες.

This is confirmed via Arabic.
Shayāṭīn (شَيَاطِين =ψίθυροι ), singular: Shaiṭān (ψίθυρος =شَيْطَان) are evil spirits that incite humans to sin by “whispering” (ψιθυρίζω = وَسْوَسَة, “waswasah”) to the heart (κόλπος = قَلْب qalb)

Incorrect.
The letters kill, the Spirit gives life.
The letter kills, but the Spirit gives life. The natural man receives not the things of the Spirit of GOD, for they are foolishness unto him: neither CAN KNOW THEM because they are spiritually discerned. Your thinking is from a human perspective, a stumblingblock, not from GOD's perspective. YOU ARE A KILLER OF SOULS.

Speaking of / by the Holy Scriptures, the Bible, science exists since the eternity, since the creation of Universe, its impossible to determine de age of Universe, created by the Word, the Word is from everlasting to everlasting, - the Word is GOD. What does the Word of GOD say? The Word is GOD, do you understand? If you know not this Truth it is because you were caught / swallowed by a black hole and are in the blackness of the darkness. (Your avatar is showing this)

Again: The Word is GOD. Have you never read? Paul Apostle wrote to Timothy - Timothy 6:v.20 - O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding PROFANE and vain babblings, and oppositions of SCIENCE falsely so called.

Be careful or then get ready

Satan doesn't appear in the Book of Isaiah. Note in Revelation 12:9 it reads "called the Devil, and Satan" (Διάβολος καὶ ὁ Σατανᾶς).
Why the two names? Because in 1 Chronicles 21:1 שטן "Satan" is translated διάβολος in the Septuagint, from which the New Testment gets "Devil", but it is Greek which also sources the name Satan.

The word שטן "Satan" comes from ψιθυριστής (psithuristés) meaning whisperer or slanderer.
- LSJ. as substantive, ψίθυρος, = ψιθυριστής, a whisperer, slanderer ~ διάβολοι, ψίθυροι Hsch.; cf. ψυθῶνες.

Shayāṭīn (شَيَاطِين =ψίθυροι ), singular: Shaiṭān (ψίθυρος =شَيْطَان) are evil spirits that incite humans to sin by “whispering” (ψιθυρίζω = وَسْوَسَة, “waswasah”) to the heart (κόλπος = قَلْب qalb)

The letters kill, the Spirit gives life.
The letter kills, but the Spirit gives life. The natural man receives not the things of the Spirit of GOD, for they are foolishness unto him: neither CAN KNOW THEM because they are spiritually discerned. Your thinking is from a human perspective, a stumblingblock, not from GOD's perspective. You are a killer of souls.

Only when Hebrew uses definite article before Shatan refers to The Only Adversary - The Devil in English.

Without the definite article before Saran refers to any Adversary depending on the context.

This is not a correct translation:

1Chron 21:1 And Satan stood up against Israel, and provoked David to number Israel.

The correct translation is :

1 And an adversary a stood up against Israel, and moved David to number Israel.

Translator's note:

21:1 The Hebrew word lacks the article and therefore suggests a general interpretation as “adversary” rather than “Satan.” Cf. 1Kings 11:14

Only when Hebrew uses definite article before Shatan refers to The Only Adversary - The Devil in English.

Without the definite article before Saran refers to any Adversary depending on the context.

This is not a correct translation:

1Chron 21:1 And Satan stood up against Israel, and provoked David to number Israel.

The correct translation is :

1 And an adversary a stood up against Israel, and moved David to number Israel.

Translator's note:

21:1 The Hebrew word lacks the article and therefore suggests a general interpretation as “adversary” rather than “Satan.” Cf. 1Kings 11:14

Proper names don't receive the definite article.
- 1 Chronicles 21:2 : ויאמר דויד "David said"

Who provoked David to number Israel? Satan or God?

1 Chronicles 21:1
Satan stood up against Israel, and provoked David to number Israel.

2 Samuel 24:1
And again the anger of the LORD was kindled against Israel, and he moved David against them to say, Go, number Israel and Judah

Proper names don't receive the definite article.
- 1 Chronicles 21:2 : ויאמר דויד "David said"

Who provoked David to number Israel? Satan or God?

1 Chronicles 21:1
Satan stood up against Israel, and provoked David to number Israel.

2 Samuel 24:1
And again the anger of the LORD was kindled against Israel, and he moved David against them to say, Go, number Israel and Judah
It's not Satan but YHWH.

Satan or Devil in English has no name but means 'The Adversary.' In Hebrew he can only be identified by the definite article 'HaShatan'. Without the definite article it can be just any Adversary including humans.

1Ki 11:14 The LORD raised up an adversary to Solomon: Hadad the Edomite. He was one of the king’s offspring in Edom.

וַיָּקֶם יְהוָה שָׂטָן לִשְׁלֹמֹה אֵת הֲדַד הָאֲדֹמִי מִזֶּרַע הַמֶּלֶךְ הוּא בֶּאֱדוֹם

It's not HaShatan but Shatan above.

But in Job 1:6 it's HaShatan:

6 וַיְהִי הַיּוֹם וַיָּבֹאוּ בְּנֵי הָאֱלֹהִים לְהִתְיַצֵּב עַל־יְהוָה וַיָּבוֹא גַם־הַשָּׂטָן בְּתוֹכָם

6 Now on the day when God’s sons came to present themselves before the LORD, Satan also came among them.

These are some of the examples.

Satan or Devil has no name but he is also called Serpent, Dragon because of his connection to Egypt - Pharaoh (sea serpent or sea monster/beast).

The beast of Rev 13 is connected to the Apostacy of Israel. One of his heads having deadly wound connects to Israel joining with Egypt.

Revelation is a prophetic book and it's beyond the scope of discussion here. Nevertheless, I will leave with one scripture from Revelation with connection to the two witnesses and Messiah in connection to Egypt:

Rev 11:
7 When they have finished their testimony, the beast that comes up out of the abyss will make war with them, and overcome them, and kill them.

8 Their dead bodies will be in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.

Where was our Lord crucified? It's Jerusalem, the great City represented by The Harlot - mystery Babylon - Rev 17:18.

In 1 Kings 11:14 שטן is ἔχθιστος "hostile, bitter enemy" and in Job 1:7 השטן is ψιθυριστής "whisperer, at Athens as epithet of Hermes". These are both substantive adjectives.

Last edited:
I would quibble that "Mystery Babylon" meant Rome.
No! Rome is not! It's one of the religions of the world.

The prophetic clock has always been hovering around Israel. One cannot understand the Book of Revelation without the OT.

In 1 Kings 11:14 שטן is ἔχθιστος "hostile, bitter enemy" and in Job 1:7 השטן is ψιθυριστής "whisperer, at Athens as epithet of Hermes". These are both substantive adjectives.
The OT scriptures are in Hebrew. There is no definite article before Satan in 1Kings 11:14 and there is definite article before Satan in Job. That's the difference to make in Hebrew between just an Adversary and The Adversary. That's my point. Whether it's used as adjective elsewhere is not my point.

I

The OT scriptures are in Hebrew. There is no definite article before Satan in 1Kings 11:14 and there is definite article before Satan in Job. That's the difference to make in Hebrew between just an Adversary and The Adversary. That's my point. Whether it's used as adjective elsewhere is not my point.

I

This is what i know about the definite article, from my Phoenician notes.

1. The noun with the article may be followed by the adjective which qualifies it, with the article repeated.

2. An adjective without an article, which follows a noun, is a predicate article

3. proper nouns may take an article

4. abstract nouns take the article

5. nouns qualified by a demonstrative pronoun take the article

6. numerals take the article

7. articles appear generally as a demonstrative or personal pronoun

8. sometimes without a substantive, the article stands for he, she, it

9. adjectives used as nouns take the article

10. The article may have a generic force, marking an object as the representative of a class

11. sometimes the article had a distributive force, meaning "each"

12. the article may precede a whole clause considered as a noun

13. the article may stand for the relative (who, which)

This is what i know about the definite article, from my Phoenician notes.

1. The noun with the article may be followed by the adjective which qualifies it, with the article repeated.

2. An adjective without an article, which follows a noun, is a predicate article

3. proper nouns may take an article

4. abstract nouns take the article

5. nouns qualified by a demonstrative pronoun take the article

6. numerals take the article

7. articles appear generally as a demonstrative or personal pronoun

8. sometimes without a substantive, the article stands for he, she, it

9. adjectives used as nouns take the article

10. The article may have a generic force, marking an object as the representative of a class

11. sometimes the article had a distributive force, meaning "each"

12. the article may precede a whole clause considered as a noun

13. the article may stand for the relative (who, which)

I say it again The Satan has no proper name and is identified by the definite article before Shatan and if it doesn't come without definite article then it can be any Adversary. That's my point. English translation shows it to be. Not your grammar rules. It's as simple. Don't complicate things.

Scriptures are understood by comparing spiritual with spiritual as taught by the Spirit of Messiah and not by grammar rules made by men.

Jews and Torah experts knew their language well but then why most of them rejected Messiah? It's because they didn't understand the Spirit behind the scriptures. So, don't be too much obsessed with grammar several do here in these threads. Most of them don't even agree with one another on doctrines.

Can you explain by your grammar rules why Moses' rod became 'Nachash' as a sign to Israelites while it became ''Tanyin' before Egyptians?

Exod 4:3 וַיֹּאמֶר הַשְׁלִיכֵהוּ אַרְצָה וַיַּשְׁלִיכֵהוּ אַרְצָה וַיְהִי לְנָחָשׁ וַיָּנָס מֹשֶׁה מִפָּנָי

Exodus 7:10 וַיָּבֹא מֹשֶׁה וְאַהֲרֹן אֶל־פַּרְעֹה וַיַּעַשׂו כֵן כַּאֲשֶׁר צִוָּה יְהוָה וַיַּשְׁלֵךְ אַהֲרֹן אֶת־מַטֵּהוּ לִפְנֵי פַרְעֹה וְלִפְנֵי עֲבָדָיו וַיְהִי לְתַנִּין:

Why different signs to Israel and Egypt?

Last edited:
I believe תנין means πτηνός "flying, winged" , probably a shortening of “πτηνός ὄφις” (Winged snake), which probably indicates that the staff was a κηρύκειον (kērū́keion).

לתנין - ἐς πτηνόν ; into a winged (snake)
לנחש - ἐς ὄφῖν ; into a snake

ל־ is not a definite article, but an enclitic post position, to denote motion towards or into/to.

I believe תנין means πτηνός "flying, winged" , probably a shortening of “πτηνός ὄφις” (Winged snake), which probably indicates that the staff was a κηρύκειον (kērū́keion).

לתנין - ἐς πτηνόν ; into a winged (snake)
לנחש - ἐς ὄφῖν ; into a snake

ל־ is not a definite article, but an enclitic post position, to denote motion towards or into/to.
I didn't say about definite article on quoted scriptures -Exod 4:3 and 7:10

Please don't twist my posts.

I asked you if you can determine by your grammar lessons why different words are used for 'serpent' in Hebrew as signs to Israel and Egypt. I didn't ask you about definite article in either Exod 4:3 and 7:10.

I know the meanings of 'Nachash' and 'Tanyin'. But do you understand why?

Last edited:
I am not confident that Hebrew words in the Scriptures are informed by similar-sounding Greek words.
Hebrew is different from Greek altogether. We can only compare NT Greek with LXX dictionary.

All the guys on these language threads only show off their fleshly skills but devoid of spiritual understanding.

I am not confident that Hebrew words in the Scriptures are informed by similar-sounding Greek words.

Biblical Hebrew is very comparable to classical Greek.

Deuteronomy 29:14 "I make this covenant"
אנכי כרת את־הברית הזאת
ἐγώγε ρητάομαι τάν ῥήτραν τήνδε

The verb ρητάομαι classical Greek is written ϝρητάομαι (ϝrētáomai) or βρητάομαι (vritaoma), cf. ברית (brit)
- ϝρητάομαι ; make a treaty or agreement with = כרת
- ῥήτρα, Elean ϝράτρα ; verbal agreement, bargain, covenant = ברית

The Septuagint reads ἐγὼ διατίθεμαι τὴν διαθήκην ταύτην instead using synonyms, the Hebrew for διατίθημι is צוה.

In strong's, כרת and ברית are unexplained words, often theologians interpret כרת את־הברית הזאת as "I have cut this meat", which is just bad semantics.

Too much emphases is put on similar-sounding Hebrew words, take for example נחש, which as different meanings.

נחש
1. to practice divination (verb) H5172
2. divination, enchantment. H5173
3. copper, bronze H5174
5. serpent, snake H5175

This presents a semantic problem. Is a snake called נחש because its the colour of נחש "copper" or because snakes נחש "enchant". This is why the Ancient Greek language is important for understanding Phoenician vocabulary, which is written without vowels.

Dig and Dog have the same consonants, so if both these words are written דג, one could say, called דג "dog" because they דג "dig".

נחש
1. ἐκγοητεύω, γοητεύω ; bewitch, beguile
2. γοητεία ; witchcraft, jugglery, cheating
3. ἔχιδνα ; viper, constrictor snake
4. ὀφίδιον, Dim. of ὄφις (צפע, אפעה) ; snake, serpent
5. καυχός, Cretan for χαλκός ; copper

Back