"biblically based"

I believe it is just what it states--those who sit upon the throne of God:

Revelation 3:21---King James Version
21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

So--do you believe that is true, IE--that those who inherit eternal life will sit upon His throne--just as He overcame--and sat down on His Father's throne?

The question then becomes--what are those who sit upon the throne of God?

Just so that violates your theology--does not mean it isn't true.

What a load of hooey.
What did John say Overcometh means, in the Bible? It was a simple question…but again diverted to justify you God complex. Who is the audience here, just men, or men and women, or men, women, and children?

How doe that violate my theology please explain this random accusation? You are simply making things up in a vain attempt to support your God Complex?

LOL..just saying hooey does not erase your need to justify that the church teaches you can become a God and have lots of virgin brides. What is “hooey” is your inability, and obviously reluctance to discuss and admit you have a delusion of becoming a God…are that embarrassed of this doctrine…I certainly would be and was.

That's what the scripture teaches. Maybe Jesus was being sarcastic. What do you think?

Overcoming the world is the opposite of following the world.
It might be what the LDS church teaches, that is what I Think. I believe Jesus is God and Savior…Not a tool to use in trying to justify y a God complex forced on me by a church.

I asked “what does John teach (in the Bible) what overcometh means? I am sure you have studied this verse and did you homework with cross reference and such…inorder to understand the audience, context, and interpretation…and hopefully finally application to your life. So, give me your complete interpretation and exegesis of the passage talking point you are parroting.

A group of mormon's isn't church. Standing and "preaching" from the Bible doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a laundry room makes you a washing machine. John 3:7.
That is so true, a church does not make anyone a Christian....Standing and "preaching" from the Bible doesn't make you a Christian.
So what does one have to do to be a Christian, this is a valid question, so in your own words and not the Bible, what makes a Chrisitan?

Lastdays--I have asked you--and other critics here--what do you find in the Biblical NT--which isn't found in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints--as far as salvational doctrines go?

Crickets, so far.

So--if the critics here are going to accuse the LDS of not being Biblically based, as far as the salvational doctrines found in the NT--then they should be willing to list those salvational doctrines.

Jesus came only for the lost sheep of Israel... No Mormons here... The Goats end up in eternal fire...

Matthew 10
5 These twelve Jesus sent out, instructing them, “Go nowhere among the Gentiles and enter no town of the Samaritans, 6 but go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel. 7 And proclaim as you go, saying, ‘The kingdom of heaven is at hand.’

Matthew 15
24 He (Jesus) answered, “I was sent only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.”

Matthew 25:33
33 And he will place the sheep on his right, but the goats on the left.
34 Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world.
41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.

John 10:16
And other sheep I have which are not of this fold; them also I must bring, and they will hear My voice; and there will be one flock and one shepherd.

Lastdays--I have asked you--and other critics here--what do you find in the Biblical NT--which isn't found in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints--as far as salvational doctrines go?

Crickets, so far.

So--if the critics here are going to accuse the LDS of not being Biblically based, as far as the salvational doctrines found in the NT--then they should be willing to list those salvational doctrines.
Jesus elected his people...

Matthew 24
22 And unless those days were shortened, no flesh would be saved; but for the elect’s sake those days will be shortened.

23 “Then if anyone says to you, ‘Look, here is the Christ!’ or ‘There!’ do not believe it. 24 For false christs and false prophets will rise and show great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect. 25 See, I have told you beforehand.

Luke 18
6 Then the Lord said, “Hear what the unjust judge said. 7 And shall God not avenge His own elect who cry out day and night to Him, though He bears long with them? 8 I tell you that He will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless, when the Son of Man comes, will He really find faith on the earth?”

Romans 11
7 What then? Israel has not obtained what it seeks; but the elect have obtained it, and the rest were blinded.

This isn't part of Mormonism...

What did John say Overcometh means, in the Bible?

Could you give us a specific reference to what you are referring to?

My point of interest was what those who overcome inherit--which you avoided.

21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

It was a simple question…but again diverted ....

I believe the diversion began when you circumvented my question:

dberrie2020 said: " I believe it is just what it states--those who sit upon the throne of God:

The question then becomes--what are those who sit upon the throne of God?"

Again--what are those who sit upon the throne of God--just as the Savior does--according to the above scripture?

Jesus elected his people...

Matthew 24
22 And unless those days were shortened, no flesh would be saved; but for the elect’s sake those days will be shortened.

23 “Then if anyone says to you, ‘Look, here is the Christ!’ or ‘There!’ do not believe it. 24 For false christs and false prophets will rise and show great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect. 25 See, I have told you beforehand.

Luke 18
6 Then the Lord said, “Hear what the unjust judge said. 7 And shall God not avenge His own elect who cry out day and night to Him, though He bears long with them? 8 I tell you that He will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless, when the Son of Man comes, will He really find faith on the earth?”

Romans 11
7 What then? Israel has not obtained what it seeks; but the elect have obtained it, and the rest were blinded.

This isn't part of Mormonism...

It most certainly is. What is your evidence otherwise?

Jesus came only for the lost sheep of Israel... No Mormons here... The Goats end up in eternal fire...

I'm not here to discuss your prejudices, nor your straw man constructions--but this is what the scriptures testify to:

1 John 2:2---King James Version
2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

Matthew 10
5 These twelve Jesus sent out, instructing them, “Go nowhere among the Gentiles and enter no town of the Samaritans, 6 but go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel. 7 And proclaim as you go, saying, ‘The kingdom of heaven is at hand.’

That was only until the fulfillment of God's contract with natural Israel----after they rejected Him--

Matthew 28:19---King James Version
19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

Ever heard of a man named Paul? Wasn't he a missionary to the Gentiles?

Matthew 25:33
33 And he will place the sheep on his right, but the goats on the left.
34 Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world.
41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.

And what evidence do you have the sheep do not include those outside of traditional Jews?

God grafts all those who follow Him into the seed of Abraham--including Gentiles:

Galatians 3:26-29---King James Version
26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.
27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Romans 2:5-11---King James Version
5 But after thy hardness and impenitent heart treasurest up unto thyself wrath against the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God;
6 Who will render to every man according to his deeds:
7 To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life:
8 But unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath,
9 Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile;
10 But glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile:
11 For there is no respect of persons with God.

would you give us a specific reference to what you are referring to?

My point of interest was what those who overcome inherit--which you avoided.

No, open the Bible and find it, I'll give you a hint, it is in 1 john. John states what overcometh means DB...and while you're
at it what symbolism means. Those that also "overcomth" sit down on the throne of Grace. By your interpretation folks are going to be doing a lot of sitting.

But again, this is another attempt to support you God complex...and your Mo and pattern is consistent in this.
I believe the diversion began when you circumvented my question:

dberrie2020 said: " I believe it is just what it states--those who sit upon the throne of God:

The question then becomes--what are those who sit upon the throne of God?"

Again--what are those who sit upon the throne of God--just as the Savior does--according to the above scripture?

Well again read 1 John and see who overcometh and what John says that means...you can do it. I need you to find it on your own, so you will read in context, in that you ignore the answers folks give you here. John answers everyone of your questions here. But you have to read and do a little study...just pasting color coded verses, that look like a child with crayons wrote them, is not expounding on what you believe.

Again, your posts seem to always lead to one objective, which is that you can become a God. DB just live with that if it what you believe. Trying to convince others is not working...even Mormons here aren't buying it.

I'm not here to discuss your prejudices, nor your straw man constructions--but this is what the scriptures testify to:

1 John 2:2---King James Version
2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

That was only until the fulfillment of God's contract with natural Israel----after they rejected Him--

Matthew 28:19---King James Version
19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

Ever heard of a man named Paul? Wasn't he a missionary to the Gentiles?

And what evidence do you have the sheep do not include those outside of traditional Jews?

God grafts all those who follow Him into the seed of Abraham--including Gentiles:

Galatians 3:26-29---King James Version
26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.
27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Romans 2:5-11---King James Version
5 But after thy hardness and impenitent heart treasurest up unto thyself wrath against the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God;
6 Who will render to every man according to his deeds:
7 To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life:
8 But unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath,
9 Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile;
10 But glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile:
11 For there is no respect of persons with God.

Many are called and few are chosen...

God grafts in those whom he has chosen. Paul calls those who follow Christ the Israel of God.
Paul also lets us know that we are now a part of Israel.

16 And as many as walk according to this rule, peace be on them, and mercy, and upon the Israel of God.

12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:
13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.
14 For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;

Paul also lets us know that due to election not all of Israel is Israel...

6 Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:

For those who have not come to this knowledge before, there is National Israel and Saved or Spiritual Israel.

God does not respect those who reject His Son and His Law.

The LDS Church is not part of Israel...

Markk said: What did John say Overcometh means, in the Bible?

dberrie2020 said: would you give us a specific reference to what you are referring to?

I didn't think so.

Those that also "overcomth" sit down on the throne of Grace.

It does not state "throne of Grace":

By your interpretation folks are going to be doing a lot of sitting.

How does that mitigate the fact they sit on the throne of God? Again--what are those who sit on that throne?

Again, your posts seem to always lead to one objective, which is that you can become a God.

So--you believe this is an example of that?

Last edited:
Many are called and few are chosen...

God grafts in those whom he has chosen. Paul calls those who follow Christ the Israel of God.
Paul also lets us know that we are now a part of Israel.

16 And as many as walk according to this rule, peace be on them, and mercy, and upon the Israel of God.

12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:
13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.
14 For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;

Paul also lets us know that due to election not all of Israel is Israel...

6 Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:

For those who have not come to this knowledge before, there is National Israel and Saved or Spiritual Israel.

Could you explain for us how this differs from LDS theology?

It might be what the LDS church teaches, that is what I Think. I believe Jesus is God and Savior…Not a tool to use in trying to justify y a God complex forced on me by a church.
None of that makes any sense. It looks to me like you're mumbling to yourself.
I asked “what does John teach (in the Bible) what overcometh means?
Fine. Here's your opportunity to correct me.
I am sure you have studied this verse and did you homework with cross reference and such…inorder to understand the audience, context, and interpretation…
It's not really important if I did or not. What's important is if you did and that you can now correct me. I doubt you can and that now you're just making excuses for not actually arguing the point.

But to be sure, this is the question you asked. That was the question I answered. If you believe you can exegete another answer out of the text, please feel free to do so. Gaslighting is not an answer.
What do you believe overcometh means?

Back