Biden Explanation from our friends on the left . . . Please?

Carol

At the moment it seems that the Law & Order president needs to focus on getting re-elected. But as a matter of constitutional fact the president is the chief law enforcement officer of the land and the justice department appears nowhere in the Constitution of the United States. So the Law & Order president can get to the bottom of this with or without the justice department.

I didn't ask what he CAN do. And what he needs to do is his job.

Thistle

I didn't ask what he CAN do. And what he needs to do is his job.
If your standard for evaluating presidents is the amount of presidential work they accomplish then Donald Trump must be your favorite President in the entire world.

J regia

If your standard for evaluating presidents is the amount of presidential work they accomplish then Donald Trump must be your favorite President in the entire world.
He certainly isn't a conservative since he's ripped everything apart to satisfy his ego.

J regia

I'm sure if you tried you could be more oblique, but I'm not entirely sure how.
By definition conservatives are conservative and don't change anything and just maintain the status quo, which is why your constitution is your bible.

And the Oxford English Dictionary defines the word "conservative" as "disposed to maintain existing institutions, moderate, cautious, purposely low....."

Last edited:

Thistle

By definition conservatives are conservative and don't change anything and just maintain the status quo, which is why your constitution is your bible.

And the Oxford English Dictionary defines the word "conservative" as "disposed to maintain existing institutions, moderate, cautious, purposely low....."
How about this: we don't destroy things just because we don't know why they are necessary, adventitious or meritorious. Oh, you mean the plug I threw overboard was the thing that kept the sea from rushing into the hole, and sinking the ship? Sorry . . . I'll make note of that for future reference.

J regia

How about this: we don't destroy things just because we don't know why they are necessary, adventitious or meritorious. Oh, you mean the plug I threw overboard was the thing that kept the sea from rushing into the hole, and sinking the ship? Sorry . . . I'll make note of that for future reference.
Alas none of that usual silly obfuscation changes the definition of the word "conservative".

J regia

Once again I have no evidence that Juglands has even the slightest clue what American Conservatives agree on.
Doesn't change the fact that even Blind Freddy can clearly see that Das Fuehrer Trump is obviously not a conservative as defined by the Oxford English Dictionary. And that word "conservative" is not a synonym for an extreme right-wing white-supremacist

Last edited:

Carol

Well, Hillary still hasn't gotten so much as a slap on the hand....

So he hasn't said if he'll be doing anything? I heard Bannon yesterday say just what I said- he should be calling people into the oval office and getting explanations.

Or is this - as I heard claimed - just another "Russian hoax "?

Carol

Agreements with other countries, the health system, racial equality etc.

What "agreements with other countries "? Please be specific.

Health care isn't Fed Govs responsibility.

Nothing he's done has "ripped apart " racial equality.

Thistle

Alas none of that usual silly obfuscation changes the definition of the word "conservative".
Excuse me but there is more than one definition of conservative, and the only definition that is relevant here is how the word is used in America to identify a set of political positions, which is quite variable. So the only "obfuscation" we have here, you have introduced.

Thistle

Well, Hillary still hasn't gotten so much as a slap on the hand....
Did you notice AG Sessions recusing himself, or Special Counsel Muller's three year investigation, or the impeachment trial in January? Are you Rip Van Winkle? Where have you been for the last four years?
So he hasn't said if he'll be doing anything?
Generally speaking the presidents job is not fighting of a coup launched by the administrative state. But in spite of the fact he has been doing that, successfully I might add, he has been doing more of the regular stuff a president does than any president in our lifetime.
I heard Bannon yesterday say just what I said- he should be calling people into the oval office and getting explanations.
Agreed.
Or is this - as I heard claimed - just another "Russian hoax "?
Is what another "Russia hoax?"