Biden Gun Control, Parkland School Shooting, Nicholas Cruz and Obama Promise Program.

Harry Leggs

On Parkland anniversary, Biden calls for tougher gun laws​

Sorrow is reverberating across the country Sunday as Americans joined a Florida community in remembering the 17 lives lost three years ago in the Parkland school shooting massacre

Broward schools sidestep state law on Promise program that lead to Parkland shooting​

The idea behind it wasn’t to reduce violence – it was to drop the large number of arrests of black teens for minor offenses.
The Obama administration considered it a model for other school districts to follow after arrests dropped dramatically. But it was clearly just a numbers game. The program came under attack after the Stoneman Douglas tragedy.
Critics argued it allowed the killer (Nicholas Cruz) to stay off the radar of police while he committed multiple infractions.
---------------------------------
“I want to know what the f*** happened with this kid,” Kim said, beginning her tirade anew. “This s*** doesn’t just happen. I bet he was shuffled through the whole f***** system without anyone ever really looking at him. I bet he was way behind grade level but got passed along anyway because principals wanted to keep their f****** promotion numbers up. I bet he was special ed and should never have even been in this school, but we take crazy kids and put them in normal classrooms and think, ‘Aren’t we so f****** inclusive?’ I bet he was acting crazy the whole time he was here, but nothing ever happened because the administrators hid all his s*** to make this f****** school look safe.

Ignoring Death Threats

Cruz’s first day as a full-time MSD student was January 11, 2016. On February 5, 2016, a woman called the Broward sheriff’s office to report an Instagram post in which Cruz showed off a gun and wrote, “I am going to get this gun and shoot up the school.” The officer who responded to the call, Edward Eason, informed the woman that Cruz’s Instagram post “was protected by the First Amendment right of free speech.”

Eason was wrong on both counts. Threatening to shoot up a school is a felony that, if successfully prosecuted, could have prohibited Cruz from buying a firearm. (And even if Cruz was not convicted, an arrest could have gone a long way toward law enforcement taking future reports about Cruz seriously.)

Pollack, Andrew; Eden, Max. Why Meadow Died: The People and Policies That Created The Parkland Shooter and Endanger America's Students . Post Hill Press. Kindle Edition.

------------------------
The point being, it was Obama/Biden leniency policies that enabled Cruz to fly under the radar and buy the gun legally. Now Biden is attempting to spin it all to avoid responsibility for the ugly consequences of this program. Nicholas Cruz should have never been able to legally buy the gun in the first place. Many immediately suspected Cruz was the killer. Prior behavior includes bringing dead animals to school fighting and death threats. The problem here is not gun control, it is failure to enforce student code of conduct or academic standards. Cruz was a failure in both. Also school security failures which enabled Cruz to enter the school with gun, case, and ammo. Load the gun is school and kill at random.

Last edited:

vibise

On Parkland anniversary, Biden calls for tougher gun laws​

Sorrow is reverberating across the country Sunday as Americans joined a Florida community in remembering the 17 lives lost three years ago in the Parkland school shooting massacre

Broward schools sidestep state law on Promise program that lead to Parkland shooting​

The idea behind it wasn’t to reduce violence – it was to drop the large number of arrests of black teens for minor offenses.
The Obama administration considered it a model for other school districts to follow after arrests dropped dramatically. But it was clearly just a numbers game. The program came under attack after the Stoneman Douglas tragedy.
Critics argued it allowed the killer (Nicholas Cruz) to stay off the radar of police while he committed multiple infractions.
---------------------------------
“I want to know what the f*** happened with this kid,” Kim said, beginning her tirade anew. “This s*** doesn’t just happen. I bet he was shuffled through the whole f***** system without anyone ever really looking at him. I bet he was way behind grade level but got passed along anyway because principals wanted to keep their f****** promotion numbers up. I bet he was special ed and should never have even been in this school, but we take crazy kids and put them in normal classrooms and think, ‘Aren’t we so f****** inclusive?’ I bet he was acting crazy the whole time he was here, but nothing ever happened because the administrators hid all his s*** to make this f****** school look safe.

Ignoring Death Threats

Cruz’s first day as a full-time MSD student was January 11, 2016. On February 5, 2016, a woman called the Broward sheriff’s office to report an Instagram post in which Cruz showed off a gun and wrote, “I am going to get this gun and shoot up the school.” The officer who responded to the call, Edward Eason, informed the woman that Cruz’s Instagram post “was protected by the First Amendment right of free speech.”

Eason was wrong on both counts. Threatening to shoot up a school is a felony that, if successfully prosecuted, could have prohibited Cruz from buying a firearm. (And even if Cruz was not convicted, an arrest could have gone a long way toward law enforcement taking future reports about Cruz seriously.)

Pollack, Andrew; Eden, Max. Why Meadow Died: The People and Policies That Created The Parkland Shooter and Endanger America's Students . Post Hill Press. Kindle Edition.

------------------------
The point being, it was Obama/Biden leniency policies that enabled Cruz to fly under the radar and buy the gun legally. Now Biden is attempting to spin it all to avoid responsibility for the ugly consequences of this program. Nicholas Cruz should have never been able to legally buy the gun in the first place. Many immediately suspected Cruz was the killer. Prior behavior includes bringing dead animals to school fighting and death threats. The problem here is not gun control, it is failure to enforce student code of conduct or academic standards. Cruz was a failure in both. Also school security failures which enabled Cruz to enter the school with gun, case, and ammo. Load the gun is school and kill at random.
So yes, let's tighten up and enhance restrictions on gun ownership and make sure those restrictions are enforced. I agree!

I doubt, however, that there will be support for this from the right wing, as the GOP has objected to red flag laws, restrictions on gun ownership by people with mental illness or under restraining orders, and universal background checks.

Harry Leggs

So yes, let's tighten up and enhance restrictions on gun ownership and make sure those restrictions are enforced. I agree!

I doubt, however, that there will be support for this from the right wing, as the GOP has objected to red flag laws, restrictions on gun ownership by people with mental illness or under restraining orders, and universal background checks.
No the problem is not with guns. It is with enforcement of existing laws that would have prevented Cruz from legally purchasing a gun. The problem is with school security which allowed Cruz to walk on campus and enter the school with a gun in case and ammo. They knew Cruz was a nut case. If they would have done their jobs, Cruz would have never made it into the school.

Brady bill is already an overreach in gun control which bans gun ownership for life for misdemeanor offenses related to domestic abuse.

The Brady Bill requires that background checks be conducted on individuals before a firearm may be purchased from a federally licensed dealer, manufacturer or importer—unless an exception applies. If there are no additional state restrictions, a firearm may be transferred to an individual upon approval by the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS) maintained by the FBI. In some states, proof of a previous background check can be used to bypass the NICS check. For example, a state-issued concealed carry permit usually includes a background check equivalent to the one required by the Act. Other alternatives to the NICS check include state-issued handgun purchase permits or mandatory state or local background checks.[citation needed]

In Section 922(g) of title 18, United States Code the Brady Bill prohibits certain persons from shipping or transporting any firearm in interstate or foreign commerce, or receiving any firearm which has been shipped or transported in interstate or foreign commerce, or possessing any firearm in or affecting commerce. These prohibitions apply to any person who:

1. Has been convicted in any court of a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding one year;
  2. Is a fugitive from justice;
  3. Is an unlawful user of or addicted to any controlled substance;
  4. Has been adjudicated as a mental defective or committed to a mental institution;
  5. Is an alien illegally or unlawfully in the United States;
  6. Has been discharged from the Armed Forces under dishonorable conditions;
  7. Having been a citizen of the United States, has renounced U.S. citizenship;
  8. Is subject to a court order that restrains the person from harassing, stalking, or threatening an intimate partner or child of such intimate partner, or;
  9. Has been convicted in any court of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence.
Cruz should have been outed and banned from school grounds long before the fact. Carrying dead animals and threatening others was reason enough for restraining order type banning Cruz from school property. Instead they let this psycho walk on campus with a gun and did not one thing to stop him. After he got into the school and loaded the gun it was all over. All he needed was maybe six minutes to kill multiple students and staff. It was epic failure from the school all the way up to Obama. Blaming guns is a dodge and spin.

Last edited:

Authentic Nouveau

Why do you support terrorists at BLM and antifa?

Your Marxist brown shirts won't enforce laws.

Ignatius

Why should they support it? How may restrictions are you comfortable with on the manufactured "right" to abortion? This is an actual explicit right. Your whining is tiresome.

Authentic Nouveau

Your left wing criminals will not obey the laws.

Chicago is solid proof that all your nonsensical rules will never work.

If you don't like facts, look at Juarez. Even tougher to buy guns in Mexico.

Why are you irrational?

Democrate stronghold chicago
YTD

Shot & Killed: 73
Shot & Wounded: 263
Total Shot: 336
Total Homicides: 74