Biden has won

Hypatia_Alexandria

Where have you been? We have had wailing and teeth-gnashing here for days. And some major-league delusions.
I suppose Trump will try to mount legal challenges but to what avail I have no idea.

Of course he also now faces this possibility.

Septextura

I'm fine. Everything's fine.

J regia

But how are the 538 actual voters selected in December, and how many of them will vote for Faith Spotted Eagle or Colin Powell this time?

Loki

Loki

I suppose Trump will try to mount legal challenges but to what avail I have no idea.

Of course he also now faces this possibility.

That's why I started a thread on the potential for a Trump self-pardon a week ago or so. I was hoping to get opinions on the matter before the election, but encountered a surprising level of hostility and bitterness in response from Trump supporters. Perhaps now people will consider the possibility more carefully.

Temujin

That's why I started a thread on the potential for a Trump self-pardon a week ago or so. I was hoping to get opinions on the matter before the election, but encountered a surprising level of hostility and bitterness in response from Trump supporters. Perhaps now people will consider the possibility more carefully.
I think he will dodge the question. He will resign at the last minute and get Pence to pardon him.

Loki

Temujin

I wonder how Trump will take to being in the same club as Jimmy Carter and George HW Bush? I presume not well, although both of those men are/were far better human beings who took their job as president seriously.
It will be interesting to see how history judges him. There is a strong groundswell that he is the worst president ever, yet there are others who say he did do some good things, despite being a completely nauseating human being. I doubt very much he will be rehabilitated as much as Carter. He won't live long enough for one thing. Much will depend on how much he is prepared to damage his brand over the next few weeks.

Loki

I don't think there is any doubt he will go down as one of the worst presidents in our nation's history.

Nouveau

Congratulations to Biden and the American people.

I'm sure Trump will handle defeat with the same grace and composure that has defined his presidency.