Bidens arrest

I just read the following...

They tell us that Joe Biden received the most popular votes of any presidential candidate in American history, they tell us he is a true ‘man of the people’. So why does this ‘most popular’ presidential candidate of all time need 26,000 armed troops to protect him from?
. . . all those voters who are not permitted to enter Washington DC? I think we have to consider the possibility that the left is so deranged that they actually believe the stuff that they say. It would be impossible for all of them to believe that claptrap, but clearly some of them actually do. Which is pretty dangerous.

I just did some research into what some (hopefully, not most) Trump supporters think is going to happen in the next twelve or so hours. In summary:

- sometime today, Trump signed the "Insurrection Act", whatever that may be
- tomorrow morning, Trump is going to declare martial law
- Trump will announce the declaration of martial law via the "Emergency Broadcast System"
- Biden
will be arrested, and Trump will be sworn in to his second term

We'll know soon enough how accurate these predictions are...
Not going to happen. Quite listening to and reading the words of the lying fake news.

. . . all those voters who are not permitted to enter Washington DC? I think we have to consider the possibility that the left is so deranged that they actually believe the stuff that they say. It would be impossible for all of them to believe that claptrap, but clearly some of them actually do. Which is pretty dangerous.
Dem politicians know their lies EXACTLY...

I'm very sorry to correct you mister veteran, but I just watched my son take that oath at Fort Lenard Wood. I'm not guessing.
You are totally incorrect the oath is before basic training.

I, (NAME), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.

I think we would do well not to give in to the right-wing extremists' effort to raise their respectability by counting all conservatives as being on their side. The set of people that call themselves conservatives is much larger and has a more admirable history than the set of people that approve of the right-wing extremists, such as we saw on Jan. 6th. That is why I have been careful to use the term "right-wing extremists" or similar narrow terms in place of "conservatives" so as to concede as little as possible and to offend as little as possible. If Joe Biden is going to be successful in bringing this nation together he is going to have to negotiate with decent conservatives like Mitt Romney and others. This will not be possible if all conservatives are labelled as "enemies of the people" and are treated as such. We can still oppose the nut cases that continue to chant "stop the steal" by isolating them as much as possible. To do this we liberals need the help of good conservatives, which is why it pains me to see "conservatives have always been bad" above. And we can still advocate for liberal values without demonizing all conservatives, which is something (I am told) Joe Biden is exceptionally good at.
You're right, of course. I'm usually pretty careful to differentiate between conservatives and their deformed brothers and sisters who've been born with a right leg significantly shorter than their left. While those malformed / hard-right-leaning conservatives appear to hold a majority in their clan, there's always been a smaller group of moderate conservatives who distanced themselves from this so-called president. Their country needs them now, more than ever.

I just read the following...

They tell us that Joe Biden received the most popular votes of any presidential candidate in American history, they tell us he is a true ‘man of the people’. So why does this ‘most popular’ presidential candidate of all time need 26,000 armed troops to protect him from?
America-hating fascists.

Tick
Tock

I, (NAME), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.
To further this it is an obligation of a soldier to refuse illegal orders.

I think we would do well not to give in to the right-wing extremists' effort to raise their respectability by counting all conservatives as being on their side. The set of people that call themselves conservatives is much larger and has a more admirable history than the set of people that approve of the right-wing extremists, such as we saw on Jan. 6th. That is why I have been careful to use the term "right-wing extremists" or similar narrow terms in place of "conservatives" so as to concede as little as possible and to offend as little as possible. If Joe Biden is going to be successful in bringing this nation together he is going to have to negotiate with decent conservatives like Mitt Romney
Mitt Romney is a man without a country. He represents no one except whoever it is that is filling his campaign coffers. When he is in an election cycle we know what the press who is carrying him around on their shoulders will say about him. He tortures dogs by putting them on top of his car, what else? Just like when he was running against Obama. Mitt Romney and Lynn Cheney don't have a friend in the world, because Republican voters won't support them in season or out, and the establishment press will lower the boom on them in season.
and others. This will not be possible if all conservatives are labelled as "enemies of the people" and are treated as such.
I appreciate the conciliatory sentiment, but anyone who kicks Donald Trump in the pants on the way out the door, will have the support of virtually no Republican voters.
We can still oppose the nut cases that continue to chant "stop the steal" by isolating them as much as possible.
Stealing elections is a serious matter.
To do this we liberals need the help of good conservatives,
When you say "good conservatives" do you mean neocons? Because yes, those guys are already in Biden's camp. Those guys, by which I mean the Biden crew, and the neocons can't wait to start another war. Their going to get along famously.
which is why it pains me to see "conservatives have always been bad" above.
Right, staying out of war is terrible. Now we have the military industrial complex firmly in charge again.
And we can still advocate for liberal values without demonizing all conservatives,
That is great to hear now. Where were you when Donald Trump were getting liberal policies actually accomplished?
which is something (I am told) Joe Biden is exceptionally good at.
Biden has this skill, I see no indication he intends to use it. But here is the real question about tolerance, and I appreciate the tone of your post, if conservatives like Hillary supporters in 2016 start talking about "resistance," will you be as tolerant of their free speech as conservatives have been of the left for four years? That is really the only bottom line respecting whether or not tolerance is just a word or something real.

As Mitt Romney said, they need to be told the truth, which is that Trump lost fair and square.
The right knows what the left knows, the left does not know what the right knows. Who do you think Mitt Romney was talking to. Hint: he was talking to his multinational contributors, not Republicans. He knows that Republicans know exactly what the left believes to be true. The people who are out of the information loop is the left.

I think we would do well not to give in to the right-wing extremists' effort to raise their respectability by counting all conservatives as being on their side. The set of people that call themselves conservatives is much larger and has a more admirable history than the set of people that approve of the right-wing extremists, such as we saw on Jan. 6th.
👍

The right knows what the left knows, the left does not know what the right knows. Who do you think Mitt Romney was talking to. Hint: he was talking to his multinational contributors, not Republicans. He knows that Republicans know exactly what the left believes to be true. The people who are out of the information loop is the left.
Amen.

Obviously, I am not.

You just proved me correct "I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me."

Not correct.
I said in relevant part "The armed forces swear an oath to obey the orders of the President of the United States." as you were kind enough to get the exact words in which we read, in relevant part, "I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me." So I think we can say that I'm correct.

I just did some research into what some (hopefully, not most) Trump supporters think is going to happen in the next twelve or so hours. In summary:

- sometime today, Trump signed the "Insurrection Act", whatever that may be
- tomorrow morning, Trump is going to declare martial law
- Trump will announce the declaration of martial law via the "Emergency Broadcast System"
- Biden
will be arrested, and Trump will be sworn in to his second term

We'll know soon enough how accurate these predictions are...
Right, there are definitely some right wing kooks, who have been insisting Trumps has been playing 13 dimensional chess since the beginning of last year.

I said in relevant part "The armed forces swear an oath to obey the orders of the President of the United States." as you were kind enough to get the exact words in which we read, in relevant part, "I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me." So I think we can say that I'm correct.
Not exactly because there is a fine distinction. The oath is to the constitution and you must obey the potus except when the orders are illegal and then the soldier has a duty to disobey.

I think people like Nancy Pelosi does. I'm not so sure about AOC.
Ok. I think they all do. I'm sure they confer and agree on the talking points, thus the recurrent aping of specific words and phrases as they speak, in fact, I believe that on many things, they confer with unMedia on the points where aping of words and phrases is also heard.

Ok. I think they all do. I'm sure they confer and agree on the talking points, thus the recurrent aping of specific words and phrases as they speak, in fact, I believe that on many things, they confer with unMedia on the points where aping of words and phrases is also heard.
Oh, absolutely.

Back