Blunt facts, not EDITED LANGUAGE

BMS

You don't know what 'strawman' means. A person's position cannot be a strawman.
Yes I know what a strawman is, and it applies to an person's position or argument, otherwise a strawman is a scarecrow.
You dont know what a woman is.

Point 2 is unrelated to the thread.
Point 2 is crucial to the thread hence your avoidance addressing it because it exposes your position. It is crucial because when you refer to a 'woman' we dont yet know what you mean.

The rights to privacy and bodily autonomy - rights that everybody (even a conservative) agrees to and depends upon - except when they feel like ignoring them for women. I know you, as a conservative, couldn't care less about anybody else's rights, but many of us think they are important.
Ah so that is what you are imagining. Though what are you imagining as 'women'?

BMS

Twaddle. The Bible never mentions abortion.
Correct. But she didn't write 'abortion' in that post so what are you referring to as twaddle?
The Bible mentions the baby in the womb, and God's plans for it. Abortion is a man made idea.

A man who calls himself a transwoman is a man

Electric Skeptic

Yes I know what a strawman is, and it applies to an person's position or argument, otherwise a strawman is a scarecrow.
Wrong again. Consult a dictionary.
You dont know what a woman is.

Point 2 is crucial to the thread hence your avoidance addressing it because it exposes your position. It is crucial because when you refer to a 'woman' we dont yet know what you mean.

Ah so that is what you are imagining. Though what are you imagining as 'women'?
Not interested in this childishness.

BMS

Wrong again. Consult a dictionary.
I consulted a dictionary, Collins, Oxford etc, which one are you using, Mr Pixie's fairy tale dictionary?
I already knew from observable reality what a woman is. I am asking you to see what you understand, without which it is no good you talking about women when we dont know what you mean.

Electric Skeptic

I consulted a dictionary, Collins, Oxford etc, which one are you using, Mr Pixie's fairy tale dictionary?
Apparently you didn't understand what you read. A person's opinion is not and cannot be a strawman
I already knew from observable reality what a woman is. I am asking you to see what you understand, without which it is no good you talking about women when we dont know what you mean.

Electric Skeptic

So you support the sufferring or had you chosen not to address the point put to you?
Not to kill the offspring by choice..the offspring needs rights. Why would you deny the right to life of the offspring?
I support the woman's right to determine what happens in and to her body. That right overrides any right to life the fetus might be considered to have.

I've no idea why that is so hard to understand. It has been my consistent position since I started posting on this forum over a decade ago.

BMS

Apparently you didn't understand what you read.
Yes I did. Apparently you havent understood what you have written. We can have a look at it if you want.

A person's opinion is not and cannot be a strawman
A strawman is a scarecrow . Otherwise
an intentionally misrepresented proposition that is set up because it is easier to defeat than an opponent's real argument
Can be an opinion.

yes you are, you just cant answer it

Electric Skeptic

Yes I did. Apparently you havent understood what you have written. We can have a look at it if you want.
You demonstrate below that you don't understand it.
A strawman is a scarecrow . Otherwise
an intentionally misrepresented proposition that is set up because it is easier to defeat than an opponent's real argument
Can be an opinion.
No, it cannot.
yes you are, you just cant answer it
Still not interested.

BMS

You demonstrate below that you don't understand it.
I do understand it and can lead you through understanding it as well if you want.

No, it cannot.
How? A definition of opinion is..
a view or judgement formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.
So I would argue an opinion could be used to misrepresent

Still not interested.
Then what are you doing on a debating forum? The fact is you cant clarify without it being imaginary and a lie.

Electric Skeptic

I do understand it and can lead you through understanding it as well if you want.
No, you don't - as you again make clear.
How? A definition of opinion is..
a view or judgement formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.
So I would argue an opinion could be used to misrepresent
You don't even understand what you're saying.
Then what are you doing on a debating forum? The fact is you cant clarify without it being imaginary and a lie.
I'm debating. The fact is that I am not willing to go along with your childish attempts to divert and change the topic. I'm quite happy to address any questions you have - and have consistently done so - in the appropriate thread(s).

BMS

No, you don't - as you again make clear.
yes I can, just ask

You don't even understand what you're saying.
In what way. What did I say that you dont agree with or understand?

I'm debating.
not when you arent interested enough to address the points put to you. What do you understand by 'debate'?

The fact is that I am not willing to go along with your childish attempts to divert and change the topic. I'm quite happy to address any questions you have - and have consistently done so - in the appropriate thread(s).
Not childish, if you used the word woman and you cant clarify what you mean by 'woman' as opposed to 'man' then there must be something wrong with your understanding. Certainly if we dont know its no good you using the word and expecting us to know what you mean.

Besides only a woman can be pregnant and from what you have said that begs the question whether you understand whom you are talking about?

Electric Skeptic

yes I can, just ask
No, you cannot, as you constantly demonstrate.
In what way. What did I say that you dont agree with or understand?
That you imagine an opinion could be a strawman.
not when you arent interested enough to address the points put to you. What do you understand by 'debate'?
Consult a dictionary.
Not childish, if you used the word woman and you cant clarify what you mean by 'woman' as opposed to 'man' then there must be something wrong with your understanding. Certainly if we dont know its no good you using the word and expecting us to know what you mean.

Besides only a woman can be pregnant and from what you have said that begs the question whether you understand whom you are talking about?
Still not interested in this childishness.

BMS

No, you cannot, as you constantly demonstrate.

That you imagine an opinion could be a strawman.

Consult a dictionary.

Still not interested in this childishness.
Asking questions about what to write is not childish. It shows you cant defend your position