Board problems

What are you using? Safari? Firefox? Google Chrome? Something other?
I'm on a PC, and I use Firefox, Chrome, and occasionally Opera, and I have never experienced any of the reported problems. I do not have any problems posting at all. I also have a Mac laptop, and use Firefox on it, and have never had a problem on that, either.

One thing that does not work is being notified by email when someone posts to a thread I am following. Occasionally I'll get an email, but most of the time I do not. Also, when I went to register last summer, I about gave up because I tried three or four times and never received the email I was supposed to receive to complete the registration. I tried one more time, and it went through. And no, they were not in spam. They were simply never sent.

Still broken. I've been having to log in and out for every post for two months now, and even then some posts won't go through, even when broken into separate posts. It sure would be reassuring to know that the problem is at least still being actively worked on, if that is in fact the case.

Browser Console: "Some cookies are misusing the recommended “SameSite“ attribute"
I think they are two different - though possibly related - issues.

The problem with certain "killer" words is relatively rare, but it started first, maybe a couple of months earlier. For some reason the software just decides it does not like a certain word, even though it is a common word you have used plenty of times elsewhere. I guess it has happened to me a dozen or so times, and seems more likely when I copy-and-paste from another web site, but I think that is just because the post tends to be longer.

Still broken. I've been having to log in and out for every post for two months now, and even then some posts won't go through, even when broken into separate posts. It sure would be reassuring to know that the problem is at least still being actively worked on, if that is in fact the case.

Browser Console: "Some cookies are misusing the recommended “SameSite“ attribute"
I have similar problems. I keep the site open on two different tabs. As soon as I get the oops message, I switch to the inactive tab, log out, log back in then switch back to the original tab. When I do that, I retain my place on the site, including any posts ready to post, and the problem is fixed. For a short while. Like you, I would like some assurance that the problem is still being worked on and what progress , if any has been made. It's been a long time now

Seems to be significantly quieter here (in the Secular section where I post anyway).

I wonder if this issue is putting people off posting. A forum needs a "critical mass" of posters to keep it interesting for people to keep coming back. I am worried CARM will lose that and will dwindle into obscurity.

Seems to be significantly quieter here (in the Secular section where I post anyway).

I wonder if this issue is putting people off posting. A forum needs a "critical mass" of posters to keep it interesting for people to keep coming back. I am worried CARM will lose that and will dwindle into obscurity.
Not sure why this issue can't be fixed, but there's probably going to be an entire overhaul again soon.

Back