Book of Mormon, Joseph Smith Taught This

:):) Richard7 hasn't paid attention to LDS leaders :):)

This is not just another Church. This is not just one of a family of Christian churches. This is the Church and kingdom of God, the only true Church upon the face of the earth..."

True
- Prophet Ezra Taft Benson, Teachings of Ezra Taft Benson, p.164-165.

"What is it that inspires professors of Christianity generally with a hope of salvation? It is that smooth, sophisticated influence of the devil, by which he deceives the whole world".

- Prophet Joseph Smith, Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith, p.270.

"...all the priests who adhere to the sectarian religions of the day with all their followers, without one exception, receive their portion with the devil and his angels."

- Prophet Joseph Smith , The Elders Journal, Joseph Smith Jr., editor, vol.1, no.4, p.60.

"Both Catholics and Protestants are nothing less than the 'whore of Babylon' whom the Lord denounces by the mouth of John the Revelator as having corrupted all the earth by their fornications and wickedness. Any person who shall be so corrupt as to receive a holy ordinance of the Gospel from the ministers of any of these apostate churches will be sent down to hell with them, unless they repent".

- Apostle Orson Pratt proclaimed, The Seer, p. 255
A little harsh but not inaccurate per say compared to Jesus Christ telling JS not to join any of the other churches..

19 I was answered that I must join none of them, for they were all wrong; and the Personage who addressed me said that all their creeds were an abomination in his sight; that those professors were all corrupt; that: “they draw near to me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me, they teach for doctrines the commandments of men, having a form of godliness, but they deny the power thereof.”

Apostle Orson Pratt proclaimed, The Seer, p. 255
Baptism in order to be acceptable
in the sight of God must be adminis-
tered by a man ordained of God and
authorized of Jesus Christ, otherwise,

it will be a solemn mockery before
God, and highly sinful in His sight.
But who in this generation have au-
thority to baptize ? None but those
who have received authority in the
church of Jesus Christ of Latter day
Saints : all other churches are en-
tirely destitute of all authority from
God ; and any person who receives
Baptism or the Lord's supper from
their hands will highly oflend God ;
for he looks upon them as the most
corrupt of all people. Both Catho-
lics and Proterlants are nothing less
than the "whore of Babylon" whom
the Lord denounces by the mouth of
John the Revelator as having cor-
rupted all the earth by their fornica-
tions and wickedness. And any per-
son who shall be so wicked as to re-
ceive a holy ordinance of the gospel
from the ministers of any of tin se
apostate churches will be sent dow r n
to hell with them, unless they repent
of the unholy and impious act. If
any penitent believer desires to obtain
forgiveness of sins through baptism,
let him beware of having any thing to
do with the churches of apostate
Christendom, lest he perish in the
au ful plagues and judgments, denoun-

ced against them. The only per-
sons among all nations, kindreds,
tongues, and people who have author-
ity from Jesus Christ to administer
any gospel ordinance are those called
and authorized among the Latter-day
Saints. Before the restoration of the
church of Christ to the earth in the
year 1830, there have been no people
on the earth for many generations
possessing authority from God to min-
ister gospel ordinances. We a^ain re-
peat, beware of the hypocritical false
teachers and imposters of Babylon.

"After the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints was organized, there were only two churches upon the earth. They were known respectively as the Church of the Lamb of God and Babylon. The various organizations which are called churches throughout Christendom, though differing in their creeds and organizations, have one common origin. They all belong to Babylon".

- George Q. Cannon said, Gospel Truth, p.324.

"When the light came to me I saw that all the so-called Christian world was grovelling in darkness."

- Prophet Brigham Young, Journal of Discourses 5:73.

"With a regard to true theology, a more ignorant people never lived than the present so-called Christian world."

- Prophet Brigham Young, Journal of Discourses 8:199.

"The Christian world, so-called, are heathens as to the knowledge of the salvation of God".

- Prophet Brigham Young, Journal of Discourses 8:171.
True

True

A little harsh but not inaccurate per say compared to Jesus Christ telling JS not to join any of the other churches..

19 I was answered that I must join none of them, for they were all wrong; and the Personage who addressed me said that all their creeds were an abomination in his sight; that those professors were all corrupt; that: “they draw near to me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me, they teach for doctrines the commandments of men, having a form of godliness, but they deny the power thereof.”

Apostle Orson Pratt proclaimed, The Seer, p. 255
Baptism in order to be acceptable
in the sight of God must be adminis-
tered by a man ordained of God and
authorized of Jesus Christ, otherwise,

it will be a solemn mockery before
God, and highly sinful in His sight.
But who in this generation have au-
thority to baptize ? None but those
who have received authority in the
church of Jesus Christ of Latter day
Saints : all other churches are en-
tirely destitute of all authority from
God ; and any person who receives
Baptism or the Lord's supper from
their hands will highly oflend God ;
for he looks upon them as the most

sons among all nations, kindreds,
tongues, and people who have author-
ity from Jesus Christ to administer
any gospel ordinance are those called
and authorized among the Latter-day
Saints. Before the restoration of the
church of Christ to the earth in the
year 1830, there have been no people
on the earth for many generations
possessing authority from God to min-
ister gospel ordinances. We a^ain re-
peat, beware of the hypocritical false
teachers and imposters of Babylon.

True
Richard7
Bingo again... never seen so much bias and intolerance and hate toward another religion... and one more thing she is great at... Sensationalism...

Looks like Richard7 is the pot calling the kettle black

Richard7
Bingo again... never seen so much bias and intolerance and hate toward another religion... and one more thing she is great at... Sensationalism...

Looks like Richard7 is the pot calling the kettle black
Huh, I believe you don't know how to use that phrase properly.. chuckle.
I just pointed out I agree with it somewhat, I would substitute Protestants and Catholics with not the people but with the doctrine of Protestants and Catholics... hmm

that all their creeds were an abomination in his sight;

Huh, I believe you don't know how to use that phrase properly.. chuckle.
I just pointed out I agree with it somewhat, I would substitute Protestants and Catholics with not the people but with the doctrine of Protestants and Catholics... hmm

that all their creeds were an abomination in his sight;
A fine example of sensationalism.

You are funny. Jesus paraphrased that from Isa 29:13...in Matt and Mark's gospel. So if JS was reading his scripture he would have known it already.

Our Father did NOT give us up for adoption by a Brother as Mormons teach.

If we are adopted--then someone gave us up for adoption--and that could only be the Father.

Hebrews 2:9-17---New American Standard Bible
9 But we do see Him who was made for a little while lower than the angels, namely, Jesus, because of His suffering death crowned with glory and honor, so that by the grace of God He might taste death for everyone.
10 For it was fitting for Him, for whom are all things, and through whom are all things, in bringing many sons to glory, to perfect the ]originator of their salvation through sufferings.
11 For both He who sanctifies and those who are sanctified are all from one Father; for this reason He is not ashamed to call them brothers and sisters,
12 saying, “I will proclaim Your name to My brothers, In the midst of the assembly I will sing Your praise.”
13 And again, “I will put My trust in Him.” And again, “Behold, I and the children whom God has given Me.”
14 Therefore, since the children share in flesh and blood, He Himself likewise also partook of the same, so that through death He might destroy the one who has the power of death, that is, the devil,
15 and free those who through fear of death were subject to slavery all their lives.
16 For clearly He does not give help to angels, but He gives help to the descendants of Abraham.
17 Therefore, in all things He had to be made like His brothers so that He might become a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make propitiation for the sins of the people.

Janice--the original Father cannot adopt. He has no reason to. The adoption has to be to someone other than the original Father. Who is it?

Why does Christ refer to them as "brothers and sisters"? Why is the one who sanctifies and they who are sanctified--all from one Father?

If so--wouldn't they be brothers and sisters?

If we are adopted--then someone gave us up for adoption--and that could only be the Father.

Hebrews 2:9-17---New American Standard Bible
9 But we do see Him who was made for a little while lower than the angels, namely, Jesus, because of His suffering death crowned with glory and honor, so that by the grace of God He might taste death for everyone.
10 For it was fitting for Him, for whom are all things, and through whom are all things, in bringing many sons to glory, to perfect the ]originator of their salvation through sufferings.
11 For both He who sanctifies and those who are sanctified are all from one Father; for this reason He is not ashamed to call them brothers and sisters,
12 saying, “I will proclaim Your name to My brothers, In the midst of the assembly I will sing Your praise.”
13 And again, “I will put My trust in Him.” And again, “Behold, I and the children whom God has given Me.”
14 Therefore, since the children share in flesh and blood, He Himself likewise also partook of the same, so that through death He might destroy the one who has the power of death, that is, the devil,
15 and free those who through fear of death were subject to slavery all their lives.
16 For clearly He does not give help to angels, but He gives help to the descendants of Abraham.
17 Therefore, in all things He had to be made like His brothers so that He might become a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make propitiation for the sins of the people.

Janice--the original Father cannot adopt. He has no reason to. The adoption has to be to someone other than the original Father. Who is it?

Why does Christ refer to them as "brothers and sisters"? Why is the one who sanctifies and they who are sanctified--all from one Father?

If so--wouldn't they be brothers and sisters?
Lol you are funny. When Jesus said ...you are of your father the devil...who was he speaking to?
The adoption only applies to the redeemed.Therefore the original father is adopting. We are all from one father.

Lol you are funny. When Jesus said ...you are of your father the devil...who was he speaking to?

He was speaking to those who rejected their original Father--and served other gods--and I think this applies here:

Romans 6:16---King James Version
16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?

That in no way identifies who their original F(f) ather is. You are aware they all still had an earthly father--as the originator of their flesh? A Father of their spirit?

Hebrews 12:9---King James Version
9 Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?

The adoption only applies to the redeemed.Therefore the original father is adopting.

In an adoption--the original Father cannot adopt. He has no reason to. They are already the children of the original Father.

We are all from one father.

If that is true--then why the adoption?

He was speaking to those who rejected their original Father--and served other gods--and I think this applies here:

Romans 6:16---King James Version
16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?

That in no way identifies who their original F(f) ather is. You are aware they all still had an earthly father--as the originator of their flesh? A Father of their spirit?

Hebrews 12:9---King James Version
9 Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?

In an adoption--the original Father cannot adopt. He has no reason to. They are already the children of the original Father.

If that is true--then why the adoption?
My Father in Heaven is not the Father of wicked people. He adopts the ones He saves. The Pharisees were children of the devil.

John 8:44
“Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.”

We are all fallen creatures descended from Adam until we are brought to life in Christ. God is not a creature or creation of Christ. The whole world lieth in wickedness.

2 Corinthians 5:17
Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

Back