Born Again

TomFL

How did they manage to believe in order to receive the Spirit?

Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law, or by believing what you heard? Galatians 3:2
She will never answer

I have noted the same verses multiple times

Jn 7:38,39 Gal 3:2, 5,14

Our Lord's God

You must have the Spirit to believe. Faith is the fruit of the Spirit Gal 5 22

But this says they received the Spirit as a result of believing. How did that happen?

Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law, or by believing what you heard? Galatians 3:2

brightfame52

But this says they received the Spirit as a result of believing. How did that happen?

I know what that says. Still Faith is the fruit of the Spirit Gal 5 22 and one must be of God to hear Gods words Jn 8 47

Our Lord's God

I know what that says. Still Faith is the fruit of the Spirit Gal 5 22 and one must be of God to hear Gods words Jn 8 47

Yes we know faith is a fruit of the Spirit. So is patience and kindness. Paul didn't say anything about an inability to believe or be patient or kind without having the Spirit.

But Galatians 3:2 says they received the Spirit having believed what they heard. Receiving the Spirit was the RESULT of believing not the other way around.

brightfame52

Yes we know faith is a fruit of the Spirit. So is patience and kindness. Paul didn't say anything about an inability to believe or be patient or kind without having the Spirit.

But Galatians 3:2 says they received the Spirit having believed what they heard. Receiving the Spirit was the RESULT of believing not the other way around.
Man can do those things physically, naturally, which is nothing but fruit unto death. When it comes to do spiritual things, like believe on Christ, you must be born again. Anyone spiritually hearing and believing, had to be born again before they could do so, Faith is the fruit of the Spirit.

Our Lord's God

Man can do those things physically, naturally, which is nothing but fruit unto death.

That's nice but Paul is talking about receiving the Spirit at Galatians 3:2. That would be the Spirit which gives life.

When it comes to do spiritual things, like believe on Christ, you must be born again. Anyone spiritually hearing and believing, had to be born again before they could do so, Faith is the fruit of the Spirit.

So did Paul say they received the Spirit by believing what they heard or did believe what they heard by receiving the Spirit?

You just need to be actually honest with yourself. Do you think you can manage it?

brightfame52

Context determines meaning

The verse is in the context says nothing

That's nice but Paul is talking about receiving the Spirit.

So did Paul they received the Spirit by believing what they heard or did believe what they heard by receiving the Spirit?
They were already born again to be believers. Faith is the fruit of the Spirit. There is no believing the Gospel for Salvation without being born again first. So you dont understand the verse you are referencing.

Our Lord's God

They were already born again to be believers.

We aren't talking about whether they were born again believers. We are talking about which came first: (1) believing what they heard, or (2) receiving the Spirit.

Faith is the fruit of the Spirit. There is no believing the Gospel for Salvation without being born again first. So you dont understand the verse you are referencing.

If faith is the result of having received the Spirit rather than receiving the Spirit is the result of faith, why then does it say, "Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law, or by believing what you heard? Galatians 3:2

So which came first according to Galatians 3:2 -
1. Believing what they heard
2. Receiving the Spirit

brightfame52

We aren't talking about whether they were born again believers. We are talking about which came first: (1) believing what they heard, or (2) receiving the Spirit.

If faith is the result of having received the Spirit rather than receiving the Spirit is the result of faith, why then does it say, "Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law, or by believing what you heard? Galatians 3:2

So which came first according to Galatians 3:2 -
1. Believing what they heard
2. Receiving the Spirit
I already told you. Cant have Faith without having been born again. Believing is evidence one has been born again, I did a thread on that here.

Our Lord's God

I already told you. Cant have Faith without having been born again. Believing is evidence one has been born again, I did a thread on that here.

What does Galatians 3:2 say? Did they receive the Spirit because they believed or did they believe because they had received the Spirit? What does it say?

TomFL

They were already born again to be believers. Faith is the fruit of the Spirit. There is no believing the Gospel for Salvation without being born again first. So you dont understand the verse you are referencing.
You need faith before you receive the spirit

you need faith beforer you have the fruit of the spirit

Those withot faith do not have the spirit

or the fruit of the spirit

brightfame52

What does Galatians 3:2 say? Did they receive the Spirit because they believed or did they believe because they had received the Spirit? What does it say?
Im not going to get into Gal 3:2 with you. I know you dont understand it though because believing is the evidence of having been born again.

brightfame52

You need faith before you receive the spirit

you need faith beforer you have the fruit of the spirit

Those withot faith do not have the spirit

or the fruit of the spirit
No sir, you need to be born of the Spirit to have Faith, Faith is the fruit of the Spirit.

TomFL

No sir, you need to be born of the Spirit to have Faith, Faith is the fruit of the Spirit.
Sorry you are in error

1 Pet. 1:18–23 —KJV
“Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers;
But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:
Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you,
Who by him do believe in God, that raised him up from the dead, and gave him glory; that your faith and hope might be in God.
Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently:
Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.”

John 5:24 —KJV
“Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.”

John 5:40 —KJV
“And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.”

John 20:31 —KJV
“But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.”

brightfame52

Sorry you are in error

1 Pet. 1:18–23 —KJV
“Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers;
But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:
Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you,
Who by him do believe in God, that raised him up from the dead, and gave him glory; that your faith and hope might be in God.
Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently:
Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.”

John 5:24 —KJV
“Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.”

John 5:40 —KJV
“And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.”

John 20:31 —KJV
“But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.”
You in error. One must be born of the Spirit in order to believe the Gospel. Faith to believe is the fruit of the Spirit.