Born Again

TomFL

Im not going to get into Gal 3:2 with you. I know you dont understand it though because believing is the evidence of having been born again.
You do notb have a clue

The fruit of the spirit is the result of the spirits indwelling and you cannot have the spirit without faith

John 7:39 (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)

Eph. 3:16 That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man;
Eph. 3:17 That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love,

Gal. 3:2 This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?

Gal. 3:5 He therefore that ministereth to you the Spirit, and worketh miracles among you, doeth he it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?

Gal. 3:14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

Our Lord's God

You do notb have a clue

The fruit of the spirit is the result of the spirits indwelling and you cannot have the spirit without faith

John 7:39 (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)

Eph. 3:16 That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man;
Eph. 3:17 That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love,

Gal. 3:2 This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?

Gal. 3:5 He therefore that ministereth to you the Spirit, and worketh miracles among you, doeth he it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?

Gal. 3:14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

13 This is why I speak to them in parables:
“Though seeing, they do not see;
though hearing, they do not hear or understand.
14 In them is fulfilled the prophecy of Isaiah:
“‘You will be ever hearing but never understanding;
you will be ever seeing but never perceiving.
15 For this people’s heart has become calloused;
they hardly hear with their ears,
and they have closed their eyes.
Otherwise they might see with their eyes,
hear with their ears,
understand with their hearts
and turn, and I would heal them.’

Some make sure they do not see. Resolution of the facts is to be avoided at all costs. Some do not want to be told there is no Santy Claus.

brightfame52

bob c
The O.T. Saints Had the Holy Spirit ON them, but they were ALL still in their SIN and hadn't been cleansed - YET.
David said something like this Ps 103 10-12

He hath not dealt with us after our sins;
nor rewarded us according to our iniquities.
11 For as the heaven is high above the earth,
so great is his mercy toward them that fear him.
12 As far as the east is from the west,
so far hath he removed our transgressions from us.

TomFL

bob c

David said something like this Ps 103 10-12

He hath not dealt with us after our sins;
nor rewarded us according to our iniquities.
11 For as the heaven is high above the earth,
so great is his mercy toward them that fear him.
12 As far as the east is from the west,

And this is what

Our Lord's God

You cant have Faith without first having the Spirit, Faith is the fruit/work of the Spirit.

That's not what Scripture says:

Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law, or by believing what you heard? Galatians 3:2

Why do you insist on denying Scripture? Have you no shame?

brightfame52

You do notb have a clue

Im not going to discuss[Gal 3:2] what its saying with you. I know that believing the Gospel is the evidence of having been born again.

Our Lord's God

I know what it means, you dont. Again, one cannot believe the Gospel without having been born of the Spirit.

Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law, or by believing what you heard? Galatians 3:2

brightfame52

Scripture says a lot of things you dont understand, believing in Christ is the evidence of one having been born again.