British Atheist: "evil done by Satan is at God's instruction"

Authentic Nouveau

So, you agree that all the evil done by Satan is at God's instruction. Making God, not Satan responsible for evil?

Atheists who assert there is NOGOD claim Satan does evil and is so instructed by GOD.

So when atheists practice slavery and torture, they are "following instructions from God"?

It is easy to allow atheists to showcase their irrational movement.

The Pixie

Atheists who assert there is NOGOD claim Satan does evil and is so instructed by GOD.

So when atheists practice slavery and torture, they are "following instructions from God"?

I think you have missed an important aspect of what TeabagSalad is saying, and this is sadly all too common around here.

You need to remember that TeabagSalad is an atheist, so does not believe either Satan or God exists. His point is that Christianity is incoherent, and therefore must be wrong. According to the Bible, God is responsible for everything Satan does, which means God is responsible for all the evil in the world. However, Christianity also claims God is perfectly good.

TeabagSalad is pointing that these two are contradictory, and that Christianity makes no sense.

TeabagSalad

I think you have missed an important aspect of what TeabagSalad is saying, and this is sadly all too common around here.

You need to remember that TeabagSalad is an atheist, so does not believe either Satan or God exists. His point is that Christianity is incoherent, and therefore must be wrong. According to the Bible, God is responsible for everything Satan does, which means God is responsible for all the evil in the world. However, Christianity also claims God is perfectly good.

TeabagSalad is pointing that these two are contradictory, and that Christianity makes no sense.
Spot on!

Hypatia_Alexandria

Here's an interesting piece of information from Walther Zimmerli's 1978 work, Old Testament Theology in Outline:

When the term "Satan" appears in the Old Testament, it should not be associated with a dualistic world view or a doctrine of two eons. At first it refers to a human accuser; later it comes to mean an accuser from the divine realm, who brings guilt to light, in some cases by instigating it.

"Satan" is basically not a proper name but a functional term. The verb means "show enmity." Thus śātān can mean a political opponent. In 1 Samuel 29:4, the Philistines send David back before attacking Saul so that he will not become an "adversary" in the battle. 1 Kings 11:14, 23, 25 lists the "adversaries" who rise up against Solomon during his reign. At the same time, the word can take on the overtones of "tempter." In 2 Samuel 19:23, David berates the sons of Zeruiah, who sought to induce him to take vengeance, calling them his "adversaries," "satans”.

:)

Authentic Nouveau

Looks like the atheeist kooks miss what Jesus ordered

“‘You shall worship the Lord your God and him only shall you serve.’” (Matt. 4:10;)

Now we have proof the Atheeist devil disobeys Jesus.

The Pixie

I doubt He responds well to snarky arrogance.
Right. So much for "God is Love".

The reality is he just loves those who suck up to him.

"Objection?" You yourself said we were in agreement. Confused?
I am confused, so congratulations there, you have achieved your goal.

As usual you are flip-flopping from one thing to another. I say God is responsible for all evil, at first you agree, then you disagree. It you could try to stick o one or the other... Or just explain.... But that will never happen, because that would alleviate the confusion you work so hard for.

Do you think acting like a jerk makes Christianity look good, stiggy? Do you think spreading confusion is going to win converts?

stiggy wiggy

Right. So much for "God is Love".

The reality is he just loves those who suck up to him.like you.

He loves us all. Even snarkters

I am confused, so congratulations there, you have achieved your goal.

That's like congratulating Roy Rogers for Trigger having a tail.

As usual you are flip-flopping from one thing to another. I say God is responsible for all evil, at first you agree, then you disagree.

WRONG! Thus your failure to show either one.

Hypatia_Alexandria

Put up or shut up. Show us that verse.

Neither you nor he has demonstrated that God is responsible for Satan's actions.
It would appear that your deity is not omnipotent if it cannot control this other entity.

That is dualism. Two equally powerful entities [light and dark] struggling for control over humankind.

The Pixie

Put up or shut up. Show us that verse.

Neither you nor he has demonstrated that God is responsible for Satan's actions.
No problem. Read Job. All through the book Satan does bad things to Job - not least of all, slaughting his family. In the final chapter, it states very clearly that God was behind it all.

Job 42:11 Then all his brothers, all his sisters, and all who had known him before came to him, and they ate bread with him in his house; and they sympathized with him and comforted him for all the adversities that the Lord had brought on him. And each one gave him a [c]piece of money, and each a ring of gold.

I should said this from the start, but I have quote the verse to Authie so often now, I assumed he just knows what I am referring to.

J regia

Why was Satan created, and was Satan created more or less than 6000 years ago?