Bronx Zoo Elephant Not a Person Court Rules

Then doubtless you will be able to provide the post number where you do so. Surely no one would be so arrogant or stupid as to make abusive, sarcastic remarks like this without checking? Would they?
Define "right". Please don't define it as "Things I approve of, which therefore come from God."

Yes, one is provided with food and shelter by the government if not able to provide for oneself. Every civilised country does this.
He can define it as coming from.God.

Yoi dont have a right to dictate that ?

Then doubtless you will be able to provide the post number where you do so. Surely no one would be so arrogant or stupid as to make abusive, sarcastic remarks like this without checking? Would they?
Define "right". Please don't define it as "Things I approve of, which therefore come from God."

Yes, one is provided with food and shelter by the government if not able to provide for oneself. Every civilised country does this.
I am able. Will I? No. You get confused a lot dont you? I'm not the least bit concerned with how stupid etc etc etc you imply I may or may not be. Do you understand that? Your personal feelings about me have no bearing on the conversation. If you don't want to continue knowing that, then let me know and I won't bother anymore.

So you're not able to pay for your own healthcare? You poor soul. Luck they have "the dole" there. Isn't that what it's called? Maybe if you got a job that would help you.

He can define it as coming from.God.

Yoi dont have a right to dictate that ?
Rights surely do come from God but that's only a portion of my argument. They certainly don't come from the government as the government didn't give me my life so starting from that fact we can suggest at least if rights don't come from God that doesn't necessarily mean they come from government.

People like our friend here get confused and think because government gives things and takes things away they are the grantor of rights. That reasoning is like seeing a rooster crowing when the sun rises and concluding that's what makes the sun rise. Ridiculous.

Most scary to me is how easily they turn over their rights to the government.

Reactions: BMS
If we take this to a higher level, what rights do you think we will have as citizens of the kingdom of God in the New Jerusalem? Ephesians 2:19. Rev 21:1-8

I'm just curious. I don't have an answer to this question.
Not sure of the connection to the discussion but my thoughts are that we have no rights in the kingdom of heaven. Here on earth however God has endowed us with certain rights.

Not sure of the connection to the discussion but my thoughts are that we have no rights in the kingdom of heaven. Here on earth however God has endowed us with certain rights.
What are rights in general? Who determines our rights? God vs government? Do the unborn have rights? It's all connected. Right?

Something to which you have a moral entitlement.

God determines them governments protect them

Of course they have rights as they have a life. This isn't the kingdom of God
I forgot to include the rights of the woman who is pregnant. What are her rights?

I am able. Will I? No. You get confused a lot dont you? I'm not the least bit concerned with how stupid etc etc etc you imply I may or may not be. Do you understand that? Your personal feelings about me have no bearing on the conversation. If you don't want to continue knowing that, then let me know and I won't bother anymore.

So you're not able to pay for your own healthcare? You poor soul. Luck they have "the dole" there. Isn't that what it's called? Maybe if you got a job that would help you.
You are clearly not interested in your apparent honesty or lack of it. You would perhaps prefer to be thought a dishonest arrogant fool than have this confirmed by the facts. I have checked back through the thread. You have not answered the question I posed, not even close. Nor have you even attempted to. You can run away from the truth, but it remains there, clear to all.

You are clearly not interested in your apparent honesty or lack of it. You would perhaps prefer to be thought a dishonest arrogant fool than have this confirmed by the facts. I have checked back through the thread. You have not answered the question I posed, not even close. Nor have you even attempted to. You can run away from the truth, but it remains there, clear to all.
You say that to everyone who doesnt agree with you?

I understand that you think the rights we have on earth come from God as our Creator. Which would mean our right to life is self-evident in that only God has the right to take away our life (since he gave it to us) as well as anyone he gives the authority to do so. What are the other rights God has given us? Perhaps the right to procreate? (Be fruitful and multiply) Can you provide evidence of the other rights you speak of from the Bible?

Last edited:
You say that to everyone who doesnt agree with you?
No. I have said it to two people. You being one of them. There are many people here who I don't agree with who are by no means dishonest, arrogant or foolish. Some I have learnt a great deal from. Some are the most admirable people here. In my opinion, of course.

Then I made a mistake. Again what you think of me is irrelevant. Are we done here?

I understand that you think the rights we have on earth come from God as our Creator. Which would mean our right to life is self-evident in that only God has the right to take away our life (since he gave it to us) as well as anyone he gives the authority to do so. What are the other rights God has given us? Perhaps the right to procreate? (Be fruitful and multiply) Can you provide evidence of these rights from the Bible?
God doesn't give the authority for anyone to take someone elses life away. The government doesn't but that's not saying they have a right to do it. I am opposed to capital punishment.

The other rights we have a basic to human nature. No one who is healthy physically and/or mentally wants to be killed, enslaved, lied to or about or have their property taken from them. Slaver owners didn't want to the slaves and bank robbers would should complain if their house got broken into.

Their situation is uniquely female. Should they have a special right in this situation?
What does that mean? They are female so they can terminate a human life?????? No I don't believe they should and I've never heard a good argument for such a thing.

Reactions: BMS
I know this is may sound like a ridiculous question but please indulge me, do you think we will have the right to leave the kingdom once we are there?

Back