BTW, we don't believe the Father and the Son are "separate individuals".

Yahchristian

BTW, we don't believe the Father and the Son are "separate individuals".

So if someone WERE to believe the Father and the Son ARE "separate individuals"...

Would their belief system be POLYTHEISTIC?

I say Yes.

P.S.

Here is an overview of what I believe...

For this creation, YHWH God (the only one who transcends all creations) determined to create a universe with a kingdom of redeemed humans (living souls) for his glory where he would reign as a living soul himself. The Scriptures describe how God would accomplish his plan. In an instant, transcendent God (called God the Father) created the supernatural and space-time of this universe and also became immanent as a spirit (called the Spirit of God) and in the form of a living soul (called the Word of God) with a glorious body. God the Father then created all things within the universe by the power of the Spirit of God commanded by the Word of God. But whereas God created a human spirit and soul for each of us, God himself as the Word became the human spirit and soul of Jesus. At his conception, Jesus' glorious body was changed to a mortal body to be made like us so he could make reconciliation for our sins. At his resurrection, Jesus' mortal body was changed back to a glorious body and he will also give each of his elect a glorious body when he returns to reign in his kingdom forever.

So if someone WERE to believe the Father and the Son ARE "separate individuals"...

I say Yes.

The use of the term "separate" categorically denys the monotheism of Trinitarians. I'm not saying ignorant people wouldn't be so sloppy with their words, but then again, I'm not here to correct them or play a game with you as you try to get me to misspeak. Trinitarianism isn't hurt at all, your position isn't bolstered at all, because some Trinitarian misspeaks. So I ask: why are you asking things like this? Are you just playing meaningless word games?

God Bless

I say Yes.
AV Mt 19:17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? [there is] none good but one, [that is], God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

I believe you are working off a bad definition of GOD. Currently, your opinion calls Jesus a liar.

AV Jn 5:30-31 I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me. 31 If I bear witness of myself, my witness is not true.

Within the GODhead, are sentient "will" divine beings, noting Jesus statement of Himself.

Check Question:
AV Mt 24:36 But of that day and hour knoweth no [man], no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

Given your definition of GOD, How can Jesus' statement be True ???

Yours in Christ, Michael

So I ask: why are you asking things like this? Are you just playing meaningless word games?

Because the Trinitarians are NOT correcting their fellow Trinitarians.

YOU should be pointing these things out IMO.

Don't you want to help those who are trying to define Trinitarianism from making statements that "categorically denies the monotheism of Trinitarians"?

It shouldn't be up to me to do it.

YOU (their fellow TRINITARIAN) should be correcting them.

I am not generally looking around CARM Forums to find people misspeaking. I simply don't have the time. When I see it, I do speak up, but on the other hand, how do I know someone who is misspeaking is actually a Trinitarian?

Don't you want to help those who are trying to define Trinitarianism from making statements that "categorically denies the monotheism of Trinitarians"?

Again, I simply don't have the time to go around and correct people. How about you just tell then that phrases like "separate individuals" are categorically denied by Trinitarians with respect to the Trinity.

God Bless

AV Mt 19:17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? [there is] none good but one, [that is], God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

I believe you are working off a bad definition of GOD. Currently, your opinion calls Jesus a liar.

AV Jn 5:30-31 I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me. 31 If I bear witness of myself, my witness is not true.

Within the GODhead, are sentient "will" divine beings, noting Jesus statement of Himself.

Check Question:
AV Mt 24:36 But of that day and hour knoweth no [man], no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

Given your definition of GOD, How can Jesus' statement be True ???

Yours in Christ, Michael

You are arguing points that are simply irrelevant to the points being discussed. There is no separation of being between the Father and the Son with respect to Divinity. There is a separation between the Divine being and Jesus' human nature. You are quoting verse that justify the second while applying them to refute statements in reference to the first.

God Bless

I have to ask, who appointed you the "arbiter" to tell Trinitarians what they should or should not do? And your right, (for once), it shouldn't be up to you to do it. You got big problems of your own to worry about but of course you don't see them. Finally, I have noticed that every one of your threads and post have to do with "correcting" what people say, (especially Trinitarians) when you can't even prove Trinitarianism is not Biblical. What is that verse that says something about a "beam?"

In Him,
herman

Back