Calvin believed complete divine determinism

… what it means for God to be Omnipotent. I’m willing to bet it will be very interesting to you especially.

00:47:11 Foundation question
00:52:12 Omni-atributes addressed
00:55:24 "Omnipotence" specifically

Thread 'Free Will Meticulously Examined… and Refuted!'
https://forums.carm.org/threads/free-will-meticulously-examined…-and-refuted.5746/
FYI...

I'm not listening to a five-hour video for the sake of a discussion board conversation and I'm doing it for a conversation in which I cannot trade posts with the source. Everything he says may be wise and correct, but that discussion will have to be had without me. I most definitely am not going to tear a YouTube source as authoritative at the expense of well-rendered scripture.

Just saying

I read some Frame a while back, and I agreeded with his take on the whole Cornelius Van Til presupositionalism issue. Van til, and his student Greg Bahnsen oversell the idea and make logical mistakes.
Have you read Van Till and/or Bahnsen?

If not then I recommend you do before deciding their value.

Have you read Van Till and/or Bahnsen?

If not then I recommend you do before deciding their value.
I have. I like them. I just think they over reached a bit. This can be seen in Bahnsen's famous "great debate". He definitely won the debate, but mainly because Stein was not ready for his argument, Not because of his argument.

FYI...

I'm not listening to a five-hour video for the sake of a discussion board conversation...
That's why I gave the 9 min timestamp link for your convenience... but I understand if you dont have that kind of time. No worries.

Are you stating Adam did not have free will?
Depends on what one means by it. He was certainly free to do what he wanted.

Calvin's point was Adam was not bound by a sin nature. In that sense his will was free to choose good. However he was not free from God's determination.

Depends on what one means by it. He was certainly free to do what he wanted.

Calvin's point was Adam was not bound by a sin nature. In that sense his will was free to choose good. However he was not free from God's determination.
So if Adam had free will in eating/not eating from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil was he a dualist power in addition to God?

Robot theology - no

Neither do Calvinists.

And your correct response is NOT to argue against us, and try to falsely claim we believe something we don't.

Your CORRECT response is, "I'm glad you don't believe that. I'll stop making that inaccurate accusation."

Neither do Calvinists.

And your correct response is NOT to argue against us, and try to falsely claim we believe something we don't.

Your CORRECT response is, "I'm glad you don't believe that. I'll stop making that inaccurate accusation."
Now you speak for all Calvinists?

and

Now you are going to tell what I must post?

Back