Calvinism, Edwards, Necessity & Certainty

GeneZ

"Mans designated area of sovereignty?" Lol!!!!!!!! πŸ˜…πŸ˜‚πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜…πŸ˜‚πŸ˜†πŸ˜…πŸ˜‚πŸ˜πŸ˜€πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜‚πŸ˜€πŸ˜‚

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Lol at the balance of your post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes,, sovereignty. A limited sovereignty within a certain domain designated by God for man.

If man did not possess this area of sovereignty? No one could be going to the Lake of Fire.

For it is God's will that all men believe and be saved.

For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior,
who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge
of the truth. " 1 Tim 2:3-4

If man did not have sovereignty of his own? No man could resist God's desire!

God made that proverbial stone that is too heavy for himself to lift!

God is sovereign. Man was created in His image!

Last edited:
T

TomFL

Funny, according to you Calvinists can't prove any of their beliefs from Scripture.
I never stated they could not prove any of their beliefs from scripture

I do believe they have some beliefs they cannot prove from scripture

so what is so funny ?

GeneZ

β€”JC Ryle

"The only reason why I'm a Christian is because I'm a gift of the Father to the Son, not because of anything I've ever done."

Why were you a gift from the Father? Did the Father go..."Eenie -meenie -minee-moe?

No the Father had to draw you and test your mind and thinking as He presented ideas and thoughts for you to consider in the privacy of your mind. Not being conscious of who and what was presenting these thoughts, made you free to accept as approved of, or to simply reject - without any pressure to conform. Simply your own preference. If God's thoughts that He entered into your mind pleased or repelled you, was done to evaluate you by the Father. If you completed and passed the test? He elected you to be as a gift to His son....

Now.. some believe that the drawing of God can not be resisted. Yet, Romans 1:18-25 makes it painfully clear that even the worst extreme reprobate was drawn by God. They were rejected by God and never given to the Son!

What we do? Is simply approve, or disapprove.. of thoughts entered into our unsuspecting minds. Thoughts that were revealing the character and nature of God. All presented in that way that we were without pressure. Being free to hate as easily as hating something we think in the privacy of our own soul. And, also to approve and long for something we highly approve of and desire that God gives to consider.

The Father must finish drawing someone before that soul is to be given to the Son. Some will accept up to a point, but resist and stop before being finished. These end up becoming only God conscious and religious. Impossible to reason with outside of their accepted dogma.
For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake will find it.

The religious can not deny what they liked about God when being drawn, but want to save their life for themself, and thus end up losing their life in Christ, only to serve Satan's counterfeits designed to please the flesh of men.

Last edited: