Calvinism, Edwards, Necessity & Certainty

T

TomFL

Good

so do you then agree foreknew is a better selection for a meaning at Romans 8 and Romans 11?
than chose before ?

There was a reason I insisted the english word be defined

No offense intended but you've failed to prove Edwards believed what you've asserted he believed. Making a claim then offering a partial quotation as if it supports your premise isn't evidence, nor are footnotes proof or evidence.

Frankly speaking it is smoke and mirrors. It is almost hilarious that you're attempting to turn Edwards, one who championed Gods' Sovereignty and Ominiscience, into an Open Theist.

Um. Lol!!!!!

It's been over 45 years since I read Freedom of the Will in a marathon front to back in Portland Or during 90f weather. Never claimed to understand Edwards.

T

TomFL

Actually, you were responding to Preacher4Truth, not me.

But thanks for proving you don't pay any attention to anything posted here.

Why do you continue to misrepresent Calvinists with worthless straw-man arguments we never made?
This is reformed Guy's comment

"Foreknew is a verb so it's not what He knows. You have yet to deal with that fact. Shocking I know"

Are you disenfranchising him ?

civic

"Foreknew is a verb so it's not what He knows. You have yet to deal with that fact. Shocking I know"

Why would he or any other calvinist do that to another reformed brother ?

I don't even do that with Arminians let alone calvinists. Maybe the hypers.

Theo1689

So since you can't win an argument to save your life, and you can't even be bothered to pay attention who you're responding to, your tactic is then to try to pit Calvinists against each other, hoping they won't remember your woefully hideous eisegesis?

Is that it?

T

TomFL

Why would he or any other calvinist do that to another reformed brother ?

I don't even do that with Arminians let alone calvinists. Maybe the hypers.
He claimed Calvinists were being strawmaned

but my comment concerned one poster who did make an erroneous claim about what foreknow being a verb prevents

It was an error

civic

yikes tom has a cultist supporting him oh boy that must be a confirmation of truth lol. its like having sith agreeing with you :ROFLMAO:

not.........................................................................

T

TomFL

So since you can't win an argument to save your life, and you can't even be bothered to pay attention who you're responding to, your tactic is then to try to pit Calvinists against each other, hoping they won't remember your woefully hideous eisegesis?

Is that it?
You are funny

truth challenged as well

I am certain however you know better than to argue that foreknow being a verb determines whether its object can be a what or a person

civic

You are funny

truth challenged as well

I am certain however you know better than to argue that foreknow being a verb determines whether its object can be a what or a person
Its is ALWAYS a person when its used by God as a verb and never used as a thing.

preacher4truth

Is that it?
Yes, that is sowing discord and striving for division, all day long.

Our Lord's God

You are funny

truth challenged as well

Correct, ginosko can refer to knowing stuff or knowing a person.

So it is with proginosko.

preacher4truth

ditto I never buy into that, sith tries to pull that garbage all the time trying to pit one against the other. he tries calling me out all the time thinking he has a bandwagon of supporters lol.
It's exactly what his teacher did on another forum. That and edited posts of others, and snipped posts to make it appear they said something that was, in his fav descriptive word, "inflammatory." All the while his tribe slandered, lied, name-called, and antagonized others (Calvinists) as they became like their teacher; Luke 6:40.

civic

It's exactly what his teacher did on another forum. That and edited posts of others, and snipped posts to make it appear they said something that was, in his fav descriptive word, "inflammatory." All the while his tribe slandered, lied, name-called, and antagonized others (Calvinists) as they became like their teacher; Luke 6:40.
yes they must think we are stupid

preacher4truth

yes they must think we are stupid
What they were attempting to do was get us banned. Over there the word heretic was not allowed to be used or one would get infractions, or banned. Yet the anti-cals would use that word on us often and were allowed to do so. Worst forum I've ever been on, and it is still the same.

Well, come to think of it, one of the worst.

SovereignGrace

What they were attempting to do was get us banned. Over there the word heretic was not allowed to be used or one would get infractions, or banned. Yet the anti-cals would use that word on us often and were allowed to do so. Worst forum I've ever been on, and it is still the same.

Well, come to think of it, one of the worst.
👀😬👍