Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else?

Terry43

I agree with most.......disagree with the definition/understanding of one..."P"....and know/realize the omission of vital truth in Calvinism. And if you knew what I know you would not be a Calvinist also. The deception is so so clever and works very well for Satan goals.
Why are you afraid of the "Doctrines of Grace"?

Terry43

the problem is worse and this includes the ‘i am already saved’ crowd.

we are not saved from it until the change.

the depravity is this body and its mind.
Can an unsaved man do anything that is pleasing to God?

Oldsaint24

Why are you afraid of the "Doctrines of Grace"?
What? Where did that come from?

Let me make this point concerning the grace of God perfectly clear......

The act of spiritual regeneration by the Father of spirits is an act of pure unmerited love........GRACE! The children of promise have NOTHING to do with this act of love. It is a sovereign act of God. Period.
Again, we do nothing.....no works, no effort, no act of the will, NOTHING but the pure love mercy and Grace of God!
Now you were saying?
I suggest you learn/understand what I write before you assume things. Please, ask a question before assuming.

brightfame52

You need to re-think your statement. The Cals and Arms have contrdictions in their theology. I don't. Nothing I have written here on Carm contradicts the teachings of Jesus or the word of God. The Cs and As have been feuding over their inconsistencies for hundreds of years. You are more than welcome to try and prove any contrdiction of my writings with the Bible.
I agree with truth. Period.
Again If you dont agree with one, you are inconsistent.

brightfame52

Actually your statement makes no sense. "Inconsistent" to what? Calvinism? Yes. Divine truth? No.
I already said. The Doctrines of Grace, are in reality Gospel Truths of Grace, they are Total Depravity/or inability spiritually of men by nature

Unconditional Election of Grace for Salvation

Limited or Particular Atonement, that Christ only died for His Elect/Sheep and saved them by that death

Irresistible Grace or the effectual call of the Elect

Preservation/Perseverance of the Saints unto final Glory

These are foundational Truths of the Gospel of Gods Grace ! Now dont ask me anymore what I mean, cant be more clearer.

Oldsaint24

I already said. The Doctrines of Grace, are in reality Gospel Truths of Grace, they are Total Depravity/or inability spiritually of men by nature

Unconditional Election of Grace for Salvation

Limited or Particular Atonement, that Christ only died for His Elect/Sheep and saved them by that death

Irresistible Grace or the effectual call of the Elect

Preservation/Perseverance of the Saints unto final Glory

These are foundational Truths of the Gospel of Gods Grace ! Now dont ask me anymore what I mean, cant be more clearer.
I am fully aware of "tulip". I know what is true and what is deceptive. As I said before, what is the half truth is a problem and what is omitted is a greater problem with God's children who follow "tulip".

Your half truth is the "P". While it is true ALL God's children have everlasting life.......once one IS a child of God by virtue of being born of God (regeneration), one will ALWAYS be a child of God and will live in the forever with God. In that sense, God perseveres. Once a child of God , always a child of God. Isn't that good news? Of course it is.

But what if the children do not overcome? Do not persevere while living their lives? But instead live naughty, disobedient lives? There are hundreds of warnings to God's children about living an unrighteous life and failing to overcome their sinful self. Warnings and admonitions to God's children for willfully sinning. I am sure you have read them.

So, the Calvinists understanding of the "P" is not correct. Not all God's children "persevere".

And here is the nasty little omission of Calvinism. Satan is so clever to hide this vital truth...........naughty, disobedient , unforgiving, immoral, etc. children of God who fail to overcome love of self will miss the first resurrection, miss the marriage supper and miss the Sabbath Rest of God, which is the millennial kingdom, the age to come. Yep, if you read what I just wrote and comprehended what I just wrote.....what I am telling you is that Calvinism does not tell the children of God that they can be cast into prison/hell for being "foolish". Just ask the five silly little virgin girls. Ask the "many" of Matt. 7. There are so so many text of scripture that explain and verify what I have just written. Oh, and the Holy Spirit will also verify what I have just written is the truth.

Satan wants the Calvinists to believe all the verses of scripture that warn and admonish the children of God concerning being cast into hell/prison for bad behavior is only for the unregenerate. How silly is that? Think that through. Why would God waste His time warning and admonishing the unregenerate?

Finally do not totally despair. All the naughty , disobedient, rebellious, unforgiving, or just plain foolish children of God who do not inherit the age to come will be redeemed at the second resurrection after their just punishment is served.

"Today, if you hear His voice , harden not your hearts.........."

G

guest1

What? Where did that come from?

Let me make this point concerning the grace of God perfectly clear......

The act of spiritual regeneration by the Father of spirits is an act of pure unmerited love........GRACE! The children of promise have NOTHING to do with this act of love. It is a sovereign act of God. Period.
Again, we do nothing.....no works, no effort, no act of the will, NOTHING but the pure love mercy and Grace of God!
Now you were saying?
I suggest you learn/understand what I write before you assume things. Please, ask a question before assuming.
Can you support the above claims with Scripture passages ? Yes or no

Oldsaint24

Please do then
Heavens sake......it is the T. U. L. I. of your dogma. Just what specifically are you disagreeing with?
Like I have said previously ......Calvinism does contain truth.....it is just the half truth and the omission that leads the children astray.

G

guest1

Heavens sake......it is the T. U. L. I. of your dogma. Just what specifically are you disagreeing with?
Like I have said previously ......Calvinism does contain truth.....it is just the half truth and the omission that leads the children astray.
I’m asking you for the passages . It appears you are not capable of supporting your claim . You continue to avoid the most simple request.

brightfame52

I am fully aware of "tulip". I know what is true and what is deceptive. As I said before, what is the half truth is a problem and what is omitted is a greater problem with God's children who follow "tulip".

Your half truth is the "P". While it is true ALL God's children have everlasting life.......once one IS a child of God by virtue of being born of God (regeneration), one will ALWAYS be a child of God and will live in the forever with God. In that sense, God perseveres. Once a child of God , always a child of God. Isn't that good news? Of course it is.

But what if the children do not overcome? Do not persevere while living their lives? But instead live naughty, disobedient lives? There are hundreds of warnings to God's children about living an unrighteous life and failing to overcome their sinful self. Warnings and admonitions to God's children for willfully sinning. I am sure you have read them.

So, the Calvinists understanding of the "P" is not correct. Not all God's children "persevere".

And here is the nasty little omission of Calvinism. Satan is so clever to hide this vital truth...........naughty, disobedient , unforgiving, immoral, etc. children of God who fail to overcome love of self will miss the first resurrection, miss the marriage supper and miss the Sabbath Rest of God, which is the millennial kingdom, the age to come. Yep, if you read what I just wrote and comprehended what I just wrote.....what I am telling you is that Calvinism does not tell the children of God that they can be cast into prison/hell for being "foolish". Just ask the five silly little virgin girls. Ask the "many" of Matt. 7. There are so so many text of scripture that explain and verify what I have just written. Oh, and the Holy Spirit will also verify what I have just written is the truth.

Satan wants the Calvinists to believe all the verses of scripture that warn and admonish the children of God concerning being cast into hell/prison for bad behavior is only for the unregenerate. How silly is that? Think that through. Why would God waste His time warning and admonishing the unregenerate?

Finally do not totally despair. All the naughty , disobedient, rebellious, unforgiving, or just plain foolish children of God who do not inherit the age to come will be redeemed at the second resurrection after their just punishment is served.

"Today, if you hear His voice , harden not your hearts.........."
Again, if you omit one of the truths of TULIP you are inconsistent in Salvation by the Grace of God.

Kampioen

Again, if you omit one of the truths of TULIP you are inconsistent in Salvation by the Grace of God.

The way I see it, not that anyone cares, and I am Libertarian, is that Tulip predetermination means that God sees to it, maybe even meticulously, that those predetermined to be a certain way will end up that way, no matter what Scriptural arguments ensue or how we temporarily convince someone.

Thus to see that arguments are the method of God that make a difference shows a Libertarian mindset in even a Calvinist.

brightfame52

The way I see it, not that anyone cares, and I am Libertarian, is that Tulip predetermination means that God sees to it, maybe even meticulously, that those predetermined to be a certain way will end up that way, no matter what Scriptural arguments ensue or how we temporarily convince someone.

Thus to see that arguments are the method of God that make a difference shows a Libertarian mindset in even a Calvinist.
God may use argumentation to convince His regenerated elect of the Truth Acts 17:2-4

2 And Paul, as his manner was, went in unto them, and three sabbath days reasoned with them out of the scriptures,

3 Opening and alleging, that Christ must needs have suffered, and risen again from the dead; and that this Jesus, whom I preach unto you, is Christ.

4 And some of them believed, and consorted with Paul and Silas; and of the devout Greeks a great multitude, and of the chief women not a few.

Acts 19:8

8 And he went into the synagogue, and spake boldly for the space of three months, disputing and persuading the things concerning the kingdom of God.

Oldsaint24

I’m asking you for the passages . It appears you are not capable of supporting your claim . You continue to avoid the most simple request.
I wrote alot......be specific, please.
Wrong. I explain the error of "p" and point out a major omission of Calvinism. Feel free to specifically point out your disagreement. I will gladly expose your error and contradiction.

brightfame52

Wrong. I explain the error of "p" and point out a major omission of Calvinism. Feel free to specifically point out your disagreement. I will gladly expose your error and contradiction.
You just explained why you inconsistent. If you dont believe in the Perseverance/Preservation of the believer you dont understand Salvation by Grace. Grace is responsible for Eternal Salvation from everlasting to everlasting, from alpha to omega !

G

guest1

Look you NEVER EVER answer any direct questions but always skirt and avoid them.

You claimed regeneration was biblical and I asked for scripture which you ignored and made excuses. Talk is cheap .