Calvinism is the gospel

TULIP is not the Gospel.
Correct. it's only a theological systematic.

The GOSPEL is simply that God ACTUALLY DID what He promised in Genesis - i.e. provide a way by which sinful man/woman could be CLEANSED of his SIN by faith (gifted by God) in the SIN OFFERING of Jesus, and become perfect before God, so that the Holy Spirit could indwell him/her, and make him/her a child of God.

Correct. it's only a theological systematic.

The GOSPEL is simply that God ACTUALLY DID what He promised in Genesis - i.e. provide a way by which sinful man/woman could be CLEANSED of his SIN by faith (gifted by God) in the SIN OFFERING of Jesus, and become perfect before God, so that the Holy Spirit could indwell him/her, and make him/her a child of God.
There you have it folks ... ^^^

TULIP is like the Gospel Presentation.
Not really.
Total Depravity; prove they are Sinners first.
Not really. The end of Calvinism is man is unable to respond, not that he is just depraved.
Unconditional Election; We're Saved without Works.
Not really. Unconditional election is that God determined to save those whom He elected at His choosing. Most of the Christians that I have heard say the same about works, except they don't believe God chose some for salvation and left the rest to burn in hell because He chose not to save them.
Limited Atonement; Christ Atoned for our Sins.
Not Really. Atonement was made for mankind. Our Lord tasted death for everyone, etc. We've exhausted this until one has to keep his head in the sand not to see it.
Irresistible Grace; we're Saved by Grace Alone.
While we are indeed saved by God's grace, there are those who have been shown such grace, resisted and are judged. It is clear that God intended the sacrifice of His Son for everyone, not just a few.
Perseverance of the Saints; we're Saved forever more...
I have no problem with this.
It's like the Gospel, because it doesn't even include Faith. It cannot be the Gospel of Jesus Christ...
It's not even close to the Gospel of our Lord, not even close.

God bless brother

Not really.

Not really. The end of Calvinism is man is unable to respond, not that he is just depraved.

Not really. Unconditional election is that God determined to save those whom He elected at His choosing. Most of the Christians that I have heard say the same about works, except they don't believe God chose some for salvation and left the rest to burn in hell because He chose not to save them.

Not Really. Atonement was made for mankind. Our Lord tasted death for everyone, etc. We've exhausted this until one has to keep his head in the sand not to see it.

While we are indeed saved by God's grace, there are those who have been shown such grace, resisted and are judged. It is clear that God intended the sacrifice of His Son for everyone, not just a few.

I have no problem with this.

It's not even close to the Gospel of our Lord, not even close.

God bless brother
What?????????????????????????????????????

TULIP is like the Gospel Presentation. Total Depravity; prove they are Sinners first. Unconditional Election; We're Saved without Works. Limited Atonement; Christ Atoned for our Sins. Irresistible Grace; we're Saved by Grace Alone. Perseverance of the Saints; we're Saved forever more...

It's like the Gospel, because it doesn't even include Faith. It cannot be the Gospel of Jesus Christ...
And previous to faith according to some Calvinists

by grace through faith

Just as Spurgeon made this claim we read it below here from PRCA website - Calvinist- Protestant Reformed Churches of America.

“Calvinism is the Gospel. Its outstanding doctrines are simply the truths that make up the Gospel. Departure from Calvinism, therefore, is apostasy from the Gospel of God's grace in Christ. Our defense of Calvinism, then, will proceed as follows. First, we will show that Calvinism is the Gospel. This is necessary because of its detractors, who criticize it as a perversion of the Gospel. Second, we will defend it as the Gospel. In doing this, we carry out the calling that every believer has from God. Paul wrote that he was "set for the defense of the Gospel" (Philippians 1:17). I Peter 3:15 calls every believer to give an answer, an "apology," or defense, to everyone who asks us a reason for the hope that is in us. As the name indicates, Calvinism is a certain teaching associated with John Calvin; it refers to Biblical doctrines that he propounded.”

“Calvinism, then, can rightly be viewed as certain basic doctrines, the so-called "five points of Calvinism."

http://www.prca.org/pamphlets/pamphlet_31.html

Conclusion : once again I’m right most Calvinists do not know what Calvinism teaches.

hope this helps !!!
The prca also denies the well meant offer and common grace.

Of course they do

Just as Spurgeon made this claim we read it below here from PRCA website - Calvinist- Protestant Reformed Churches of America.

“Calvinism is the Gospel. Its outstanding doctrines are simply the truths that make up the Gospel. Departure from Calvinism, therefore, is apostasy from the Gospel of God's grace in Christ. Our defense of Calvinism, then, will proceed as follows. First, we will show that Calvinism is the Gospel. This is necessary because of its detractors, who criticize it as a perversion of the Gospel. Second, we will defend it as the Gospel. In doing this, we carry out the calling that every believer has from God. Paul wrote that he was "set for the defense of the Gospel" (Philippians 1:17). I Peter 3:15 calls every believer to give an answer, an "apology," or defense, to everyone who asks us a reason for the hope that is in us. As the name indicates, Calvinism is a certain teaching associated with John Calvin; it refers to Biblical doctrines that he propounded.”

“Calvinism, then, can rightly be viewed as certain basic doctrines, the so-called "five points of Calvinism."

http://www.prca.org/pamphlets/pamphlet_31.html

Conclusion : once again I’m right most Calvinists do not know what Calvinism teaches.

hope this helps !!!
Funny as it appears nowhere in scripture

The apostle teaches the life, death and resurrection of Christ

and faith in Christ as necessary to justification and salvation

Funny as it appears nowhere in scripture

The apostle teaches the life, death and resurrection of Christ

and faith in Christ as necessary to justification and salvation
Correct it is defined there in 1 Cor 15:1-8 and in Acts we see the gospel that was preached , received and the Holy Spirit came after-words. So much for regeneration preceding.

another great big oops......

Correct it is defined there in 1 Cor 15:1-8 and in Acts we see the gospel that was preached , received and the Holy Spirit came after-words. So much for regeneration preceding.

another great big oops......
And it certainly did not include the preaching of Calvinism

It is no novelty, then, that I am preaching; no new doctrine. I love to proclaim these strong old doctrines, which are called by nickname Calvinism, but which are surely and verily the revealed truth of God as it is in Christ Jesus. By this truth I make a pilgrimage into the past, and as I go, I see father after father, confessor after confessor, martyr after martyr, standing up to shake hands with me.

A.W. Pink, Gleanings in the Godhead (Chicago: Moody Press, 1975), pp. 124

yes there was no tiny tim tip toeing through the tulips in Acts. :ROFLMAO:
In the last days, God says, I will pour out my Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your young men will see visions, your old men will dream dreams.
Acts 2:17
See what Ray has to say on this.

See what Ray has to say on this.
Thanks I will read it now. Thats funny I was thinking of you yesterday after work lol.

That was good and our message last Sunday was new wine in old wineskins- a no no. So I loved the wine illustration it hit home with Sundays message. I love how God confirms things.

Back