Calvinism is the gospel

G

guest1

Just as Spurgeon made this claim we read it below here from PRCA website - Calvinist- Protestant Reformed Churches of America.

“Calvinism is the Gospel. Its outstanding doctrines are simply the truths that make up the Gospel. Departure from Calvinism, therefore, is apostasy from the Gospel of God's grace in Christ. Our defense of Calvinism, then, will proceed as follows. First, we will show that Calvinism is the Gospel. This is necessary because of its detractors, who criticize it as a perversion of the Gospel. Second, we will defend it as the Gospel. In doing this, we carry out the calling that every believer has from God. Paul wrote that he was "set for the defense of the Gospel" (Philippians 1:17). I Peter 3:15 calls every believer to give an answer, an "apology," or defense, to everyone who asks us a reason for the hope that is in us. As the name indicates, Calvinism is a certain teaching associated with John Calvin; it refers to Biblical doctrines that he propounded.”

“Calvinism, then, can rightly be viewed as certain basic doctrines, the so-called "five points of Calvinism."

http://www.prca.org/pamphlets/pamphlet_31.html

Conclusion : once again I’m right most Calvinists do not know what Calvinism teaches.

hope this helps !!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Spurgeon affirms the OP.

Spurgeon called "calvinism" the gospel meaning the 5 points.

“I have my own opinion that there is no such thing as preaching Christ and Him crucified unless we preach what is nowadays called Calvinism. It is a nickname to call it Calvinism. Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else. "

Now watch them swim in De Nile again .

The doctrines of grace are the 5 points which is known and accepted universally as Calvinism . And Calvinism declares that is the gospel . That is just an undeniable fact many here refuse to face .

I know it’s true because I was a Calvinist and know what it teaches which is stated in the OP.

I think many here do not like the truth about Calvinism when they have to look at themselves in the mirror and face what they are really looking at . Sad indeed . When will you confirm these Calvinistic facts ? Or will you deny them again and make excuses ?

hope this helps !!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Now watch them swim in De Nile again .

The doctrines of grace are the 5 points which is known and accepted universally as Calvinism . And Calvinism declares that is the gospel . That is just an undeniable fact many here refuse to face .

I know it’s true because I was a Calvinist and know what it teaches which is stated in the OP.

I think many here do not like the truth about Calvinism when they have to look at themselves in the mirror and face what they are really looking at . Sad indeed . When will you confirm these Calvinistic facts ? Or will you deny them again and make excuses ?

hope this helps !!!
I deny that Calvinism is the Gospel of Jesus Christ...

Like a dog with a bone, and just won't let go...

"Calvinism is the Gospel. Its outstanding doctrines are simply the truths that make up the Gospel. Departure from Calvinism, therefore, is apostasy from the Gospel of God's grace in Christ. Our defense of Calvinism, then, will proceed as follows. First, we will show that Calvinism is the Gospel.

Did you miss that part?

This is necessary because of its detractors, who criticize it as a perversion of the Gospel.

Look! They're talking about YOU!

Second, we will defend it as the Gospel. In doing this, we carry out the calling that every believer has from God. Paul wrote that he was "set for the defense of the Gospel" (Philippians 1:17). I Peter 3:15 calls every believer to give an answer, an "apology," or defense, to everyone who asks us a reason for the hope that is in us. As the name indicates, Calvinism is a certain teaching associated with John Calvin; it refers to Biblical doctrines that he propounded.”

I guess you missed that part as well, huh?

I think many here do not like the truth about Calvinism when they have to look at themselves in the mirror and face what they are really looking at .

I love Calvinism, because it is 100% Biblical ambrosia.

And since you can't prove it's not, you have to resort to personal attacks on Godly men.
Sad.

Just as Spurgeon made this claim we read it below here from PRCA website - Calvinist- Protestant Reformed Churches of America.

Calvinism is the Gospel. Its outstanding doctrines are simply the truths that make up the Gospel."

The person Jesus is the Gospel, the embodiment of God's Good News.

Me too which is why I’m no longer associating myself with Calvinism
I still do associate myself with Calvinism though. Calvinists shouldn't say that Calvinism is the Gospel of Jesus Christ; to do that would Conflate the two. I think that for the average Calvinist, if we were able to probe them a little; they would not mean to Conflate the Doctrines of Grace with the Gospel of Jesus Christ...

I say that Calvinism is 'like' the Gospel of Jesus Christ...

I still do associate myself with Calvinism though. Calvinists shouldn't say that Calvinism is the Gospel of Jesus Christ; to do that would Conflate the two. I think that for the average Calvinist, if we were able to probe them a little; they would not mean to Conflate the Doctrines of Grace with the Gospel of Jesus Christ...
Except this is coming from the Reformed Churches of America’s website as their statement of faith . They are dogmatic about it too .

I was saying this earlier and no one was believing me . I don’t make this stuff up .

I say that Calvinism is 'like' the Gospel of Jesus Christ...
It's a way of articulating and describing the Gospel through biblical doctrines.

@Chalcedon does the same thing. His Gospel is Chalcedonism. He'll deny it, but it remains, the Gospel according to @Chalcedon ...

Except this is coming from the Reformed Churches of America’s website as their statement of faith . They are dogmatic about it too .

I was saying this earlier and no one was believing me . I don’t make this stuff up .
Then they are not Calvinists, and not even Christian. What you are doing is conforming Calvinists into their Image. Are they Presbyterians? I'm Baptist...

It's a way of articulating the Gospel through biblical doctrines.

@Chalcedon does the same thing. His Gospel is Chalcedonism.
TULIP is like the Gospel Presentation. Total Depravity; prove they are Sinners first. Unconditional Election; We're Saved without Works. Limited Atonement; Christ Atoned for our Sins. Irresistible Grace; we're Saved by Grace Alone. Perseverance of the Saints; we're Saved forever more...

It's like the Gospel, because it doesn't even include Faith. It cannot be the Gospel of Jesus Christ...

TULIP is like the Gospel Presentation. Total Depravity; prove they are Sinners first. Unconditional Election; We're Saved without Works. Limited Atonement; Christ Atoned for our Sins. Irresistible Grace; we're Saved by Grace Alone. Perseverance of the Saints; we're Saved forever more...

It's like the Gospel, because it doesn't even include Faith. It cannot be the Gospel of Jesus Christ...
TULIP is not the Gospel. It's a description of (T) man's inability to make things right with God ... (U) Is God's recoginition of (T), and choosing to save some through (L) making atonement for those He has determined to save by (I) iresistible grace through (P) persevering faith which never quits.

TULIP is not the Gospel. It's a description of (T) man's inability to make things right with God ... (U) Is God's recoginition of (T), and choosing to save some through (L) making atonement for those He has determined to save by (I) iresistible grace through (P) persevering faith which never quits.

TULIP is wholly contrary to the Gospel.

Back