Calvinism is the gospel

First of all, please point out where Spurgeon made any mention of "the 5 points". Because I simply don't see it in the quote you provided.

Secondly, I'm trying REALLY hard to be charitable and reasonable (I'm sounding like Jules from Pulp Fiction, I think), but you don't seem to want to recapitulate. And I don't expect you to. My current theory is that you want to sabotage this discussion forum so that no productive discussion can take place, because you know that if discussion goes forward, then Calvinism becomes vindicated.

You can't vindicate anything as long as you refuse to engage

It's like the old saying you got to be in it to win it

you quit far too often

More of the same Tu quoque snd you expect a dialogue with your constant insults ?

Thanks but no thanks I will pass on the loaded offer .

Yours Truly, Team Truth !

hope this helps !!!

Spurgeon affirms the OP.

Spurgeon called "calvinism" the gospel meaning the 5 points.

“I have my own opinion that there is no such thing as preaching Christ and Him crucified unless we preach what is nowadays called Calvinism. It is a nickname to call it Calvinism. Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else. "
@Carbon

oops

??????????

Just as Spurgeon made this claim we read it below here from PRCA website - Calvinist- Protestant Reformed Churches of America.

“Calvinism is the Gospel. Its outstanding doctrines are simply the truths that make up the Gospel. Departure from Calvinism, therefore, is apostasy from the Gospel of God's grace in Christ. Our defense of Calvinism, then, will proceed as follows. First, we will show that Calvinism is the Gospel. This is necessary because of its detractors, who criticize it as a perversion of the Gospel. Second, we will defend it as the Gospel. In doing this, we carry out the calling that every believer has from God. Paul wrote that he was "set for the defense of the Gospel" (Philippians 1:17). I Peter 3:15 calls every believer to give an answer, an "apology," or defense, to everyone who asks us a reason for the hope that is in us. As the name indicates, Calvinism is a certain teaching associated with John Calvin; it refers to Biblical doctrines that he propounded.”

“Calvinism, then, can rightly be viewed as certain basic doctrines, the so-called "five points of Calvinism."

http://www.prca.org/pamphlets/pamphlet_31.html

Conclusion : once again I’m right most Calvinists do not know what Calvinism teaches.

hope this helps !!!

??????

Gospel to never be?

Yes it’s false what he claimed by some Calvinists are in denial he said those words . There are so many contradictions with Calvinism and scripture plus within Calvinism itself .

Paul over complicated things.

With his no one can be gospel.

How does one deal with that?

Just no be?

Last edited:
I still do associate myself with Calvinism though. Calvinists shouldn't say that Calvinism is the Gospel of Jesus Christ; to do that would Conflate the two. I think that for the average Calvinist, if we were able to probe them a little; they would not mean to Conflate the Doctrines of Grace with the Gospel of Jesus Christ...

I say that Calvinism is 'like' the Gospel of Jesus Christ...
I agree in that I don't believe Calvinism is the gospel. One does not have to follow Calvinism to be saved. One does not need a lecture on the Institutes in order to understand the gospel to be saved, or to be saved. There is probably a lot more to what Schofield said, but Calvinism and Arminianism are not gospel. Reformed theology is not the gospel. Christ crucified is the gospel. The message is for all, but only some will understand and accept.

I agree in that I don't believe Calvinism is the gospel. One does not have to follow Calvinism to be saved. One does not need a lecture on the Institutes in order to understand the gospel to be saved, or to be saved. There is probably a lot more to what Schofield said, but Calvinism and Arminianism are not gospel. Reformed theology is not the gospel. Christ crucified is the gospel. The message is for all, but only some will understand and accept.
So you don't believe in limited atonement ?

So you don't believe in limited atonement ?
What does limited atonement have to do with the gospel? Do you go out and say, oh, btw Jesus may not have died for you so think carefully before you throw your life away by not actually getting saved? The gospel is for all, that is, they get to hear about Christ crucified, however, only those whom God has chosen have the sacrifice/atonement applied, and are saved. It really isn't that difficult to follow/understand. I wholly subscribe to the sufficiency/efficiency understanding of limited atonement. Sufficient for all in that universalism could be true (we know it isn't), but only efficient for those God chose to have Christ die for, His elect. (His chosen). Did the master save the chaff, or have it gathered in bundles and thrown in the fire?

What does limited atonement have to do with the gospel? Do you go out and say, oh, btw Jesus may not have died for you so think carefully before you throw your life away by not actually getting saved? The gospel is for all, that is, they get to hear about Christ crucified, however, only those whom God has chosen have the sacrifice/atonement applied, and are saved. It really isn't that difficult to follow/understand. I wholly subscribe to the sufficiency/efficiency understanding of limited atonement. Sufficient for all in that universalism could be true (we know it isn't), but only efficient for those God chose to have Christ die for, His elect. (His chosen). Did the master save the chaff, or have it gathered in bundles and thrown in the fire?
Can you tell everyone you shared the gospel with the following ? yes or no

1- God loves you
2- Jesus died for your sins

Can you tell everyone you shared the gospel with the following ? yes or no

1- God loves you
2- Jesus died for your sins

Neither one is Biblically part of the gospel presentation.

We present the gospel the BIBLICAL way, not the heretical "Chalcedon" way.

"Oops!"

"Next!"

"Hope this helps!"

Back