Calvinism wouldn't be nearly as pervasive if Romans 9:20 wasn't in the Bible.

Anyone other than this poster who is not able to scan scriptureand find a multitude of verses that talk about winning God's favor, please talk to me and I will list a few for you.
The ignore feature is great ??

That way you don’t have to shake the dust off your feet ? ?

The bible has multiple verses talking about what people did and how they found favor in God's eyes.
Never said it did not. There is context behind all those verses you allude to.
I expect you know that, that is why you don't post them.

You like all other Arminians believe that you do not require the work of God in your lives, but He sees something special in you. Something about you sets you apart for God, and because of that "let's call it good-ness, or righteousness" he acts.
So you may want to clarify or alter your statement that man can do nothing to win God's favor.
I can do NOTHING to win God's favor but to obedient to His leading through the indwelling Holy Spirit.

Thank you for confirming once again that Arminians are unable to Give God alone the Glory.
It is always about self, and how good they were/are that "moves" God to react to them.
Maybe you just need to add further explanation so as not to contradict the many verses that show your statement as is, is wrong.
See above.

Your ex nemesis Civic, tried the same thing you did here, and you have both showed how you cling to self glorification.
Can you never credit God for working in the life of the elect, in order that His purposes in election can be achieved.

Go read the story of King Nebuchadnezzar in Daniel again.
God is sovereign. He does not depend on the sovereignty of the will of Arminians to achieve His purposes.

Never said it did not. There is context behind all those verses you allude to.
I expect you know that, that is why you don't post them.

You like all other Arminians believe that you do not require the work of God in your lives, but He sees something special in you. Something about you sets you apart for God, and because of that "let's call it good-ness, or righteousness" he acts.

I can do NOTHING to win God's favor but to obedient to His leading through the indwelling Holy Spirit.

Thank you for confirming once again that Arminians are unable to Give God alone the Glory.
It is always about self, and how good they were/are that "moves" God to react to them.

See above.

Your ex nemesis Civic, tried the same thing you did here, and you have both showed how you cling to self glorification.
Can you never credit God for working in the life of the elect, in order that His purposes in election can be achieved.

Go read the story of King Nebuchadnezzar in Daniel again.
God is sovereign. He does not depend on the sovereignty of the will of Arminians to achieve His purposes.
Instead of making random vague charges of self-glorification to hide behind, please repeat just one thing I said in the previous post where I boasted about my ability or choice, Just one.
And please, don't allow anyone to answer for you. It was your accusation, you should answer.

Last edited:
Instead of making random vague charges of self-glorification to hide behind, please repeat just one thing I said in the previous post where I boasted about my ability or choice, Just one.

Funny how you demand he support his claims, when you never do.
Double standards much?

And since he never CLAIMED you "boasted about [your] ability or choice", why does he need to provide proof for something he never said?
Straw-man much?

And please, don't allow anyone to answer for you. It was your accusation, you should answer.
yes just more strawman arguments, its all we get now.

Back