Calvinists have Calvin Backwards

What it does say to anyone with a IQ over 50 is that the things of God are UNDERSTOOD BY THE SPIRIT. No one said anything about recieving.It could not be any clearer. Now I have rebutted everyone of your dumb theories so try something different like its for apostels and prophets only. LOL. Your dismissed again
Yes you have rebutted just about everything he has thrown out there. It’s amazing he don’t realize he has no argument. ?
Romans 1 comes to mind and that worries me. How someone could still argue things that scripture denies and not only denies but destroys. Yet, they keep arguing for these.

How can they see their points as true when they are not?

Yes you have rebutted just about everything he has thrown out there. It’s amazing he don’t realize he has no argument. ?
Romans 1 comes to mind and that worries me. How someone could still argue things that scripture denies and not only denies but destroys. Yet, they keep arguing for these.

You will notice he keeps saying received which no one is saying. Strawman extraordinare

How? By denying Compatibalism...

When half of the Bible has been swept under the rug, those Verses do not have to be dealt with. I know both sides claim this is being done by the other side, but we don't deny Compatibalism; he does...

Last edited:
Well, You know who is on ignore. But from observing the dialog between him and Reformedguy, and taking a peek now and then, Reformedguy is right on for one thing and laying out truth as scripture teaches. Yet it’s denied. If it was my debating with RG I’d back out. As I think I would have at least enough smarts to realize I’d be just a noisy gong by continuing.
I think having a cheerleader helps those though.

When half of the Bible has been swept under the rug, those Verses do not have to be dealt with. I know both sides claim this is being done by the other side, but we don't deny Compatibalism; he does...
We need a thread on Compatibilism. I have what I think is a great example of it I heard on the Freed Thinker podcast with Tyler Vela.

We need a thread on Compatibilism. I have what I think is a great example of it I heard on the Freed Thinker podcast with Tyler Vela.
Sounds great!

I'll try to help you keep the Thread on-task. Compatibalism is not restricted to only apply to Soteriology; it applies to any truth which can seem to be Contrary. You can read the Sanford University book on Philosophy about Compatibalism online for free...

Trinitarian Monotheism is Compatible, as the Hypostatic Union is also Compatible...

Last edited:
The will of the Father is to believe.

And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.
John 6:40 KJV

It's also His work.

Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.
John 6:29 KJV

The people in Matthew 7 are Pharisees, like yourself. They talk about what they did in the Lord's name, but not about what He did.

Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
Matthew 7:21‭-‬23 KJV

This damsel was serving the king, yet the king did not know her. Those outside of Christ are not known by the king.

Now king David was old and stricken in years; and they covered him with clothes, but he gat no heat. Wherefore his servants said unto him, Let there be sought for my Lord the king a young virgin: and let her stand before the king, and let her cherish him, and let her lie in thy bosom, that my Lord the king may get heat. So they sought for a fair damsel throughout all the coasts of Israel, and found Abishag a Shunammite, and brought her to the king. And the damsel was very fair, and cherished the king, and ministered to him: but the king knew her not.
1 Kings 1:1‭-‬4 KJV
Excellent scripture thanks for posting them.

What it does say to anyone with a IQ over 50 is that the things of God are UNDERSTOOD BY THE SPIRIT. No one said anything about recieving.It could not be any clearer. Now I have rebutted everyone of your dumb theories so try something different like its for apostels and prophets only. LOL. Your dismissed again
Then obviously your IQ is under 50

because unbelievers do not receive the spirit so that they might know

while the verse speaks of receiving the spirit

1 Corinthians 2:12 (KJV)
12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

Then obviously your IQ is under 50

because unbelievers do not receive the spirit so that they might know

while the verse speaks of receiving the spirit

12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.
By not receive. I will just keep repeating that since your kind of slow to get apparently

By not receive. I will just keep repeating that since your kind of slow to get apparently
That makes no sense

and these are those who get to know the things free given by GodH

Hello

better learn to read properly

they are not unbelievers

Comment removed per mod.

Great post Theo, I am inspired by brother like you, fighting to protect and defend God's Gospel.

I'll add Scripture here, John 1:11He came to his own, and his own people did not receive him. 12But to all who did receive him, who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God, 13who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God.​

Last edited by a moderator:
Why do you believe an unsubstantiated secondary source?
They have a lofty view of man. That they do not need any Divine assistance or to be regenerated by God, because they possess the power to do it themselves! Sounds very familiar.

Compatibalism

stanford.edu:
“The medieval synthesis Thomas Aquinas (1224–74) forged between Christian theology and Aristotle’s science and metaphysics set the terms for the early modern causation debate”

—- 'compatibilism' and 'determinism/occasionalism' being the subject of the debate — but 'dressed up' as if it had a christian context, which it does not… rather, its basis is Aristotle… the problem there being that the prime mover of aristotle at the heart of his causation metaphysics is a pagan god.

Last edited:

You are in denial

RG has posited unbelievers receive the spirit so they might know the gospel

Not only is that contrary to scripture as a whole but it is contrary to the text he takes it from

Scripture does not state unbelievers receive the spirit

you should worry about yourself for that belief is denied by scripture

How you can imagine otherwise is rather mind boggling

That is rather funny when the bible nowhere teaches it

Find a single verse which affirms God determines all of men's desires

Strange you imagine half the bible is filled with it

Well, You know who is on ignore. But from observing the dialog between him and Reformedguy, and taking a peek now and then, Reformedguy is right on for one thing and laying out truth as scripture teaches. Yet it’s denied. If it was my debating with RG I’d back out. As I think I would have at least enough smarts to realize I’d be just a noisy gong by continuing.
I think having a cheerleader helps those though.
That is so laughable

That anyone could take seriously the idea that The holy spirit is given to unbelievers to make them believers is mind boggling
The ignorance of such a position is simply astounding

Also as ignorant the idea unbelievers receive the spirit so they might know the thing given them by God

Even the newest converts are aware the holy spirit is given to believers

Back