Can a "Born Again" Roman Catholic remain in the RCC and continue to follow the erroneous teachings of the RCC?

Yes they are. No other church around can say it was present in apostolic times.
Please show us the NT apostolic church that prayed to the dead, bowed down before statues, taught the false Marian doctrines, harmed the sheep, allowed the sexually immoral to be leaders, lie, condoned murder and torture, raped nuns, had children outside marriage, harmed children. Those fruits show us clearly your church is not the NT church, it is the bad tree. Its leaders do not meet the scriptural requirements for leaders.

Only Protestants. And If that were true, then Jesus and the Holy Spirit were incapable of preserving the Church they started as promised.
Mat 16: 18 And I tell you, you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the powers of death shall not prevail against it.

Revelation 13:7
And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.

Revelation 18:23-24
23And the light of a candle shall shine no more at all in thee; and the voice of the bridegroom and of the bride shall be heard no more at all in thee: for thy merchants were the great men of the earth; for by thy sorceries were all nations deceived. 24And in her was found the blood of prophets, and of saints, and of all that were slain upon the earth.

Revelation 17:3-6
3 So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns.

4 And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication:

5 And upon her forehead was a name written, Mystery, Babylon The Great, The Mother Of Harlots And Abominations Of The Earth.

6 And I saw the woman drunken with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus
: and when I saw her, I wondered with great admiration.

Daniel 7:20-22
20And of the ten horns that were in his head, and of the other which came up, and before whom three fell; even of that horn that had eyes, and a mouth that spake very great things, whose look was more stout than his fellows. 21I beheld, and the same horn made war with the saints, and prevailed against them; 22Until the Ancient of days came, and judgment was given to the saints of the most High; and the time came that the saints possessed the kingdom.

Last edited:
Revelation 13:7
And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.

23And the light of a candle shall shine no more at all in thee; and the voice of the bridegroom and of the bride shall be heard no more at all in thee: for thy merchants were the great men of the earth; for by thy sorceries were all nations deceived. 24And in her was found the blood of prophets, and of saints, and of all that were slain upon the earth.

Revelation 17:3-6
3 So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns.

4 And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication:

5 And upon her forehead was a name written, Mystery, Babylon The Great, The Mother Of Harlots And Abominations Of The Earth.

6 And I saw the woman drunken with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus
: and when I saw her, I wondered with great admiration.

Daniel 7:20-22
20And of the ten horns that were in his head, and of the other which came up, and before whom three fell; even of that horn that had eyes, and a mouth that spake very great things, whose look was more stout than his fellows. 21I beheld, and the same horn made war with the saints, and prevailed against them; 22Until the Ancient of days came, and judgment was given to the saints of the most High; and the time came that the saints possessed the kingdom.
When Jesus Christ built His Church He said, "the gates of hell shall not prevail against it." [Matthew 16:18]

JoeT

Exactly what must be done to be "born again"?

JoeT
Seriously? I assume you are a RC, yet you don't know how to be "born again". I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

It happens this way. First we have to hear the Word of God. “Faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God” (Romans 10:17). That is the first step. “It pleased God through the foolishness of the message preached to save those who believe” (1 Corinthians 1:21). It sounds foolish that words from a Bible have the power to penetrate our hearts and change our lives, but they do, because they are God’s holy words.
Then there is the work of the Holy Spirit. He convicts: “And when He has come, He will convict the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment” (John 16:8). He changes us. He changes our wills, our affections, our objectives for living, our disposition. He gives us a new purpose and new goals. “Old things pass away, and everything becomes new” (Cf. 2 Corinthians 5:17). Then He indwells us: “Do you not know that you are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you?” Does God the Holy Spirit live in you?
Jesus Christ says that we must be born again. How do we become born again? By repenting of sin. That means we are willing to change our way of living. We say to God, “I’m a sinner, and I’m sorry.” It’s simple and childlike. Then by faith we receive Jesus Christ as our Lord and Master and Savior. We are willing to follow Him in a new life of obedience, in which the Holy Spirit helps us as we read the Bible and pray and witness.
If there is a doubt in your mind about whether you have been born again, I hope you will settle it now, because the Bible says in 2 Corinthians 6:2, “Now is the accepted time; … [today] is the day of salvation.”

No Mary, no pope, no immaculate conception, no eucharist, no dogmas.....................just you and Jesus Christ.

Mat 23: 37 “O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the city that kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to it! How often would I have gathered your children together as a hen gathers her brood under her wings, and you were not willing! 38 See, your house is left to you desolate. 39 For I tell you, you will not see me again, until you say, ‘Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord.’”

Born again catholic is an oxymoron
Not necessarily! I grew up in a nominally Catholic family. When I got saved, I started attending the only church I knew – the RC church. However, I experienced Christian fellowship in non-church settings, and the Holy Spirit started moving in my life, letting me see something was missing from the RC masses, and I had to find a different church.

So, yes, people can get saved while being Catholic (e.g. Luther and early Lutherans), but I don't believe that they will stay there.

Jes' mah two cents!
--Rich

Mat 23: 37 “O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the city that kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to it! How often would I have gathered your children together as a hen gathers her brood under her wings, and you were not willing! 38 See, your house is left to you desolate. 39 For I tell you, you will not see me again, until you say, ‘Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord.’”

What are you trying to say?

Seriously? I assume you are a RC, yet you don't know how to be "born again". I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

It happens this way. First we have to hear the Word of God. “Faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God” (Romans 10:17). That is the first step. “It pleased God through the foolishness of the message preached to save those who believe” (1 Corinthians 1:21). It sounds foolish that words from a Bible have the power to penetrate our hearts and change our lives, but they do, because they are God’s holy words.
Then there is the work of the Holy Spirit. He convicts: “And when He has come, He will convict the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment” (John 16:8). He changes us. He changes our wills, our affections, our objectives for living, our disposition. He gives us a new purpose and new goals. “Old things pass away, and everything becomes new” (Cf. 2 Corinthians 5:17). Then He indwells us: “Do you not know that you are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you?” Does God the Holy Spirit live in you?
Jesus Christ says that we must be born again. How do we become born again? By repenting of sin. That means we are willing to change our way of living. We say to God, “I’m a sinner, and I’m sorry.” It’s simple and childlike. Then by faith we receive Jesus Christ as our Lord and Master and Savior. We are willing to follow Him in a new life of obedience, in which the Holy Spirit helps us as we read the Bible and pray and witness.
If there is a doubt in your mind about whether you have been born again, I hope you will settle it now, because the Bible says in 2 Corinthians 6:2, “Now is the accepted time; … [today] is the day of salvation.”

No Mary, no pope, no immaculate conception, no eucharist, no dogmas.....................just you and Jesus Christ.
Oh, I know "born again". I was wondering what is done in the séance. Oh by the way Baptism isn't mentioned in Billy Grahams piece.

JoeT

Oh yeah? Who's the Holy Spirit?
If you truly do not know Who the third Person of the Holy Trinity is, you are in a heap of trouble!
Then again, much spiritual "stuff" has been wrongfully blamed on Him, so

The Holy Spirit is God, and is equal to the Father and the Son. Don't ever speak of Him as "it" or refer to Him as an influence. He is God the Holy Spirit, and is set forth in the Bible as being distinct from the Father and the Son.
from Porter Barrington's Master Outlines in the Christian Life New Testament.

Or as the Nicene Creed puts it,
And we believe in the Holy Spirit,
the Lord, the giver of life.
He proceeds from the Father and the Son,
and with the Father and the Son is worshiped and glorified.
He spoke through the prophets.

Any more discussion should take place in another forum.

--Rich
"Esse quam videri"

It is pointless for you to point fingers at Jerusalem, because for centuries, the ROMAN catholic church, tortured and murdered peoples by the millions. Didn't matter who they were, or where they lived. people were threatened with death by the ROMAN catholic church if they even tried to leave the ROMAN catholic church. This is history that can't sweep under the carpet.

The acquisitions did enough damage, the crusades did even further damage. All of this, because your institution was power hungry, and still is.

If you truly do not know Who the third Person of the Holy Trinity is, you are in a heap of trouble!
Then again, much spiritual "stuff" has been wrongfully blamed on Him, so

The Holy Spirit is God, and is equal to the Father and the Son. Don't ever speak of Him as "it" or refer to Him as an influence. He is God the Holy Spirit, and is set forth in the Bible as being distinct from the Father and the Son.
from Porter Barrington's Master Outlines in the Christian Life New Testament.

Or as the Nicene Creed puts it,
And we believe in the Holy Spirit,
the Lord, the giver of life.
He proceeds from the Father and the Son,
and with the Father and the Son is worshiped and glorified.
He spoke through the prophets.

Any more discussion should take place in another forum.

--Rich
"Esse quam videri"
I was wondering do you believe in "one, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church"? This phrase is part of the Nicene Creed.

JoeT

Back