Can a convertible "deconvert" into a basic sedan? Can the 4th letter of the alphabet D-convert to the letter C?

When deception is on the table as a possibility for one, it's a possibility for all. If anyone was deceived by evil spirits, how would they know? Maybe you are being deceived.

Is it possible, rightly or wrongly, to think the evidence for God is not enough to warrant belief whilst not being deceived?
They wouldn't know that they were being deceived. I didn't know I was deceived when I was an atheist which is inherent in deception. You would only find out after your eyes are open to the existence of the God and the supernatural.

No to your second question. Your deceived until you believe. After that if you don't want anything to do with God, you reject him and go back to your former lifestyle you would be one of those persons spoken of in Romans 1. At least that is how I understand it.

No, I don't have the type of evidence that you want. I'm sure my argument for the evil of this world, a malignant intelligent spirit and his army of fallen angels, is unconvincing and laughable to you.

I've seen and felt the presence of evil spirits. Many people who are involved in the occult are acquainted with them. As long as the powers of darkness have you deceived into believing that God does not exist, they will not likely be seen by you unless you seek after them. They have you right where they want you...far from God.

Any evil in the world, the dark spiritual side is the cause of it whether secondary or primary. Contrarywise, any good in the world, comes from God.
If you were being deceived by Satan, how would you know?

There is no need to invoke evil spirits as causation except that they exist and they like to cause chaos and evil in this world as we read in the book of Job.
We also read therein that Yahweh is the one that allowed Satan to inflict all those evils on Job, because Yahweh considered Job his property to do with as he pleased.

Job's story is one of the most disgusting in the Bible - worse than Abraham's commanded sacrifice, IMO.

They wouldn't know that they were being deceived. I didn't know I was deceived when I was an atheist which is inherent in deception. You would only find out after your eyes are open to the existence of the God and the supernatural.
How do you know you are not being deceived about the existence of God?

If you were being deceived by Satan, how would you know?
Either God would show me that I'm being deceived (he has done that many times) or whatever deception Satan would use to deceive me would lead into sin and be the opposite of what Jesus taught. There may be other ways of knowing deception that I'm unaware of.

We also read therein that Yahweh is the one that allowed Satan to inflict all those evils on Job, because Yahweh considered Job his property to do with as he pleased.
Why would you think that was God's reason to test Job? Whatever you think about God, He has to look like Jesus on the cross dying for the sins of men, His primary motivation is other-oriented, self-sacrificial love. Heb 1: 1-3. Your image of God's character and what motivates him is false.
Job's story is one of the most disgusting in the Bible -
Because....?
worse than Abraham's commanded sacrifice, IMO.
This was a test that God never wanted Abraham to finish. Nevertheless, Abraham believed God's promise and was willing to sacrifice Isaac because he knew that God would bring Isaac back to life in order to fulfil his promise to Abraham.

How do you know you are not being deceived about the existence of God?
When I was a new Christian, I would have an experience with God, and then I would begin to doubt it. This same thing happened many times, over and over, and each time I would recall that experience I had with God and how real it was. This would help dispel the doubts.
After having more and more experiences of the divine, different types, at different times, and different places, eventually I stop doubting. I knew those doubts came from my enemy. Even the times I experienced attacks from the dark side have helped me to believe all the more in God to the point where I no longer doubt his existence.

There is instruction in the epistles of John to test the spirits (whether demonic or human) also.

1John 4:1-3 Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world. 2 By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God, 3 and every spirit that does not confess Jesus[a] is not from God. And this is the spirit of the antichrist, of which you have heard that it is coming, and now it is already in the world.

That there is some power deceiving people into not believing in God is quite a claim. Do you have any evidence to show it so?
Nothing that I can show you. Just personal experiences.
I loathe to suggest that you check out the occult to find out for yourself. It would much better and more profitable to your soul to seek God, instead.

When I was a new Christian, I would have an experience with God, and then I would begin to doubt it. This same thing happened many times, over and over, and each time I would recall that experience I had with God and how real it was. This would help dispel the doubts.
After having more and more experiences of the divine, different types, at different times, and different places, eventually I stop doubting. I knew those doubts came from my enemy. Even the times I experienced attacks from the dark side have helped me to believe all the more in God to the point where I no longer doubt his existence.

There is instruction in the epistles of John to test the spirits (whether demonic or human) also.

1John 4:1-3 Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world. 2 By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God, 3 and every spirit that does not confess Jesus[a] is not from God. And this is the spirit of the antichrist, of which you have heard that it is coming, and now it is already in the world.
But that's all part of the deception, right?

Nothing that I can show you. Just personal experiences.
I loathe to suggest that you check out the occult to find out for yourself. It would much better and more profitable to your soul to seek God, instead.
Then I don't see any reason to believe you. Personal experience doesn't necessarily get you to the truth. Remember the guy in the the video I keep linking to? He was talking about personal experience, but it got him to the wrong God.

Why would you think that was God's reason to test Job?
I don't care about the reason - no reason is good enough, IMO.
This was a test that God never wanted Abraham to finish.
Abraham didn't know that.
As far as Abraham was concerned, he was being commanded to kill Isaac.

"Kill your son, Abraham" doesn't cease to be immoral because Yahweh said "PSYCH!" before he could do it.
Nevertheless, Abraham believed God's promise and was willing to sacrifice Isaac because he knew that God would bring Isaac back to life in order to fulfil his promise to Abraham.
Then it wasn't a test, was it?
And the fact that Abaraham is lauded for capitulating, instead of saying

"Kill my son?! Up yours - you ain't no god of mine!"

is utterly dismal.

Last edited:
It doesn't excuse the wrong that man does because we have a free will to chose to do evil or not.
I would grant that not every natural disaster is caused by spiritual forces but we wouldn't know the difference unless told. There is no need to invoke evil spirits as causation except that they exist and they like to cause chaos and evil in this world as we read in the book of Job. You presuppose that they don't exist. That's your prerogative.
If we are controlled by evil spirits then we don't have free will.

Back