Can a High Priest serve with blemishes?

DefinitionS, plural. Yes, I listed them: 1. serve 2. worship 3. minister. Which definition you use depends on the context.

All peoples and nations and languages render to Him 'pelach', and His dominion is everlasting, and His kingdom will never be destroyed.

Nope, that isn't merely reverence.

That is worship.

Last edited:
And you will to Him.

The proof? See the evidence in post 100.
No, the proof is Jesus himself crying in Gethsemane falling on his knees and face imploring God to save him.

Worshipping on his knees and with his tongue. He'll do it again.

Then if you continue that way until death, He will be your Judge.

Enough said.

- bye -
Two knees and a tongue...

Enough said.... rotfl...

Isaiah 45
22Turn to Me and be saved, all the ends of the earth; for I am God, and there is no other.

23By Myself I have sworn; truth has gone out from My mouth, a word that will not be revoked: Every knee will bow before Me, every tongue will swear allegiance.d

Oh happy days, oh happy days... 🎶 🎵

Bye Fred. 👋

All peoples and nations and languages render to Him 'pelach', and His dominion is everlasting, and His kingdom will never be destroyed.

Nope, that isn't merely reverence.

That is worship.
No. Pelakh only means worship when applied to God. When applied to men, such as the messiah, it means serve, or minister.

Leviticus 21
16Then the LORD said to Moses, 17“Say to Aaron, ‘For the generations to come, none of your descendants who has a physical defect may approach to offer the food of his God.
18No man who has any defect may approach—no man who is blind, lame, disfigured, or deformed; 19no man who has a broken foot or hand, 20or who is a hunchback or dwarf, or who has an eye defect, a festering rash, scabs, or a crushed testicle.
21No descendant of Aaron the priest who has a defect shall approach to present the offerings made by fire to the LORD. Since he has a defect, he is not to come near to offer the food of his God. 22He may eat the most holy food of his God as well as the holy food, 23but because he has a defect, he must not go near the veil or approach the altar, so as not to desecrate My sanctuaries. For I am the LORD who sanctifies them.’ ”
24Moses told this to Aaron and his sons and to all the Israelites.

Why do Christians believe Jesus can serve as High Priest with his physical blemishes endured while being whipped, and the nail wounds in his hands and feet, at the cross?

Lol.

The things were symbolic, why live in the symbols.

Rotfl... if the commandments were always just symbolic, why bother with them at all?

Yes, to point to something else.

The need for a Mediator between God and man... to intercede, to expiate, to stand in the gap and make up the difference of God's holiness to man's sinfulness.

Back