Can a woman be carrying a “daughter” in her womb?

DaGeo

Look, it's quite simple. You made a mistake. You lied about what I said. I have shown you that you made a mistake. Normal people apologize. Some, if not most Christians apologise. You double down. That says all anyone needs to know about you, your integrity and the trustworthiness of anything you say.
Look, it’s really simple. You are in the habit of twisting terminology to make it fit your failed and false worldview.
You think a fetus is nothing more than a blob or whatever you happen to decide it is but in reality a fetus is observationally and scientifically (hint: empirical evidence for) a growing human baby at a specific stage of development. Sweet and simple.
I don’t lie about your abuse of terminology (ie fetus). I simply exposed your abuse of terminology.
You just don’t like to be exposed for who you are

Temujin

Look, it’s really simple. You are in the habit of twisting terminology to make it fit your failed and false worldview.
You think a fetus is nothing more than a blob or whatever you happen to decide it is but in reality a fetus is observationally and scientifically (hint: empirical evidence for) a growing human baby at a specific stage of development. Sweet and simple.
I don’t lie about your abuse of terminology (ie fetus). I simply exposed your abuse of terminology.
You just don’t like to be exposed for who you are
Ah good. Now you ARE lying. Please point out where I have denied that a foetus is a growing and developing unborn human child. As always, you are jumping to conclusions without checking the facts.
Plus, you are running away from your earlier " mistake " confusing me and the OP. You are not having a good day credibility wise. As usual.

BMS

Temujin
Ah good. Now you ARE lying. Please point out where I have denied that a foetus is a growing and developing unborn human child. As always, you are jumping to conclusions without checking the facts.
Plus, you are running away from your earlier " mistake " confusing me and the OP. You are not having a good day credibility wise. As usual.
No he isnt lying, he didnt say you have denied that a foetus is a growing and developing unborn human child. He said you think the foetus is nothing more tham a blob. Indeed DaGeo has also pointed out your twisting of terminology. You twist terminology and then you blame others for their 'interpretation' of terminology

DaGeo

Temujin

No he isnt lying, he didnt say you have denied that a foetus is a growing and developing unborn human child. He said you think the foetus is nothing more tham a blob. Indeed DaGeo has also pointed out your twisting of terminology. You twist terminology and then you blame others for their 'interpretation' of terminology
I’m glad other people are seeing the lies he tells‼️‼️

DaGeo

Your speculative notions are hardly worth noting.
Seems you can’t keep track of your own lies.
Remember MikeT, your impressionable disciple is watching, so please don’t lead him astray

Reactions: BMS

DaGeo

Your speculative notions are hardly worth noting.
Seems you can’t keep track of your own lies.
Remember MikeT, your impressionable disciple is watching, so please don’t lead him astray
You equivocate back and forth, sometimes, when it’s convenient, you refer to the fetus as an unborn child, other times as a blob or to that effect. When l find your lying post I copy it if you promise not to delete it before then

DaGeo

After five months, the probable sex of the foetus is fairly easy to determine. I'm not sure what your point is. Presumably the couple concerned referred to the foetus as their daughter. It would probably help them to mourn.I have absolutely no problem with that. Did they have an abortion? Anencephaly is rarely survivable.

I would not class this foetus as a person for this reason. Neither presumably would @romishpopishorganist since the foetus would have no potential for rational thought .
This gem is one of your posts claiming the foetus in not a person or unborn baby just because it doesn’t meet your personal criterion.

What an adventure this is. Rehashing your incoherence

Did you know that a baby girl defied the odds and lived 28 months with anencephaly?

But you wouldn’t classify this real human being as a person

Temujin

This gem is one of your posts claiming the foetus in not a person or unborn baby just because it doesn’t meet your personal criterion.

What an adventure this is. Rehashing your incoherence

Did you know that a baby girl defied the odds and lived 28 months with anencephaly?

But you wouldn’t classify this real human being as a person
The foetus is not a person because it doesn't meet the criteria to be a person. Not my personal criteria, but the criteria laid down by society as a whole, enshrined in law and recorded on history. My personal views are just opinion, as are yours. You are welcome to argue against my opinions, which don't precisely match the legal reality either in your country or mine. Laws can change of course, so that keeps the debate alive, at least for you. There's no prospect of the law changing in the UK.

Do you actually read the posts you reply to? I ask because if so , you should seek help for memory loss. For example post #166, you reply to yourself, admit that you have been lying and congratulate yourself for helping yourself. In the very next post, you again reply to yourself, telling yourself
When l find your lying post I copy it if you promise not to delete it before then
Perhaps you don't realise that only Mods can delete posts over 30 minutes old. I guess that you will be begging them to delete these two classic, idiotic faux pas.

In this post you talk of a child "beating the odds" to survive anencephaly for 28 months. A rare, indeed unique case. Please note the word rare, which is the word I too use to describe anencephaly survival.

"Anencephaly is a fatal condition. Most fetuses with anencephaly pass away before birth, and the pregnancy ends in miscarriage. Babies born with anencephaly die within a few hours, days or weeks. Infants who survive at birth may seem to respond to touch or sound, but these responses are involuntary." That's a quote from Cleveland Clinic, by the way. Please note how it refers to the foetus before birth, the baby being born and infants after birth. Clear, authoritative and accurate. Unlike your ramblings.

Oh, and you are once again "mistaken" in telling me what I would say about this particular child. I would be consistent. I would have not classed this as a person before birth. After birth they would be a person for as long as they survived. Please at least try and avoid telling lies about what other people believe or have said. It's not a good look and brings disrepute on your position, which needs all the help and support it can get. Rather like a child born with anencephaly.

Last edited:

BMS

The foetus is not a person because it doesn't meet the criteria to be a person.
it does, as shown. The law needs changing.

Not my personal criteria, but the criteria laid down by society as a whole, enshrined in law and recorded on history.
not all societies or throughout history, nor all the time in law as shown by the UK as we saw recently the Offences Against the Person Act.

There's no prospect of the law changing in the UK.
there is every prospect of UK abortion law changing the limit.

you should seek help for memory loss.
isnt that what has occured with you with the above or do you just ignore the evidence you dont like?

"Anencephaly is a fatal condition.
so is abortion.
Most fetuses with anencephaly pass away before birth,
all unborn human beings get killed in abortion

Temujin, your thinking is biased and deluded

Authentic Nouveau

That's not what I said, so, no it's not correct that in my view a foetus can be a daughter while not being a person. My definitions are the standard ones:
Daughter- female offspring, in this case of human parents.
Person - born, human, alive.

The point is that my view is not relevant in this case. As always, the view that counts is the view of the parents, particularly the mother. If she regards the unviable foetus as a daughter and as a person, then she has every right to do so. That's her choice. That's what being Pro-Choice means, not imposing my view on the people who are directly concerned.
The English word for fetus is offspring

until the pro-deathers and their word games tried to change it.

Temujin

The English word for fetus is offspring

until the pro-deathers and their word games tried to change it.
The English word for ignorant is ignorant.
The English word for unteachable is unteachable.
The English word for liar is liar.

The English word for foetus is foetus.

BMS

Temujin,

No, the origin for the word foetus is offspring. You are an offspring of your biological father and mother, you are now at your current stage of life, you were when you were at the stage of childhood, and you were when you were at the foetal stage. Same you. Whether you call yourself or anyone else whatever word you use is immaterial.

We know your criteria is 'person'. The entity remains the same regardless of what criteria we disagree on.