Can anyone tell me how to save game progress on a cell phone...

Bonnie

when one upgrades to a new phone? I have had upgrades where I lost all progress in games on my phones. I think one must download an app of some sort to save it to a cloud, then download it onto the new phone. I am not terribly computer savvy, so can anyone explain to me in simple language, how to do it?

praise_yeshua

Usually, software that transfers settings from phone to phone, just reinstalls the application on the phone from either the apple store or the android play store. It doesn't actually even attempt to move anything local on the phone to the new phone. (as far apps go)

If you use android with a gmail account and use the sync options, you have have many of your setting across multiple devices. Which is what most schools are doing now with remotely learning. That way you have your browser setting on any device.

None of these work with games that I know of. There maybe "hacks" for certain games where you can move certain files between devices but this usually involves bypassing safety features on the device (what they call rooting a device).

Bonnie

Usually, software that transfers settings from phone to phone, just reinstalls the application on the phone from either the apple store or the android play store. It doesn't actually even attempt to move anything local on the phone to the new phone. (as far apps go)

If you use android with a gmail account and use the sync options, you have have many of your setting across multiple devices. Which is what most schools are doing now with remotely learning. That way you have your browser setting on any device.

None of these work with games that I know of. There maybe "hacks" for certain games where you can move certain files between devices but this usually involves bypassing safety features on the device (what they call rooting a device).
My husband figured it out. He saved my games on my tablet to Facebook. He bought himself a new tablet, that is much faster than his old one and manage to transfer the progress in all his games but one onto the new tablet via Facebook. It may be an app that he downloaded; I forget. I do know there are apps that one can download to help save game progress when transferring data from one device to another. I just found this out. :) I am getting a new a new tablet myself for Christmas. My old one works fine but it is slow and he said his new one is much faster. :)

SteveB

when one upgrades to a new phone? I have had upgrades where I lost all progress in games on my phones. I think one must download an app of some sort to save it to a cloud, then download it onto the new phone. I am not terribly computer savvy, so can anyone explain to me in simple language, how to do it?
Talk to your phone seller/service provider.
I'm a verizon/Android user, and it's not very difficult.
I am not an IPhone user, so I have no idea how they do their data/information transfers.

e v e

if you have iphone, i‘d get Imazing. It’s really good!

SteveB

No, we have Galaxy Notes, and use A T and T. Smart phones.
If you're using a Note, then it's pretty simple.
Samsung has an app called- smart switch.
Contact AT&T, and ask them to guide you through the process.

Bonnie

Thanks. My tablet is a Galaxy Tab E. I do not know what my husband will get me for Christmas, but probably the same one he has now. Offhand, I do not know what it is called.