Can Christians get this test about GOD correct ?

The Prophet

Q & A 15. Do the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit constitute the Godhead? They do.

If we believed or taught God is One as do the Evangelicals than why did JS teach the following:
The Book of Mormon is clear God the Father had no Father his JST on Revelation 1:6 is clear

Lion IRC

I doubt Mormons can get at least a 50% score :)

"Each of the three persons of the Godhead is one-third of God" ???

No. Of course not.
Everyone knows...
100% plus 100% plus 100% = 300%
And 300 minus 100 still equals 300.

Richard7

The Book of Mormon is clear God the Father had no Father his JST on Revelation 1:6 is clear
Book of Mormon was written as a second witness that Jesus is the Christ, nothing else needed to be taught that deals with Our Creator.
Christians are famous for saying,

For what man knows the things of a man except the spirit of the man which is in him? Even so no one knows the things of God except the Spirit of God.

So I guess that will be my answer also...

The Prophet

Book of Mormon was written as a second witness that Jesus is the Christ, nothing else needed to be taught that deals with Our Creator.
Christians are famous for saying,

So I guess that will be my answer also...
The Book of Mormon never teaches the Mormon Jesus Christ only Tradition Orthodox one

Mormons follow a different Christ then Christians...

The traditional Christ of whom they speak is not the Christ of whom I speak. For the Christ of whom I speak as been revealed in this the Dispensation of the Fullness of Times. He together with His Father, appeared to the boy Joseph Smith in the year 1820, and when Joseph left the grove that day, he knew more of the matters of God than all the learned ministers of the gospel of the ages." (Church News, June 20, 1998, p70) Gordon B Hinckley

We Look to Christ 2002 General Conference April

LDS Apostle Bruce McConkie taught that Christians have "a mythical Christ" (Mormon Doctrine, p.269). That means we must decide which faith has the real Christ because somebody clearly has a mythical Christ. Do these faiths have the same Jesus? No, if you read the LDS Ensign. It says Christian Churches worship a different Jesus (May 1977, p.26).

Richard7

The Book of Mormon never teaches the Mormon Jesus Christ only Tradition Orthodox one
My answer is the same.... BOM is a second witness that Jesus is the Christ... debate what you want, but the Bible also teaches that Jesus is the Christ... and it also teaches the God is the literal Father of Jesus Christ in the flesh.... christian will deny that..

The Prophet

My answer is the same.... BOM is a second witness that Jesus is the Christ... debate what you want, but the Bible also teaches that Jesus is the Christ... and it also teaches the God is the literal Father of Jesus Christ in the flesh.... christian will deny that..
Who denies God is is the literal Father of Jesus Christ in the flesh ? Sounds like misinformation

CrowCross

What about the pre-incarnate Jesus?

How did he come to be?

Richard7

Who denies God is is the literal Father of Jesus Christ in the flesh ? Sounds like misinformation
Really, well I'm glad you're on board with that... so you then admit that JC is the literal son of God in the flesh and Mary his mother.
It was Gods seed that impregnated Mary... how nice to see a evangelical believe that...

Richard7

So, when a Mormon tells me Jesus (and his brother Lucifer) were a product of a relationship with the celestial Father and celestial Mother...they're wrong?
I never mentioned any relationship if you mean sexual... that is not our doctrine, its a anti mormon claim that we preach that...

CrowCross

I never mentioned any relationship if you mean sexual... that is not our doctrine, its a anti mormon claim that we preach that...
I never said it was sexual...just some sort of relationship.

From reading your post I understand you believe the pre-incarnate Jesus, once wasn't.

Richard7

I never said it was sexual...just some sort of relationship.

From reading your post I understand you believe the pre-incarnate Jesus, once wasn't.
chuckle... I never claimed that, if you read what I said you would have seen that everything is without beginning, matter is orgaized by God to create many earths and is the Father of our Spirits.... Christ, you and I have always existed... theory is that intelligences has always been with God. We completely frown upon the doctrine of ex nihilo... something out of nothing. Christians believe this but have no proof even when sourcing the bible...

The scriptural source for the word "intelligences" is the book of Abraham 3:21-22. The Lord instructed the patriarch Abraham regarding the premortal experiences of all who have been or ever will be upon the earth. Among those events was the Council in Heaven, at which the Father's Plan of Salvation for his children was discussed. Abraham wrote of this, "Now the Lord had shown unto me, Abraham, the intelligences that were organized before the world was; …for he stood among those that were spirits, and he saw that they were good; and he said unto me: Abraham, thou art one of them" (Abr. 3:22-23). The Prophet Joseph Smith spoke of intelligences as follows: "God himself, finding he was in the midst of spirits and glory, because he was more intelligent, saw proper to institute laws whereby the rest could have a privilege to advance like himself. The relationship we have with God places us in a situation to advance in knowledge. He has power to institute laws to instruct the weaker intelligences, that they may be exalted with himself, so that they might have one glory upon another, and all that knowledge, power, glory, and intelligence, which is requisite in order to save them" (TPJS, p. 354).

Concerning man's premortal existence, the Lord revealed to Joseph Smith, "Man was also in the beginning with God. Intelligence, or the light of truth, was not created or made, neither indeed can be" (D&C 93:29). "Intelligence," as used here, is singular, and it is not clear from this passage if it refers to individual, conscious identity. As noted, Abraham referred to the spirit offspring of God as organized intelligences, apparently using the word "intelligences" to mean "spirits." Church authorities have indicated that spirit birth was not the beginning. Spencer W. Kimball, then a member of the Quorum of the Twelve, wrote, "Our spirit matter was eternal and co-existent with God, but it was organized into spirit bodies by our Heavenly Father" (The Miracle of Forgiveness, p. 5, Salt Lake City, 1969). Marion G. Romney, of the First Presidency, speaking of people's divine origin as children of God, stated, "Through that birth process, self-existing intelligence was organized into individual spirit beings" (Ensign 8 [Nov. 1978]:14). Bruce R. McConkie, an apostle, wrote: Abraham used the name intelligences to apply to the spirit children of the Eternal Father. The intelligence or spirit element became intelligences after the spirits were born as individual entities (Abr. 3:22-24). Use of this name designates both the primal element from which the spirit offspring were created and also their inherited capacity to grow in grace, knowledge, power, and intelligence itself, until such intelligences, gaining the fulness of all things, become like their Father, the Supreme Intelligence [MD, p. 387].

Intelligences - The Encyclopedia of Mormonism

CrowCross

chuckle... I never claimed that, if you read what I said you would have seen that everything is without beginning, matter is orgaized by God to create many earths and is the Father of our Spirits.... Christ, you and I have always existed... theory is that intelligences has always been with God. We completely frown upon the doctrine of ex nihilo... something out of nothing. Christians believe this but have no proof even when sourcing the bible...

The scriptural source for the word "intelligences" is the book of Abraham 3:21-22. The Lord instructed the patriarch Abraham regarding the premortal experiences of all who have been or ever will be upon the earth. Among those events was the Council in Heaven, at which the Father's Plan of Salvation for his children was discussed. Abraham wrote of this, "Now the Lord had shown unto me, Abraham, the intelligences that were organized before the world was; …for he stood among those that were spirits, and he saw that they were good; and he said unto me: Abraham, thou art one of them" (Abr. 3:22-23). The Prophet Joseph Smith spoke of intelligences as follows: "God himself, finding he was in the midst of spirits and glory, because he was more intelligent, saw proper to institute laws whereby the rest could have a privilege to advance like himself. The relationship we have with God places us in a situation to advance in knowledge. He has power to institute laws to instruct the weaker intelligences, that they may be exalted with himself, so that they might have one glory upon another, and all that knowledge, power, glory, and intelligence, which is requisite in order to save them" (TPJS, p. 354).

Concerning man's premortal existence, the Lord revealed to Joseph Smith, "Man was also in the beginning with God. Intelligence, or the light of truth, was not created or made, neither indeed can be" (D&C 93:29). "Intelligence," as used here, is singular, and it is not clear from this passage if it refers to individual, conscious identity. As noted, Abraham referred to the spirit offspring of God as organized intelligences, apparently using the word "intelligences" to mean "spirits." Church authorities have indicated that spirit birth was not the beginning. Spencer W. Kimball, then a member of the Quorum of the Twelve, wrote, "Our spirit matter was eternal and co-existent with God, but it was organized into spirit bodies by our Heavenly Father" (The Miracle of Forgiveness, p. 5, Salt Lake City, 1969). Marion G. Romney, of the First Presidency, speaking of people's divine origin as children of God, stated, "Through that birth process, self-existing intelligence was organized into individual spirit beings" (Ensign 8 [Nov. 1978]:14). Bruce R. McConkie, an apostle, wrote: Abraham used the name intelligences to apply to the spirit children of the Eternal Father. The intelligence or spirit element became intelligences after the spirits were born as individual entities (Abr. 3:22-24). Use of this name designates both the primal element from which the spirit offspring were created and also their inherited capacity to grow in grace, knowledge, power, and intelligence itself, until such intelligences, gaining the fulness of all things, become like their Father, the Supreme Intelligence [MD, p. 387].

You're kinda saying Jesus was simply once a figment of Gods imagination...a thought...Forgive me for not buying that explanation for Jesus always existing.

The thought (intelligence) in Gods mind (pre-existant Jesus) couldn't think for itself. It didn't even know it was.

Then it morphs into something else when it is described as "Our spirit matter was eternal and co-existent with God"....The explanation morphed from being a thought to spiritual matter...two separate and distinct things.

More problems....from your post..."apparently using the word "intelligences" to mean "spirits.""
Then we're told.... "Through that birth process, self-existing intelligence was organized into individual spirit beings"

When we substitute spirits with intelligence the concept seem to not make sense. As it would read....
"Through that birth process, self-existing spirits was organized into individual spirit beings"

I think your explanation needs much work.

The Prophet

The Book of Mormon teaches ex nihilo along with the Bible Jacob 4:9 and Mormon 9:17 :)