Can one be a Christian, if one denies the Trinity?

Fred

Because a false god cannot save anyone. Many deny the Lord Jesus is God. In doing so they have denied the true gospel that is to be preached.

See point 3.

To receive a another Jesus is to receive a different Spirit which belongs to a different gospel (2 Corinthians 11:4).

Yahchristian

Many deny the Lord Jesus is God. In doing so they have denied the true gospel that is to be preached.

Whereas I believe the Lord Jesus is the incarnation of God...

Many on this forum believe the Lord Jesus is the incarnation of ONE OF THREE who are called God.

What do YOU believe?

curious

Trinity -
(Matt 28:19 [WPNT])
As you go make disciples in all ethnic nations: baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit;

(Matt 28:20 [WPNT])
teaching them to obey everything that I commanded you; and take note, I am with you every day, until the end of the age!” Amen.

Fred

Jesus was always God and will always be God. He become a man during His incarnation.
1. Mounce’s Complete Expository Dictionary of Old and New Testament Words: But in Jn. 1:1, the logos is not only from God, but is God. According to John, this logos was in the beginning, was with God, and was God Himself (Word, page 803).
2. BDAG (3rd Edition): John 1:1abc, 14...It is the distinctive teaching of the Fourth Gospel that this divine 'Word' took on human form in a historical person, that is, Jesus (logos, page 601).

Yahchristian

Trinity -
(Matt 28:19 [WPNT])
As you go make disciples in all ethnic nations: baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit;

I believe Peter was a Christian...

Acts 2:38... Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for ther emission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Do you?

curious

(John 1:1 [WPNT])
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

(John 1:2-5 [WPNT])
He Himself existed in the beginning with God.

(John 1:3 [WPNT])
All things came to be by Him; that is, apart from Him not even one thing that has come into being came to be.

(John 1:4 [WPNT])
In Him was life, and the life was the light of mankind.

(John 1:5 [WPNT])
Now the Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.

curious

I believe Peter was a Christian...

Acts 2:38... Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for ther emission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Do you?
here is the question once again, answer if you like

Can one be a Christian, if one denies the Trinity?​

curious

Belief in Jesus Christ is the main thing when it comes to salvation. As you follow after Jesus, you will begin to know more about God through prayer and the Bible, which obviously you know something of. Who is Wilber Pickering?
Regarding Wilbur Pickering, yes

Yahchristian

(John 1:1 [WPNT])
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

(John 1:2-5 [WPNT])
He Himself existed in the beginning with God.

(John 1:3 [WPNT])
All things came to be by Him; that is, apart from Him not even one thing that has come into being came to be.

(John 1:4 [WPNT])
In Him was life, and the life was the light of mankind.

(John 1:5 [WPNT])
Now the Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.

I believe every verse in the Bible, including this one...

John 14:9... Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?

Do you?

P.S.

Are you able to post an overview of what you believe? Here is mine...

GOD is spirit and is the only one who is eternal. GOD is also in the universe as spirit and as a human. GOD in the universe as spirit is called the Spirit of God, GOD in the universe as a human is called the Son of God, and eternal GOD is called God the Father.

Here is a little more detail of what I believe..

For this creation, GOD (the only one who transcends all creation) determined to create a universe with a kingdom of redeemed humans for his glory where he would reign as a human himself. The Scriptures describe how GOD would accomplish his plan. In an instant, eternal GOD (called God the Father) created the supernatural and spacetime of this universe and also became immanent in the universe as spirit (called the Spirit of God) and as a human with a glorious body (called the Son of God). God the Father then created all things within the universe by the power of the Spirit of God commanded by the Son of God (whose name is Jesus). But whereas GOD created a spirit and soul for each of us, GOD himself became the spirit and soul of Jesus. At his conception, Jesus' glorious body was changed to a mortal body to be made like us so he could make reconciliation for our sins. At his resurrection, Jesus' mortal body was changed back to a glorious body and he will also give each of his elect a glorious body when he returns to reign in his kingdom forever.

Yahchristian

Yes, since Peter was a Christian and he baptized in the name of Jesus...

P.S.

Here is the question once again, answer if you like

Do you think Paul was a Christian?

Last edited:

OldShepherd

I would say, no but there may be some circumstances where a person may have a view acceptable to Trinitarians and they only object to the word "Trinity."

jamesh

Yes, since Peter was a Christian and he baptized in the name of Jesus...

P.S.

Here is the question once again, answer if you like

Do you think Paul was a Christian?

Why is it that you such an "obstinate" person? Of course Peter and Paul and Mary are Christians. Also, Peter is "NOT" inserting water baptism to be saved because it is a work, not grace as Ephesians 2:8-9 states. Your always argumentative asking the same ole dumb questions. Are Peter and Paul Christians, unbelievable? Btw, God the Father is not the person of the Holy Spirit as you teach.

IN GOD THE SON,
james

jamesh

Yes...

No...
Here's the deal, and btw welcome to CARM. I do not believe Trinitarianism is a REQUIREMENT for salvation. It is the RESULT off salvation, why? Because you cannot know Jesus Christ and somehow miss the fract that He is God. You cannot have experienced the presence of the Holy Spirit of God and somehow miss that He is God.

Romans 8:9-11, "However, you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God DWELLS in you. But if anyone DOES NOT HAVE THE SPIRIT OF CHRIST, he does not belong to Him. Vs10, And if Christ is in you, though the body is dead because of sin, it the spirit is alive because of righteousness. Vs11, But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead DWELLS IN YOU, He who raised Christ Jesus from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who indwells you."

As a side note, please notice John 2:19 where He said, "Destroy this temple and in three days I WILL RAISE IT UP." This means God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit raised Jesus Christ from the dead.

IN GOD THE SON,
james

JNelson

Of course because the trinity isn’t taught anywhere in scriptures. Jesus says “This is eternal life, that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom you have sent.”