Can ppl be saved w/o ever hearing the gospel?

brightfame52

I asked @brightfame52 this question, so instead of answering me then, he said to start a thread about it.

What say ye, ye blokes?
I would like to answer that question. No I don't believe a person can be saved without ever hearing the gospel. The Gospel is primarily for people who have been saved. God sends the saved the Gospel of their Salvation Ephesians 1 13 this spiritual hearing of the Gospel to the saved gives Faith, for Faith cometh by hearing the word of truth. The Gospel is Good news to the saved. I would add that the Gospel didn't save the person, but Christ did by His Blood.

SovereignGrace

I would like to answer that question. No I don't believe a person can be saved without ever hearing the gospel. The Gospel is primarily for people who have been saved. God sends the saved the Gospel of their Salvation Ephesians 1 13 this spiritual hearing of the Gospel to the saved gives Faith, for Faith cometh by hearing the word of truth. The Gospel is Good news to the saved. I would add that the Gospel didn't save the person, but Christ did by His Blood.
Ermmmm, that's PB doctrine right there. I'll take your word you are not a PB, but that is exactly what they teach.

TomFL

Totally unbiblical

Eph 1:13 says nothing at all about God sending the gospel to the saved

It does show men are in Christ thus saved when they believe the gospel

zerinus

I asked @brightfame52 this question, so instead of answering me then, he said to start a thread about it.

What say ye, ye blokes?
Yes:

Romans 2:

9 Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile;
10 But glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile:
11 For there is no respect of persons with God.
12 For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law;
13 (For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.
14 For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:
15 Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another; )
16 In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.

People can't be saved by knowingly and wilfully rejecting the gospel, however. Those are two different things. But somebody who has never heard of the gospel, and therefore never had a chance to accept or reject it, but still lives by the principles of righteousness as outlined by Paul in Romans 2, will still be saved, like he says.

Last edited:

e v e

What say ye, ye blokes?
God can talk to any soul. Scripture is his written down words. So of course He can bring a soul closer to Him even if that soul was not preached to by other men or read the bible. He is God.

However the gospel is part 1.

The Change is what being saved is.

brightfame52

Totally unbiblical

Eph 1:13 says nothing at all about God sending the gospel to the saved

It does show men are in Christ thus saved when they believe the gospel
Sure it does. First thing they heard a spiritual message which denotes they were spiritually alive at the time of hearing, they which are of God hear God's words Jn 8 47. Secondly it was. the Gospel of their Salvation. That means they possessed Salvation , it was already in their possession else it's remiss to term it the Gospel of their Salvation. It belonged to them. Thirdly a lost person doesn't have salvation, they are lost, and consequently the Gospel is hidden from them that are lost 2 Cor 4:3-4!

preacher4truth

Sure it does. First thing they heard a spiritual message which denotes they were spiritually alive at the time of hearing, they which are of God hear God's words Jn 8 47. Secondly it was. the Gospel of their Salvation. That means they possessed Salvation , it was already in their possession else it's remis to term it the Gospel of their Salvation. It belonged to them. Thirdly a lost person doesn't have salvation, they are lost, and consequently the Gospel is hidden from them that are lost 2 Cor 4:3-4!
That's completely contrary to Ephesians 2.

Reformedguy

Yes:

Romans 2:

9 Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile;
10 But glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile:
11 For there is no respect of persons with God.
12 For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law;
13 (For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.
14 For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:
15 Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another; )
16 In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.

People can't be saved by knowingly and wilfully rejecting the gospel, however. Those are two different things. But somebody who has never heard of the gospel, and therefore never had a chance to accept or reject it, but still lives by the principles of righteousness as outlined by Paul in Romans 2, will still be saved, like he says.
Why preach the gospel then? Are you saved until you hear it and reject it?

preacher4truth

Do you want to start a thread on Ephesians 2 now?
There is no mandated biblical text for this thread, but that is typical you using underhanded ways to deflect.

So no, I can dismantle your false gospel right here in this thread.

Your "gospel" is not only contrary to Ephesians 2, it is contrary to John 3:18.

preacher4truth

A P.B. and didn't even know it ?
Remember he's already admitted openly he has teachings he won't divulge. All false sects implement this; trolling for prey, once they get a bite then they've gotten a disciple to follow them (Acts 20:29-30). They will speak twisted things according to this text, which describes what he does with Scripture. Once they get a follower they poison them with their doctrine and begin to divulge their error.

These are contrary to Paul who denounced these underhanded ways and spoke openly about all his beliefs; 2 Corinthians 4:1-4; Acts 20:26. There is no secret teaching among true gospel preachers and teachers.

zerinus

Why preach the gospel then? Are you saved until you hear it and reject it?
According to Romans 2, anybody who acts in righteousness before God will be saved, whether they have heard of the gospel or not. But the chances of them acting righteously before God is far greater if they hear the gospel, and believe in Jesus, than if they don't. That is why it is necessary that the gospel is preached.

1 Corinthians 7:

19 Circumcision is nothing, and uncircumcision is nothing, but the keeping of the commandments of God.

brightfame52

There is no mandated biblical text for this thread, but that is typical you using underhanded ways to deflect.

So no, I can dismantle your false gospel right here in this thread.

Your "gospel" is not only contrary to Ephesians 2, it is contrary to John 3:18.
I will discuss Eph 2 with you if you start a thread on it. And if you do don't put my name in the title.

Reformedguy

According to Romans 2, anybody who acts in righteousness before God will be saved, whether they have heard of the gospel or not. But the chances of them acting righteously before God is far greater if they hear the gospel, and believe in Jesus, than if they don't. That is why it is necessary that the gospel is preached.

1 Corinthians 7:

19 Circumcision is nothing, and uncircumcision is nothing, but the keeping of the commandments of God.
Why not address my point instead of repeating yourself?