Can the external call of the gospel by itself produce faith in the heart of the natural man?

Carbon

If faith is the result from the preaching of the word, the hearer must possess subjective receptivity
Wouldn’t someone have to have a state of mind that is capable of faith?

Scripture teaches the natural man is blind to spiritual values and that the sinful heart is so far from yielding itself to loving trust towards God, since it is at enmity with God.

So how can the external call of the gospel by itself, produce faith in the heart of the natural fallen man?

If faith is the result from the preaching of the word, the hearer must possess subjective receptivity

Scripture teaches the natural man is blind to spiritual values and that the sinful heart is so far from yielding itself to loving trust towards God, since it is at enmity with God.

So how can the external call of the gospel by itself, produce faith in the heart of the natural fallen man?
God's word says/shows it is sufficient

John 20:31 (KJV 1900)

31 But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

2 Timothy 3:15 (KJV 1900)
15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

Isaiah 55:11 (KJV 1900)
11 So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth:
It shall not return unto me void,
But it shall accomplish that which I please,
And it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

Psalm 19:7 (KJV 1900)

7 ………………………The testimony of the Lord is sure, making wise the simple.

Psalm 119:130 (KJV 1900)

130 The entrance of thy words giveth light;

It giveth understanding unto the simple.

Romans 10:17 (KJV 1900)

17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

I would say a man could put faith in any religion including if it happens to be the gospel. His state of mind is like with any. The natural mind doesn't recognize the gospel better or less than anything else.

But if it is humble faith in the gospel God will honor it, put the Holy Spirit in him and open his eyes and give him Spirit confirmed faith ie save him.

General revelation and/or the Holy Spirit due to prayers directs attention to the gospel and conviction to encourage faith.

The natural man is at enmity with God because he's in sin and not saved and may want to stay that way.

I would say a man could put faith in any religion including if it happens to be the gospel. His state of mind is like with any. The natural mind doesn't recognize the gospel better or less than anything else.
Depends on what you mean of faith?
Saving faith includes three elements: knowledge, assent and trust. The stress is laid on trust.
But if it is humble faith in the gospel God will honor it, put the Holy Spirit in him and open his eyes and give him Spirit confirmed faith ie save him.
The natural man at enmity with God possesses a humble faith towards Him? Really? Think about that for a while…?
Do you know what enmity is?
General revelation and/or the Holy Spirit due to prayers directs attention to the gospel and conviction to encourage faith.
Where is this taught?
The natural man is at enmity with God because he's in sin and not saved and may want to stay that way.
The natural man sins because he is evil in nature and therefore at enmity with God.

The natural man at enmity with God possesses a humble faith towards Him? Really? Think about that for a while…?
Do you know what enmity is?

The natural man sins because he is evil in nature and therefore at enmity with God.
@Kampioen
The natural enmity against God must be done away with if we are to entrust ourselves to Christ.

Back