Can you hear Jesus?

Our Lord's God

Jesus said his sheep hear his voice. John 10

How about you? Do you hear his voice?

These guys could not hear Jesus and Jesus explains why:

"Why do you not understand what I am saying? It is because you cannot hear my word. 44 You are of your father the devil, and you want to do the desires of your father. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth because there is no truth in him. Whenever he speaks a lie, he speaks from himself, for he is a liar and the father of lies. 45 But because I speak the truth, you do not believe me. 46 Which one of you convicts me of sin? If I speak truth, why do you not believe me? 47 He who is of God hears the words of God; for this reason you do not hear them, because you are not of God.”
John 8:43-47

So how about you? Do you hear him?

"He who has an ear to hear, let him hear."

Do you hear him?

"For the gate is small and the way is difficult that leads to life, and there are few who find it." - Jesus
Matthew 7:14

Do you hear him? Do you believe him?

"Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire." - Jesus
Matthew 7:19

Why do you call me "Lord, Lord" and not do what I say?" - Jesus
Luke 6:46

"Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven... THEREFORE everyone who hears these words of mine and does them, may be compared to a wise man who built his house on the rock. And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and slammed against that house; and it did not fall, for it had been founded on the rock. Everyone who hears these words of mine and does not do them, will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand. The rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and slammed against that house; and it fell—and great was its fall.” Matthew 7:21-27

“He who loves father or mother more than me is not worthy of me and he who loves son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. And he who does not take his cross and follow after me is not worthy of me." Matthew 10:37-38

"If anyone wishes to come after me, he must deny himself, and take up his cross and follow me. For whoever wants to save his soul will lose it but whoever loses his soul for my sake will find it. For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world and forfeits his soul? Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul? FOR the son of man is going to come in the glory of his Father with his angels, and will then repay every man according to his deeds." Matthew 16:24-27

“If anyone comes to me, and does not hate his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, and even his own soul, he cannot be my disciple. Whoever does not carry his own cross and come after me cannot be my disciple.... none of you can be my disciple who does not forsake all that he has." Luke 14:26-33

"Why do you not understand what I am saying? It is because you cannot hear my word. 44 You are of your father the devil, and you want to do the desires of your father. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth because there is no truth in him. Whenever he speaks a lie, he speaks from himself, for he is a liar and the father of lies. But because I speak the truth, you do not believe me. 46 Which one of you convicts me of sin? If I speak truth, why do you not believe me? He who is of God hears the words of God; for this reason you do not hear them, because you are not of God.” John 8:43-47

So how about you? Did you hear him?

Dizerner

hell loves nothin like devotion to Jesus​
when your the best of the disciples​
lookin down on the Judas​
trustin in your works cause you have to believe that​
your goodness is that extra oomph added to Jes-us​
my righteousness is rockin out​
all these others are sinners​
O, Christ shed a little Blood​
my works, the real winners​
the best deed that I've done​
shines out like it's heaven​
just add that little extra stuff​
Jesus had to have giv-en​
i thank God im not like those​
not so devoted—​
salvation by denying self—​
and denying i've boasted​
even this poster here,​
yea right-on-Carm​
treats grace like a lic-ense​
cheap way out of harm...​
He says, no way—you've got it all wrong...​
all the good things he's done​
never could be enough​
stripped of all my works​
is the Blood gonna cover​
when the Spirit moves faith improves​
Cross sayin it's over​
is the righteousness in the Word​
really all-by-grace​
or is it by my hard-earned works​
i win heaven's place​
oh look: another silly post​
the point has been missed!​
but God forbid that I should boast​
except in what's a gift​
you ask do i hear​
the voice-of-God​
well i used to be a Pharisee​
and now I'm... not​
you think i've made no point—​
well that's for Christ to decide​
if you judge another's servant​
your filled up with pride​
*drops the mic*​
my testimony:​

Gary Mac

47 He who is of God hears the words of God; for this reason you do not hear them, because you are not of God.”

This should make these who say Jesus is God question what they are hearing, but they cant hear Jesus who tries to lead people to God they are to busy dictating their own rules for their gods.

But as Jesus stated they cant hear him and listen to the one who leads them away from God be in them.

Gary Mac

hell loves nothin like devotion to Jesus​
when your the best of the disciples​
lookin down on the Judas​
trustin in your works cause you have to believe that​
your goodness is that extra oomph added to Jes-us​
my righteousness is rockin out​
all these others are sinners​
O, Christ shed a little Blood​
my works, the real winners​
the best deed that I've done​
shines out like it's heaven​
just add that little extra stuff​
Jesus had to have giv-en​
i thank God im not like those​
not so devoted—​
salvation by denying self—​
and denying i've boasted​
even this poster here,​
yea right-on-Carm​
treats grace like a lic-ense​
cheap way out of harm...​
He says, no way—you've got it all wrong...​
all the good things he's done​
never could be enough​
stripped of all my works​
is the Blood gonna cover​
when the Spirit moves faith improves​
Cross sayin it's over​
is the righteousness in the Word​
really all-by-grace​
or is it by my hard-earned works​
i win heaven's place​
oh look: another silly post​
the point has been missed!​
but God forbid that I should boast​
except in what's a gift​
you ask do i hear​
the voice-of-God​
well i used to be a Pharisee​
and now I'm... not​
you think i've made no point—​
well that's for Christ to decide​
if you judge another's servant​
your filled up with pride​
*drops the mic*​
my testimony:​
Dont know what you are trying to convey but when you see Him as He is ye shall be like Him. 1 John 3.

Gary Mac

It's called "self-righteousness."
Actually self righteousness is to say you are of Christ but has other ideas than to be anointed of God as Jesus was anointed of God as He demands that we be as He is, perfect as He is.

If you say you are of Christ and saved but are anything less than who Christ is and anointed of God then you have established your own righteousness aside from His which is to be perfect even as your Father in heaven and without sin by having His same mind, His same Spirit and walk as He walks in it.

Denominations are notorious for self righteousness, all of them dictate to their gods who and what they would have their god be. That is why there are so many arguments among these about their gods they have established from religious minds.

Dizerner

Actually self righteousness is to say you are of Christ but has other ideas than to be anointed of God as Jesus was anointed of God as He demands that we be as He is, perfect as He is.

If you say you are of Christ and saved but are anything less than who Christ is and anointed of God then you have established your own righteousness aside from His which is to be perfect even as your Father in heaven and without sin by having His same mind, His same Spirit and walk as He walks in it.

Denominations are notorious for self righteousness, all of them dictate to their gods who and what they would have their god be. That is why there are so many arguments among these about their gods they have established from religious minds.

Your post sounds contradictory to me.

You claim Christ should be our righteousness but then equate that to performance.

If you trust in your works you are not trusting in the atoning virtues of Christ suffering for your sin, it's one or the other, and your performance will be condemned as inadequate. You will go to hell.

The Bible says we are to have a righteousness not our own and not be righteous in ourselves.

and be found in Him, not having my own righteousness, which is from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which is from God by faith; (Phi 3:9 NKJ)

but Israel, pursuing the law of righteousness, has not attained to the law of righteousness.
Why? Because they did not seek it by faith, but as it were, by the works of the law. For they stumbled at that stumbling stone. (Rom 9:31-32 NKJ)

also He spoke this parable to some who trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others: (Luk 18:9 NKJ)

Gary Mac

Your post sounds contradictory to me.
It always does to religious minds.
You claim Christ should be our righteousness but then equate that to performance.
Performance is result for being Gods righteous. The mind of God as your own will perform His will whether you think so or not.
If you trust in your works you are not trusting in the atoning virtues of Christ suffering for your sin, it's one or the other, and your performance will be condemned as inadequate. You will go to hell.
Now you are getting the message.
The Bible says we are to have a righteousness not our own and not be righteous in ourselves.
Amen if one is of God as Jesus was we are not of self but of His mind.
and be found in Him, not having my own righteousness, which is from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which is from God by faith; (Phi 3:9 NKJ)

but Israel, pursuing the law of righteousness, has not attained to the law of righteousness.
Why? Because they did not seek it by faith, but as it were, by the works of the law. For they stumbled at that stumbling stone. (Rom 9:31-32 NKJ)
Once one gets past the stumbling block to be as I Am, only then will you become like Him and in His same image and walk as He walks in His same light, perfect even as your Father in heaven is perfect as is commanded of you by Jesus himself.
also He spoke this parable to some who trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others: (Luk 18:9 NKJ)
ANd it is obvious that you are trusting in your own doctrine and made your own laws to govern your beliefs where you have no intent in being as I Am as God demands of you.

civic

This should make these who say Jesus is God question what they are hearing, but they cant hear Jesus who tries to lead people to God they are to busy dictating their own rules for their gods.

But as Jesus stated they cant hear him and listen to the one who leads them away from God be in them.
for sure you and the OP do not hear Jesus voice since you deny His Deity and the Apostles called Him God and worshiped Him as God.

next.................

Gary Mac

for sure you and the OP do not hear Jesus voice since you deny His Deity and the Apostles called Him God and worshiped Him as God.

next.................
They called God, God and Jesus son of God just as Jesus did and worshiped his God in obediance, he prayed to his God for you to be like his God, John 17, he was clear his God sent him to show you His way.

You just dont believe Jesus is all. You dont believe Jesus obeyed his God, you dont believe God sent him, you dont believe Jesus prayed to him. That is so so obvious.

rakovsky

Jesus said his sheep hear his voice. John 10

How about you? Do you hear his voice?

These guys could not hear Jesus and Jesus explains why:

"Why do you not understand what I am saying? It is because you cannot hear my word. 44 You are of your father the devil, and you want to do the desires of your father. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth because there is no truth in him. Whenever he speaks a lie, he speaks from himself, for he is a liar and the father of lies. 45 But because I speak the truth, you do not believe me. 46 Which one of you convicts me of sin? If I speak truth, why do you not believe me? 47 He who is of God hears the words of God; for this reason you do not hear them, because you are not of God.”

So how about you? Do you hear him?

"He who has an ear to hear, let him hear."

Do you hear him?

"For the gate is small and the way is difficult that leads to life, and there are few who find it." - Jesus
Matthew 7:14

"Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire." - Jesus
Matthew 7:19

Why do you call me "Lord, Lord" and not do what I say?" - Jesus
Luke 6:46

"Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven... THEREFORE everyone who hears these words of mine and does them, may be compared to a wise man who built his house on the rock. And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and slammed against that house; and it did not fall, for it had been founded on the rock. Everyone who hears these words of mine and does not do them, will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand. The rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and slammed against that house; and it fell—and great was its fall.” Matthew 7:21-27

“He who loves father or mother more than me is not worthy of me and he who loves son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. And he who does not take his cross and follow after me is not worthy of me." Matthew 10:37-38

"If anyone wishes to come after me, he must deny himself, and take up his cross and follow me. For whoever wants to save his soul will lose it but whoever loses his soul for my sake will find it. For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world and forfeits his soul? Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul? FOR the son of man is going to come in the glory of his Father with his angels, and will then repay every man according to his deeds." Matthew 16:24-27

“If anyone comes to me, and does not hate his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, and even his own soul, he cannot be my disciple. Whoever does not carry his own cross and come after me cannot be my disciple.... none of you can be my disciple who does not forsake all that he has." Luke 14:26-33

"Why do you not understand what I am saying? It is because you cannot hear my word. 44 You are of your father the devil, and you want to do the desires of your father. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth because there is no truth in him. Whenever he speaks a lie, he speaks from himself, for he is a liar and the father of lies. But because I speak the truth, you do not believe me. 46 Which one of you convicts me of sin? If I speak truth, why do you not believe me? He who is of God hears the words of God; for this reason you do not hear them, because you are not of God.” John 8:43-47

What do you mean by hearing him-
That Jesus literally miraculously speaks to people like the story of Simon literally hearing a voice calling his name in the night, or telepathically getting messages, or something like Paul on the road to Damadcus?
Or do you mean in a metaphorically or spiritual way, like if you complain to someone about your life problems and they reply, "I hear what you are saying"?